• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your Personal Rules For Drugs

^ explain why you group MDMA with meth&heroin

weed = only when offered to me
tobacco = " (often leads back to addiction though)
H = when I can afford it
E = if i have the money / if its crystal or defs not bunk
RC's = sunday funday
phenibut = twice a week on socially requiring circumstances

Not even DMT? I have never IVed myself but CaptainHeroin got me intrigued about that method of administration. DMT is already so incredible when smoked and IV seems like it would streamline things even more.

Unlikely; mostly though because I'm affriad of hygenic complications concerning such an action; although I am curious to what the effects would be like; smoked / vaporised DMT is already way intense enough. Also I'd rather only consider injecting a drug if it already were fully sterile; for example pharmaceutical ketamine although I'd still rather not. I assume its a rule I'll stick by, although not the strictest one I have for myself..

No rules on weed, besides avoiding sober people if I'm completely baked.

MDMA and similar: Only tested and/or known clean sources. Don't go overboard, 1 redose max in a night, NEVER twice in a week and preferably not more than once in a month.

Psychs: Only on the rare occasion my head is completely prepared. Try anything new at a low dose first.

Everything else: only if offered by one of a handful of trusted friends.

Never go out/see people high enough for it to be noticeable.
No drugs during the day.
No prioritising drugs before work, gym, etc.
No more heroin.
Never use for more than two days in a row.
Strong opiates only on rare occasions from now on.

I think I've broken all of them a number of times though :|

^ Heroin doesn't (explicitly) cause brain damage though, so it still makes no sense.

Comparing it to meth or even cocaine.. I can understand. Comparing MDMA to meth AND heroin though? No.

What? It makes perfect sense. Relative to the other two drugs MDMA is known for probable neurotoxicity. All three can cause brain damage. As a moderator for the ecstasy forum i'm frankly baffled that you either don't know this or don't want to admit it.

I'm not trying to deny the dangers of MDMA, I've even said in the past that it can be MORE damaging than methamphetmine when abused on the same level.

I only asked him why he decided to group all three... he had no answer. :\

In regards to brain damage, MDMA is in a league of its own. You're right: relative to the subject, methamphetamine and heroin are much more safe.

Cook food before you get high.

Hide the power tools and flame throwers.

Don't pluck your eyebrows until the drugs wear off.

You're right: relative to the subject, methamphetamine and heroin are much more safe.

Never said that..

MDMA is VERY safe when used responsibly.. but so is meth. "Neurotoxicity" (which is a very loaded word) of both is extremely limited with moderate doses and ample breaks in between uses. If you are snorting grams of MDMA for weeks at a time the way people do meth.... yeah, it's probably going to do much more damage.. but really, any one with a brain is not going to do this simply because it's too hard to keep up.

Comparing someone who take a pill or two at a rave every few months to someone who smokes meth all day, everyday or someone who is shooting heroin everyday to keep W/Ds away is a fallacy at the very least, though.

MD-MethAmphetamine can be very damaging, but when you look at the users of MDMA and the users of meth/heroin and the habits they take up with those drugs, they are completely different things. That's not to say you can't abuse MDMA on the same level you can with meth, but tolerance and the inevitable crash that comes from low levels of serotonin makes it VERY hard, however.

Can you read? I know what you said. You said they can't be compared. And I'm saying they certainly can be. MDMA usage is not safe by any means. I don't see how neurotoxicity as "loaded", care to elaborate? It takes a lot less MDMA than that to cause damage. Funny you talk about fallacies, because your straw man portraying me as comparing compulsive meth usage to occasional heroin usage is textbook.

You're vague. Different "things"?

I used to have some rules.....Like never even try coke, because I thought I would get addicted to it. Tried it - eh. Meth never even crossed my mind, but it by passed the "never even try it" rule too.

My current rules/general guidelines for drug use:
1. Don't let anything take away from my ability to care for my cat ever again!!!
2. Pay for my own shit, by way of money/trade of another substance. No fronts. No debts owed.
3. Sleep, eat, drink when it's time. A healthier body has a better time getting high repeatedly.
4. No needles.

Defined rules seem a little silly to me in this context. Overall I just want to stay human.

MDMA usage is not safe by any means.

There are quite a few articles saying otherwise.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/201...ian-health-official-says-pure-ecstasy-is-safe

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/ecstasy_safer_than_peanuts/
http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2008/sep/05/australia_drug_researcher_says_e

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2007/mar/23/constitution.drugsandalcohol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rse-riding-says-Governments-drug-advisor.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1574273/Ecstasy-is-a-safe-drug-says-police-chief.html

Now, there are just as many saying the exact opposite. Probably a lot more, really. Saying it is safe or unsafe is a load of horse shit, though. It's both. It is an EXTREMELY safe drug when used responsibly, if you read the Six Simple Rules To MDMA and follow them, there is really not much harm that can come to you.

Adulterants are the main source of harm in "ecstasy" abuse, although I can't deny that the drug it self can be quite damaging. In fact, I would also argue it is one the the most damaging drugs out there. I have made that argument before. This is only with serious abuse, though. There is a key difference between use and abuse, just as there is a difference between someone using Desoxyn for severe ADD and someone smoking crystal for days on end chasing the shadow people.

I could continue, but honestly I think you already understand that a responsible 150mg (~1.1mg per kg for human) dose once every month or two is not the same as the 3000mg (I've seen up to 15mg/kg) a day doses they are injecting into mice for 3 consecutive days for weeks on end to display this neurotoxicity.

Meth and heroin can also be used safely, but due to their strong reinforcing properties and addictive nature this is MUCH, MUCH harder than using MDMA in such a manner.

Unlikely; mostly though because I'm affriad of hygenic complications concerning such an action; although I am curious to what the effects would be like; smoked / vaporised DMT is already way intense enough. Also I'd rather only consider injecting a drug if it already were fully sterile; for example pharmaceutical ketamine although I'd still rather not. I assume its a rule I'll stick by, although not the strictest one I have for myself..

well, intensity can be controlled by dose, too. i was curious about your opinion (and black's if he reads this thread) as a more regular user. i agree about sterility. dmt is the only thing i've considered injecting, seeing as how rare it is becoming and so forth. but as of right now i'd be concerned with technique. so it's on the bucket list instead haha.

OT: a relatively new rule i've got that is not super-strict but has been working well has been: no more than 3 alcoholic drinks at a time. limits hangover to manageable levels at worst and is easy on the pocket. i mean it sounds simple right? seriously effective though.

I used to have some rules.....Like never even try coke, because I thought I would get addicted to it. Tried it - eh. Meth never even crossed my mind, but it by passed the "never even try it" rule too.

My current rules/general guidelines for drug use:
1. Don't let anything take away from my ability to care for my cat ever again!!!
2. Pay for my own shit, by way of money/trade of another substance. No fronts. No debts owed.
3. Sleep, eat, drink when it's time. A healthier body has a better time getting high repeatedly.
4. No needles.

Defined rules seem a little silly to me in this context. Overall I just want to stay human.

Those sound like pretty healthy rules to live by, if you ask me. Love #1, as my wife and I have 4. #3 sounds easier than it is sometimes, I'll be honest there are times when I have zero appetite and won't eat except dinner. That's with my wife so I kind of have to. Unfortunately, nothing innately (sp?) tells me to eat, I just do it because I know I should. You know, come to think of it, pot would probably help me (the munchies and all). It's just not realistic at this point in my life.