• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your MBTI (personality type) and your Drug of Choice.

jaurk

Bluelighter
Hey guys, I'm an IxTP.
Much more INTP.

I saw this picture on Reddit:
bJWW7.jpg

(This image is just a generalization, many variables here! Don't take it too seriously.
And the Extroverted part of the image has been mostly incorrect so far.)

I thought it was really interesting, of course this is just a generalization and isn't correct.
But it does offer some guidelines and a basis to start a thread on.

Please post your MBTI and your drug of choice, lets see what personality prefers what drug.

-------------------
Personality test here:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp
This is another version, more detail into your personality:
http://www.santafecoach.com/Ptest/the DLC ptest.htm

Just google your MBTI and read up on your selected personality, the test is more of a guideline but it does a good job.

Last edited:
I'm INTP no doubt.. But I love MDMA, even though I don't really use it much anymore, especially lately. I like D-amp as well.. I love shrooms. I don't necessarily think that a certain drug can be fitted to a certain personality. In some cases yes. But MDMA, makes my ”Introverted Intuition” more extroverted. Thus bringing out the ideas that are usually trapped in my head, which is an amazing feeling, D-amp can do it to a lesser extent. I think NP types get more out of drug experiences than SJ types though.

I got INFP and used to be ENFP. However, ive been an opiate addict for 10 years and like dissociatives alot. Ill do shrooms,but then again I'll do just about everything except alcohol, weed, and meth (I was addicted to all these before, dont like them anymore).

Im INFP heroin is definatly my DOC but I enjoy phycadelics MDMA, and I smoke weed everday. Its crazy to me how acurate the meyers brig test seems to be that shit has me pegged.

Wow this surprised me. I was not expecting them to match up!!

Test results: ENTJ

DOC: BY FAR Cocaine is my drug of choice!

^ I knew another ENTFJ BLer who certainly loved coke over everything else.

I typically test as an INFP but it's a poor fit because I'm more analytical and less um, pseudoscientific (into astrology, auras, etc.) then a lot of INFP's so I am sort of straddling the INTP/INFP line. Presently I am working for an environmental organization and have always been passionate about issues of social justice and sustainability so obviously I do have a great deal of that INFP ethos (or pathos? ;)) in me.

I used opioids for years and I find that as a whole idealist types (xNFx) tend to gravitate toward opioids because we tend to be more physically and emotionally sensitive and personally I used opioids therapeutically and recreationally for years. I also love cocaine and smoked pot daily for years but really don't like that one anymore.

I've studied addiction counseling for the last couple years formally and on my own have devoured everything I could on Myers-Briggs/Keirsey personality typology as well as the more formally recognized Five-Factor Model which has loads of crossover with the aforementioned four-factor models and will be the basis for personality disorder diagnostic criteria in the DSM-V that comes out next year. I am really hoping to utilize the factor model analyses of personality to better understand people as individuals and mold their addiction treatment more specifically to them in the field so I'm very excited by this thread. Cheers

ISFJ
I <3 stimulants. MDMA is my DOC. must be pure or with caffeine or GHB
second fave ... some kind of opiates, oxycodone I think it was :p
So it got my second fave
If I was more of an extorvert then I would have gotten MDMA. :p

ISTP and morphine was the first drug I ever got addicted too, I loved the high but all my friends thought the pills were crap. Interesting.

Also my drug of choice is (was) heroin

Last edited:
INFP, love me some dissociatives (ketamine out of the ones I've personally tried, though I feel it's not the best dissociative out there), and opioids (oxymorphone and methadone are my favorite opioids). I love psychedelics though, don't get me wrong. I've consumed many a gram of DMT, yumm...

^Im an INFP and i think the drug that goes along with that personality type from the chart is shrooms, if I am reading it correctly, not DMT.

yeah but I don't care what a stupid chart says. I just saying what I enjoy