Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Zolpidem/30mg first time

PotatoMan

Bluelight Crew
Acquired 3 ambiens and took 1 of then and broke it in half. I crushed the other half and snorted it so that it will keep me awake. Then swallowed the rest of the pills. I weigh about 175lbs.

+15mins : effects have presented themselves. I felt happy and had that wobbly feeling in my walking. Doubly vision too.

+2hrs The only other effects noticed were tracers from lightpoles in the street

I'm so confused. No hallucinations at all or nothing I don't even get giggly.

It's been 2hours as I don't even feel tired or anything my body feels heavier and I have a weird feeling in my stomach. Wdffff this drug sucks

Maybe I should've taken a higher dose like 50mg+

Still up. Still disappointed. Definitely will try about 60mg next time. Short term memory was jacked tho

Still up. Still disappointed. Definitely will try about 60mg next time. Short term memory was jacked tho

DO NOT take 60 mg of zolpidem, 30mg is quite a dose for someone not tolerant, a dose increase is definitely not your problem.

Majority of people don't really like this drug for anything more than sleeping, maybe it could be that your brain isn't as susceptible to the positive effects of this drug as other people's who's experiences you've heard about.
^^^ That is a much more likely answer to your problem than you just didn't take enough.
Furthermore, for future reference, don't just double the dose of a drug your taking when your not satisfied with the effects, probably not the best gameplan.

I agree^ It's a sleep-aid, it works best as one. 60 mg only sounds like a good idea if you're trying to sleep forever.

Try snorting about 25mg and smoking some herb. Anymore, and you'll either pass out or just not remember the experience. It's a benzo-like drug IMO - attempting to get hallucinations from it is a pointless exercise. Still recreational though, in the right set and settings.

10mg is enough to produce a substantial high if one does not have a tolerance to zolpidem. If you don't get buzzed off 5-10mg, do not take more thinking it will get you high. People get into trouble when they view zolpidem as something that you can trip on and may hallucinate, terrible terrible mistake.

Any more than that, and depending on your bodyweight, you are going to fall under the 'hypnosis' effect of this drug.

Try swallowing 10mg on an empty stomach and smoke some pot. You won't pass out and have a 95% chance of remembering the experience. If that is too much try 5mg next time, after you leave a few days to wash it out of you.

Trinidadman, you should stay away from zolpidem. If you can't see the magic of 5-10mg, you need to stay away from this drug and not try to get high off it. Personally I get sent straight to a cloud like this off 10mg, however it only lasts about 45 minutes, and is way better with some cannabis. Talk about feeling goofy.
75e8bb59b358.jpg

I weigh 170lbs. I took about 7mg of zolpidem and 1mg of lorazepam the other afternoon and felt like I was transported straight to my little happy place full of giggles. Cannabis greatly intensifies the effects of zolpidem and lorazepam. I would not have felt a need to keep my buzz going with alcohol when the effects started to subside had I been able to smoke cannabis freely, unfortunately I was only able to take 2 hits later that night.

Last edited:
Long ago I when I first tried Ambien I got the good effects, I got euphoric and giddy. My mum thought I was drunk when I stumbled into her room for something.

The reason I took 30mg this time was obv for the 'hallucinogenic' effects. I only got double vision and a terrible body load from the experience. I felt almost sick, I completely hated smoking cigarettes. I stayed up for 9 hours after taking the Ambien with no problems. I was drinking and liming with girls by my house. I definitely won't try it again for recreation. I only said what I said in that second post cuz I was stupid and fucked up lol. I didn't even get tracers, I asked my friend if he could see what I thought were tracers and he said he could and he was not on Ambien lol.