• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your poppy seed tea recipe

QUARE

Bluelighter
This thread is somewhere you can put your own recipe to make an effective and good tasting PST (poppy seed tea).

My most effective PST recipe is;

- Start by pouring out the juice of 1 or 1 and a half lemon depending on how much you want to cover the bitter taste of the PST.
- Add 300 to 350ml of warm water, its important that the water is not to hot and not to cold, cold water will make it taste terrible and hot water will make it hard to drink.
- Add 150 grams of poppy seeds, you can add the amount you want but you will have to ajust the amount of water with the amount of seeds.
- Shake the mix vigourously for 2 minutes 30 seconds, its important that you do it for about this time so its long enough to washes the opium on the seed but not too long to makes the seeds soak the liquid.

You now want to neutralise a little bit of acid with some sodium bicarbonate because this amount of juice will cause stomach and throat discomfort, the reason why I dont cut down the amount of lemon juice rather then neutralise the acid is that the juice add alot of taste to the drink, but you dont want to neutralise all the acid because PST is very bitter.

- Add 1/2 tea spoon of sodium bicarbonate +/- depending on your taste.
- Add 1 table spoon of sugar to add a little sweet :) +/- depending on your taste.

The result taste good and is easy to drink.

Enjoy and add your own recipe of PTS.

Micho~Riso's Illustrated PST Recipe

mods: I'm just a GreenLighter, so please edit and/or place this post in it's proper place

A bit of background:
• I'm a big fellow (6'2", 305 lbs), have a moderately high opiate/opioid tolerance (90mg hydrocodone dose) built up over the past 8 years, and I inherited a pre-disposition to addiction that (I believe) helps promote my overall drug tolerance.

Preface:
• I have read and tried many suggested opiate/opioid potentiation methods, but personally notice no advantages worthy of adopting any of the methods permanently. I have found that the addition of OTC DXM and/or diphenhydramine do add a pleasant 'bonus' or 'combo affect' to my daily opiate dose.
• The following is for entertainment purposes only. I do not condone use of this recipe or the production any illegal opiate/opioid. I strongly discourage the ingestion of any opiate/opioid without the instruction and assistance from a licensed, professional healthcare provider.

My personal advice to others is: if you've never ridden the opiate train, don't get on it.

Recipe: The following PST recipe is one I've come to through more than two years of daily preparation. It is much the same as other recipes found on the web, with a few different techniques I've found beneficial to the desired outcome.

Supplies
1. (1) lot Poppy Seeds (preferably more than 1.5-2 lbs (24-32 oz); can be purchased online or at local, specialized food markets)
2. (2-3) Containers with secure lids (1 quart canning jars are ideal, and will be used in this example)
3. (1) Scoop (for seed transfer; a measuring cup works very nicely)
4. (1) Small Strainer (note: large strainers have larger mesh, allowing seeds to pass through; small, hand-held strainers have smaller mesh, trapping tiny poppy seeds)

peBWD9KkgVpIRODG
tRUNWefbe0nHi0Bt

(images: large bag of papaver somniferum seeds 3 quart-sized jars with lids, 1 small strainer, 1 measuring cup)

Steps
1. Get some (Papaver Somniferum) poppy seeds.
a. Other strains of poppy seeds such as Orientale, Rhosea, etc. do not produce the alkaloids we desire for this tea. Papaver Somniferum seeds are pale blue to dark blue or black in color. Some common poppy seeds (without opiate alkaloids) are reddish-brown in color.
b. Fresh, good Papaver Somniferum seeds smell ‘earthy’, much like dirt or soil. Bad seeds will smell and/or taste much like black pepper. ‘Black pepper’ seeds are worthless for making tea.​
2. Using your scoop, move 1.5-2 lbs (24-32 oz.) of seeds to a single container for washing.
a. Note: seed potency varies considerably, and cannot be measured precisely. Papaver Somniferum seeds will yield a full range of opiate alkaloids. Overdosing is possible. When allotting seeds for washing, start small and work your way up to a desirable allotment without harming yourself! Don’t be a jackass.
bO7ttyT1wz4wJAOW

(image: scooping 1 cup (8 oz) of poppy seeds into jar container)

b. For this example, we will be washing approximately 1.5 lbs of seeds. The author has found this to be a reliable, single dose. (Note: The author has a high tolerance, and this recipe yields a considerably large, strong dose)

nFcRPBsyFHcSV3gw

(image: approximately 1.5 lbs (24 oz) of seeds in a jar container)

3. Add cold water to your seeds for washing.
a. For best results, use cold water in an amount that settles just above the top layer of seeds.
b. Hot water tends to yield poppy seed oils, which are undesirable.
c. When compared to hot or warm water, cold water tends to yield the best solution.

TXctYbiTk8xfSRjY

(image: approximately 1.5 lbs (24 oz) of seeds in a jar container with cold water added for washing)

4. Wash your seeds.
a. Shaking or washing your seeds is the most important and widely disputed (in terms of applied time) step in your process. The author has learned that when vigorously shaking the seed/water solution, 1-5 minutes is optimum and additional time does not yield a better product. Additional shaking/steeping begins to produce poppy seed oils as opposed to more alkaloid content.

APtGCR96m9AUkuhH

(image: capped jar container being shaken vigorously by hand)

5. Filter (strain) your wash
a. After shaking your seeds for approximately 3 minutes, your water solution will have absorbed a desirable amount of alkaloid dust. Note the beautiful, dark, milky appearance of your solution. This is good. The darker the solution, the better.

oGwroZpC048zjCCD
bAHweNVzD0DpZxgJ

(images: using strainer to separate seeds from shaken wash)

6. Repeat (wash & filter)
a. Your seeds can be washed up to 4 times with significant to noticeable yield. After the 4th wash, yield is negligible. (I have discovered that the first 3 washes produce desirable yield; this example demonstrates 3 washes).
b. The first 2 washes will yield product of significant potency. Potency (determined by estimation: based on darkness of color and bitter taste) declines exponentially after the 2nd wash. (The darker color and more bitter taste are measures of higher potency).
c. For this example, the 3rd wash is separated into two batches. The first amount is added to the current brew to attain desired quantity and the remaining amount is added to an empty container to be used as ‘starter fluid’ for the next batch.

ARzZpkmTqPKRQwZB

(image: final product yields approximately 1 quart of yellow/brown colored, slightly bitter tea, and enough 3rd wash yield to use in beginning the next wash)

Notes:
a. 15 minutes. This process takes a maximum of 10-15 minutes from start to clean-up. A nice dose of tea in the morning is a great way to start the day. The author likes to make a spot of tea before work each day. Some days call for an afternoon follow-up.
b. Clean your mess! Poppy seeds are miniscule in size, and no matter how careful you are, they will get all over your preparation area. Unapproving spouses, guardians or other authorities will certainly end your tea making days if you don’t clean up after yourself.
c. Spread the wealth like a ‘Johnny Poppy Seed’. Why flush away or trash your used seeds when you can pitch them out in the back yard, a nearby vacant lot, or countryside? Birds love poppy seeds as much as you do- trust me. Share your used seeds with Mother Nature. (If you’re exceptionally lucky, she will pay you back).
d. Storage time is minimal. PST will turn rancid in a very short time depending upon temperature. I've learned that refrigerated tea will not spoil when stored for up to 72 hours. However, in temperatures above 80°F, PST will begin to sour in as little as 3-4 hours. And I do mean sour, son. Rancid.
e. Be careful, dammit! Remember: You are brewing up opium in a most crude fashion. You cannot precisely determine potency. Use your common sense. Never over-do it. This is serious shit, sailor.

So there's that. Enjoy.

Help first timer in new Zealand, I brought two small as packets of papaver somniferum seeds and added cold water shook it and did all right, but this person sent me used seeds, and my brew is cloudy and gone clear and just tastes like water, so annoyed, what have I done.. I have some food poppies but only doing this as I'm in withdrawals and that's all I need to stop, not get high, that would be a bonus so these seeds did nothing, the water I sivved it through is like water end of, not sure if these food poppy seeds that are whole, what can i do with these, they are tiny like these ones I brought, didn't have many, I don't know what to do with the seeds I put cold water in now, if I got no taste, what's happened that I did wrong.. Plz help as in withdrawals, and this sux... Thankyou..
Anne-Marie in New Zealand

I used to take a pound or so of seeds (keep in mind I have a stupid opiate tolerance), and get one of those 128 ounce Gatorade bottles:

5200033832-001

The lemon flavor. Pour half of it into another container, and use a funnel to put the seeds in. You can fit up to just about exactly a pound and a half if you pour out half the Gatorade. The liquid should be room temperature. Close it up and shake vigorously for 5 minutes, the ridge in the middle makes a good handle. Then unscrew the cap about a quarter turn or so, and squeeze it out into a big glass or jar. The lid will prevent the seeds from escaping. Then use the rest of the Gatorade to do a second wash, right away though, so the seeds don't get a chance to swell with water and release their oils. The liquid should be a golden color, the darker, the stronger it is. The lemon Gatorade actually makes it taste pretty decent, it's not bad at all, I grew to like the taste.

But these days, everywhere I used to get good seeds from has switched their supply apparently, and they don't get you high but instead feel unpleasant and produce itching so bad that I get hives and feel my heart pounding in my face. Pretty sure it's high thebaine poppy varieties that they get the seeds from now.

Help first timer in new Zealand, I brought two small as packets of papaver somniferum seeds and added cold water shook it and did all right, but this person sent me used seeds, and my brew is cloudy and gone clear and just tastes like water, so annoyed, what have I done.. I have some food poppies but only doing this as I'm in withdrawals and that's all I need to stop, not get high, that would be a bonus so these seeds did nothing, the water I sivved it through is like water end of, not sure if these food poppy seeds that are whole, what can i do with these, they are tiny like these ones I brought, didn't have many, I don't know what to do with the seeds I put cold water in now, if I got no taste, what's happened that I did wrong.. Plz help as in withdrawals, and this sux... Thankyou..
Anne-Marie in New Zealand

Most poppy seeds you can find at the store are washed, so they won't get you high no matter how much you use. All the main brands are washed. Also, even if they were unwashed, 2 small packets isn't going to do anything, it takes quite a volume of even good seeds to get high. Maybe if they were the strongest seeds in the world, 2 packets might help ease withdrawal, maybe, depending on your tolerance. When I was my deepest in opiates, I could take 2 and a half pounds. Granted, I would get really high from that, but that is a LOT of seeds.

That’s why I turned to pods almost immediately after trying seeds, I think I only bought seeds 2 times actually, the yield you got off a lb of pods is significant larger than the yield you get off an equal amount of moneys worth of seeds, to me pods are one of those amazing secrets that should be extremely popular, but for some reason isn’t, of people just don’t talk about them cause theyr afraid their vendor will get raided…but Iv probably got 5lbs of seeds in a garbage bag from separating them from my pods, I don’t even bother washing them

Last edited:
The seeds from inside pods are basically worthless. The only seeds that are good come from scored pods, then the latex ends up getting on the seeds. If the pods aren't ever scored, the seeds don't really get much of anything on them. Or so I've heard. I tried making tea from all my pod seeds after I ran out of pods, and barely felt anything.

For many years I used to get these awesome seeds from a salvage grocery store in my town. $2/pound, so covered in opium that they stuck together in clumps and were sticky to the touch. In fact after a while they got tired of me always buying all their seeds and the grocery manager told me he could just place orders for 25 pound boxes for me, at cost... $42. So for me, it was really cheap.

I have some questions, i have a source for papaver somniferum seeds, but the source said the seeds contain no psychoactive substances? Im confused..

And is it correct that for one dose tea you need 80 g seeds? This source sells per five g, this would become expensive...

So, bad source? Ill look a bit further, but what exactly AM i looking for???

Since poppy seeds are legal, is it okay for me to ask where i can buy blue unwashed poppy seeds? I thought i had a source, but turns out i dont...

Since poppy seeds are legal, is it okay for me to ask where i can buy blue unwashed poppy seeds? I thought i had a source, but turns out i dont...
No, we can't tell you where to get seeds. Sorry.

Best you can do is find a thread where the OP does a lot of seed tea and message them and ask. They may tell you where to look or they may ignore you. A lot of it is trial and error anyway. MOST people say that the seeds they are getting are washed and unreliable and say if you want to go down that route to go with the pods.

What you get and how good they are is totally dependent on how reliable the vendor is. These days I wouldn't put too much stock into online vendors. They pretty much just want your money.

No, we can't tell you where to get seeds. Sorry.

Best you can do is find a thread where the OP does a lot of seed tea and message them and ask. They may tell you where to look or they may ignore you. A lot of it is trial and error anyway. MOST people say that the seeds they are getting are washed and unreliable and say if you want to go down that route to go with the pods.

What you get and how good they are is totally dependent on how reliable the vendor is. These days I wouldn't put too much stock into online vendors. They pretty much just want your money.
That's somewhat disappointing, as i Read everywhere to be real careful with this tea not.to od i was expecting to get strong results from what of course in that case are actual unwashed seeds...

Ill research if i can find Any possible sources for the pods, but suspect this Will be even more difficult... They sell papaver somniferum in the smartshop, but its washed, very little amounts and way too expensive...

Someone actually was Nice enough to share a source with me...

And what i also consider A possible option is that i know someone who is somewhat a professional in these things and.he.could maybe.help me out,.maybe even with pods, back when i started planning on making my own N,N.dmt.he.also helped me out and got me everything i needed, from powdered mimosa hostilis for better extraction than with the usually sold mimosa bark.to even the octane i.needed, i.used.the terrence mackenna.tek, and i also often used chaliponga for DMT extraction.instead.of mimosa as chaliponga is.known to.give.a darker,.more sinistre and more scary.trip,.which was.something.i.desired.once i.became.aware of.the possibilities regarding this...

So i also supposed.if.i.could.make N,N DMT IT would be so very easy to.make poppy seeds tea that was strong in effects, so.i.really.looked.forward.to.making.it, especially cause i.have.a thing for all natural drugs,.i.also.grow some stuff, i grow weed now.and then and also make my own hash,.i.have.an.erythroxylum coca,.i have.kanna, i used to have a shroom growkit and used to have a San pedro.cactus,... Just because i find natural.drugs.extra.fascinating and consider.them to be Essential for our existence and see.them as a gift from nature, even to be divine...

Coca Just a baby only Just own my.own.coca.plant

Cubensis b+ which actually.belongs to.the strongest shrooms of all...

And so on...

Last edited:
The seeds from inside pods are basically worthless. The only seeds that are good come from scored pods, then the latex ends up getting on the seeds. If the pods aren't ever scored, the seeds don't really get much of anything on them. Or so I've heard. I tried making tea from all my pod seeds after I ran out of pods, and barely felt anything.

For many years I used to get these awesome seeds from a salvage grocery store in my town. $2/pound, so covered in opium that they stuck together in clumps and were sticky to the touch. In fact after a while they got tired of me always buying all their seeds and the grocery manager told me he could just place orders for 25 pound boxes for me, at cost... $42. So for me, it was really cheap.
I agree about them being worthless to get high on ,I tried tea from seeds (5 ounces) that I saved from good pods that I had in the past and didn’t feel nothing maybe something going on in my stomach but no high compared to the pods they came from ,,

I have a bucket of soil that I threw a handful in an I’ll see if anything sprouts

I agree about them being worthless to get high on ,I tried tea from seeds (5 ounces) that I saved from good pods that I had in the past and didn’t feel nothing maybe something going on in my stomach but no high compared to the pods they came from ,,

I have a bucket of soil that I threw a handful in an I’ll see if anything sprouts
I really hoped things would be different regarding poppy tea, i actually had quite good hopes about this tea ..

I really hoped things would be different regarding poppy tea, i actually had quite good hopes about this tea ..
Xorkoth said only good seeds come from scored pods ,the pods I had weren’t scored which equates to them being garbage which I agree they were,you may be buying scored pods,we’ll know when you try them. I’d say your chances are an even 50/50 they’re either good or no good.

Xorkoth said only good seeds come from scored pods ,the pods I had weren’t scored which equates to them being garbage which I agree they were,you may be buying scored pods,we’ll know when you try them. I’d say your chances are an even 50/50 they’re either good or no good.
Im somewhat less.enthousiastic as i was at first, but i still look forward to Just trying it out myself... I was also thinking,.is it possible to grow enough pods yourself to be able to extract enough opium from IT to be able to smoke IT and have the Desired effects?

Poppy seed potency is far too unreliable to be able to titrate a known dose.

Far better to use pods...