• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Z drugs, benzos, or antihistamines best for sleep

Really? My eex who was only maybe 130lbs once took 25 and was fine except for the fact that she hallucinated to.
They didn't give me any medicine/antidote, just 'supportive' treatment. I think I would have woken up without it anyways if nobody would have found me unconscious and called the paramedics.

Zopiclone is good for sleep if you dont abuse it and if you tae days off. Toerance builds like a bitch on it. As far as other drugs i would recomnd Trimipramine a tricyclic known to cause sedation. But that one can make you kind of drowsy the next day.
Quazepam

Apparently it is a uniquely acting benzodiazepine that has a very low level of rebound, insomnia and also very low levels of next day the sedation.

It has a very specific action that helps induce and maintain sleep without negatively affecting sleep architecture like most other benzodiazepines do.

IMO Diphenhydramine and a couple of paracetamol (Tylenol) works wonder for sleep. Very underrated.
But if your really stressed and got high anxiety Zopiclone is the best.

Drugs you can get over the counter esp in the UK are very good for sleep aid. You just have to look.
You can get codeine over the counter here. That knocks me out as well. MIx and match guys

Tylenol only blocks some pain receptors in the brain, so it'd only help you sleep if you were in a lot of pain, but not as much as NSAIDS would as it doesn't reduce inflammation and would fry your liver after awhile if you used it as a sleep aid even if it did have sedating qualities. All you'd really need is the DPH, but tolerance to the sedation builds fast, within days. The one I mentioned the other day, doxylamine succinate, is the strongest sedative anti-histamine I've ever taken, seems to be quite a few notches higher than DPH. This would make sense given Unisom contains it, a brand name sleep aid in the states.

I use Rhotundin made by Stilux. Made from a plant, not sure if it counts as herbal. Much better than valium, xanax, diphenhydramine, zopiclone etc.... because the tollerance stays low and I don't feel drowsy.

Benzos are addictive. Some antihistamines kill brain cells e.g. may bring on dementia earlier. Stuff like Ambien stops working super fast for me. Rotundin is cheap and knocked me out almost as good as my first xanax when I first took one.

Half a 60mg pill will work at first. You can order them from Vietnam. Different brands didn't work as well for me. Stilux is solid.

IMO Diphenhydramine and a couple of paracetamol (Tylenol) works wonder for sleep. Very underrated.
But if your really stressed and got high anxiety Zopiclone is the best.

Drugs you can get over the counter esp in the UK are very good for sleep aid. You just have to look.
You can get codeine over the counter here. That knocks me out as well. MIx and match guys
OTC Codeine you say? Do tell me more!

I haven't tried much to make a comparison, but whenever I take benadryl (I think that's diphenhydramine) I feel so out of it the next morning. I much prefer hydroxyzine. If I only get 5 hours with it I don't feel so great, but as long as I get 7 hours with it I'm usually pretty good the next morning.
kratom is a stimulant and will not help you sleep

kratom is a stimulant and will not help you sleep
I actually got tired from Kratom and could sleep for a couple of hours from time to time but it definitely isn't a sleep aid. I never got stimulation from Kratom, independent of strain and origin.

Speaking of sleep aids, i took 1000mg Soma last night, with ALOT of smoking high quality marijuana & hashish.

Talk about a wonderful evening!

Depends on the context. If you mean as an occasional thing, from time to time, then nothing beats a benzo (I don't have much experience with z-drugs, but have hard a lot of stories of shit like extreme sleepwalking which I have ever experiences from a benzo). A good hypnotic benzo, preferably one that lasts the length of time you need to sleep (etizolam is ideal, too bad they banned it :X), will send you right to sleep, no matter what.

But, regular benzo use is a horrible idea, because they're physically addictive, and have the worst withdrawal syndrome of any drug class, due to the length (months long potentially) and severity (up to and including death via grand mal seizure). So benzos are only suitable as a solution from time to time. z-drugs are very similar to benzos, but I am not 100% clear on the differences. But they're GABAergic and addictive, too.

Antihistamines are non-addictive and some of them work pretty well, but not as well as benzos. Good old diphenhydramine (benadryl) works pretty well. Doxylamine (Unisom, the original formula) works better though.

The best for sleep with minimal hangover (for me) is Xanax. Of course, then you are playing with all the addiction potential, etc., of benzos.
You always get addicted to the sleep inducing effects of any sleep aid. Xanax is chancing getting addicted to the high as well. Still, I used to always have a Xanax or two around for "nights before a big, important, day".

Benadryl works well, but for one night in a row. The drowsiness, both the night of and the next morning, can be a pleasant thing if you are taking the sleep aid due to stress.

Since you can't get Xanax easily anymore, I usually rely on the Z drugs for sleep aids. It's hard to use them recreationally, which is a good thing in a sleep aid TBH.
Ambian has always caused me to wake up, wide awake, a few hours after taking it. I think most of the "sleep driving/eating/etc. stuff happens on Ambian. IMO, since it doesn't keep you down, the sleep walking happens. Also, people likely take more and a cycle of half asleep ensues

Lunesta works well, but has the next day grogginess.

I am actually quite the asshole for a few hours the morning after Lunesta and have to allow for that and make no important decisions or interactions in that time.