• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your MBTI (personality type) and your Drug of Choice.

ENFP and heroin

I used to think I was INFP, but I realize that I'm definitely way more extroverted than I thought I was.

laCster said:
i am in reality an INTP, but i love being extroverted. i usually end up having fun by myself though...

This isn't quite how it works--being extroverted is not as simple as acting socially. Rather, the questions are, what recharges you and what drains you? Insofar as social interaction recharges you and being alone drains you, you're extroverted. Insofar as the converse occurs, you're introverted. In my experience, euphoric stimulants might make one more resistant to the draining effects of social interaction, but they don't really flip this relation entirely. Also, it becomes clear how shyness, fear of social interaction, is a separate matter. Being a shy extrovert occurs, and I'm guessing that it sucks.

ebola

INTP- I sure do love oxycodone and adderall but by far my favorite is LSD

Last edited by a moderator:
SWIM is prohibited on Bluelight. It doesnt protect you in any way and it just makes posts difficult to read.

ENTJ. And my DoC would probably have to be Armodafinil, all things considered. Stimulating without being speedy.

really? you like nuvigil? I was prescribed it for a while and it just felt like a really long lasting nicotine buzz, which is actually really uncomfortable and nauseating.

really? you like nuvigil? I was prescribed it for a while and it just felt like a really long lasting nicotine buzz, which is actually really uncomfortable and nauseating.

Yeah, I take it almost every day. It and selegiline keep me constantly quite above baseline on being alert/energetic without being too tweaked out, or having any comedown. I add in amphetamines, nicotine, etc on the occasions when I need to get to even higher levels of stimulation for doing lots of work.

I can do Nuvigil every day for two weeks straight sleeping 5 hours a night and have no rebound sleepiness or side effects. I like Dave Asprey's analogy of "like meth but clearner", plus it has good synergy with meth.

Honestly you get the point after a while where you look back and you're like "wow, being on this stuff makes normal look like a light dose of Seroquel+Klonopin"

I'm INTP/INFP (I have almost no difference between Thinking and Feeling so I could be either)

DMT fits me

Mushrooms... depends on the situation.

DMT was the first drug that I was ever interested in. I stumbled on Erowid when I was 16 or so and started reading up on everything and Ayahuasca was what stood out the most.

Ironically, Ayahuasca is one of the few things I HAVEN'T done. I smoked DMT though and it was wild to say the least.

Out of the list on the chart, alcohol and MDMA would be my favorites for just any day. I'm not much of one for tripping these days and I've never liked opiates and I've never seen any recreation in benzos, I'm currently tapering off of my Valium as a matter of fact and trying to go med free for my anxiety.

Interesting chart, thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
I am an INTP too, and it says DMT but I would have to disagree and say it is quite clearly alcohol!

Gimme that vagisil. lol...but as an ENTP, I'm also a fan of Adrafinil as well as Sulbutiamine. Also adderall but not really a fan of the crash.

ENFJ

Extravert(22%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(12%) Judging(22%)

Opiates, hands down

Fixed the coding so it didnt show %) as %)
-Seyer

Last edited by a moderator:
I am an INTP too, and it says DMT but I would have to disagree and say it is quite clearly alcohol!

I hate to admit it but alcohol really is my DoC... Its the only drug I've consistently gone back to besides cigarettes. I don't care for pot much at all and everything else is just too involved and not always socially acceptable plus alcohol is the best social lubricant for me - I find it hard to go out and socialize with a group of people I don't know unless I have a few. Or more than a few.

INTP and alcohol or benzos bcause I really havent tried anything else

I hate to admit it but alcohol really is my DoC... Its the only drug I've consistently gone back to besides cigarettes. I don't care for pot much at all and everything else is just too involved and not always socially acceptable plus alcohol is the best social lubricant for me - I find it hard to go out and socialize with a group of people I don't know unless I have a few. Or more than a few.

I feel exactly the same... but really cannot drink anymore cus I know what ends up happening when I do. To be honest I wonder if most people feel this way, I think I've met one person in my life who doesnt drink and isnt a 'recovering alcoholic' (I HATE that term).

ISTP here, can say with confidence k is among, if not my favorite drugs.

I'm an INFP and my drugs of choice deff are opiates or somekind of downer (I'll skip on them dissociatives tho) . Shrooms won't even come close to my liking I presume, I never tried them so i couldn't tell ofc but I tried some shroom like substances though so.. ( I've got to admit that i'll never say no to some shroomy type of chemical like 4-HO-MET because it just gave me the most universal feeling ever I litteraly said 'This tree is like, want to f*ucking hug me, I wish I could evaporate in it =D)
Ofc I know shrooms and 4-HO-MET are totally different compounds, but again I'm judging from my point of view in which i repeatedly heard people telling me a 4-HO-MET trip is somewhat (very) similar to a shroom trip.

But still.. according to my theory it isn't just that simple to link a personality to a drug of choice, for example genetics, age, your past and so on.. Interesting subject tho.

Last edited:
^Agreed, it's definitely impossible to select a single DOC (or even a drug-class) for a personality type because of the factors you mentioned. Still it's interesting to see what other people with the same MBTI's prefer IMO. (Or other MBTI's, but to a lesser degree. :p )

OT: I'm INFJ my reply to this used to say downers (opiates) iirc, but a year before that it'd been amphetamines. Now I just say poly. :|

^ U'r fav drug changes faster then i can say Roofie, Pill, so i could put you under all of those goodies ;)

Last edited:
I am an uber-self conscious, constantly paranoid/anxious chronic insomniac with a nervous stomach. Surprised to hear I chase the Opiates and Benzos?

As an INTP, drugs serve varied purposes:
(explanations in terms of cognitive functions, as that is how one actually engages the substance of the MBTI)

classical psychedelics: explosion of creative and abstract cognition, also breaking through my tendency toward disengagement with a world that seems flat and pointless. Ti launches in new directions, and Ne makes a surprise appearance.
stimulants: Ti sent into overdrive augments the rewards of my usual style of cognition, and I finally feel genuinely excited....I still fail to adeptly direct/organize the external, empirical world though. I sometimes wish I were prone to 'tweaker-clean'.
entactogens: magical! These unlock ability to actually read emotions via non-linguistic exchanges and also generate meaningful introspection into my emotions. Fe becomes competent, and Fi makes an appearance.
benzos or opioids: evaporation of anxiety effects motivation and comfort, socially and otherwise.
dissociatives: a mixed bag....cognitive dissociation facilitates ability to break out of the rigidity of the conceptual structures my Ti has built over the years. However, they can be annoyingly confusing and too emotionally flattening--I'm flat enough by default. Also, they exacerbate the somatic disconnection that I experience sober.

ebola