Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Your favourite obscure film (that nobody else has even seen)

Belisarius said:
I haven't met anyone in person who has seen "Erik the Viking", which is one of my guilty pleasure movies.

"let's hack her to pieces!"

:D
oh man, it's been too long. must acquire copy.

drEaMtiMe*@# said:
i just saw orson welles' the trial last week, and i was pretty damn impressed by it. its very abstract, and thus a little confusing, but at the same time very humourous and clever and fantastically shot. there's this one shot in particular that i'd like to be able to pause, and frame on a wall. :)
This was great film to watch for a Kafka fan. But there's also a Steven Soderbergh film called Kafka, which is nearly impossible to find. It is not a great movie by any stretch, especially for someone who hasn't read any of the books. The plot essentially ties together little bits from many of the author's stories and biography. However, it is beautifully shot (1910s Prague in black and white) and puts together some great images for visualizing Kafka's stories. It was also one of Alec Guinness' last performances.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bf4QVM0RII

^I think I was a bit turned off to that movie.
My friends dad rented it when we were about 11, and made us watch it with him. And at the time, I thought it was the worst movie I'd ever seen in my life, which it was.

Revenge - Kevin Costner

I am surprised that a lot of people have never heard of this one. Costner falls in love with a drug lord's old lady, he catches them and puts her in a whorehouse and gets her hooked. Costner goes looking for her.

Excellent movie.

^I've always seen that movie at the video store and never rented it-I think I'll remember to now.
Although not really "obscure" for this post, it certainly is for kevin costner.

dshock said:
^I've always seen that movie at the video store and never rented it-I think I'll remember to now.
Although not really "obscure" for this post, it certainly is for kevin costner.

I was going with obscure 'cause no one has seen it that I know.

Le tme know if you see it. And if you liked it. You will not be disappointed.

'Nøgne træer, De' - Morten Henriksen

Not only m'ayy fav'rite
'obscure' film...
...but my fav'rite film...

The first time I saw it,
was 12 years ago,
I bein' 16...

...that day,
a bunch of younger kids
at m'ayy skool
gave me a bunch of Valium
to,
I dunno...
...impress us?

We took a bit at skool.

Then I went home,
my parents went out til' late,
I had a couplla beers
an' a few Valium.

Floatin' on a feelin' of
clarity
&
bliss,
I switch'd to
'The "WORLD" Channel'
(free-to-air-Aus-version [ SBS ] )

The Film

'The Naked Trees'

('Nøgne træer, De')
(1991)

A Danish film that won awards,
about a revolutionary group
in Denmark
durin' the WWII occupation
& the relationship that
develops between
the protagonist
& the groups leader's
wife...
...Gerda.

Seriously.

The best movie I've ever seen.

It won Danish film awards of some sort.

Problem was...
...I jus' watch'd it...
didn't get copy.

I wait'da year & a half
fo' a re-screenin',
then
my antennea
went out,
an' I have
one copy,
now in black 'n' white,
with subtitles,
on VHS.

An' no VHS player.

It's
got that
"infinitely gentle,
infinitely suffering
thing"

feel.

The soundtrack is also AMAZIN'.

I'll never forget that film.
I have the VHS copy.
I have no VCR.

If you can find it,
seriously watch it.

Hunt it down.

Anyone that can get me a copy -

I'll love you
&
work out some major thanks + cost.

PEACE
UnSquare
<3 :\ :)

The Liberal Media said:
"Samsara"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0196069/

The story of Tashi, a young Tibetan Buddhist monk, who renounces monastic life in favour of a relationship with a woman.
However as the story unfolds Tashi's life in the material world becomes increasingly complex and difficult.
The first ever film to be shot in Ladakh (Indian Himalayas) and a joy for anyone interested in Himalayan culture and religion. The photography of the extraordinary setting is moving, the soundtrack haunting, and the lead actors deeply touching in their portrayals. It took me a while to slow down and appreciate the rhythm of the film, as it is a meditation.
Samsara runs over two and a half hours.But there are not more than 100 words spoken in it.
The title "Samsara" refers to daily material existence, characterised by the passing of time experienced as the cycle of birth and death and opposite to the timeless spiritual state of "Nirvana" aspired to by Buddhists and Hindus.

It's not available on region 1 or region 2 , But it is in Austrailia and a few ebay stores have the hong kong region.

55.jpg

wow, i've never seen this, but it the very idea is astonishing. will track it down.

also, a film that i had always considered mainstream seems, in my experience, to have not been seen by many - disney's fantasia. it's a conceptual piece (really unlike any other disney film i've ever seen) based around some of the best classical music pieces ever written. basically it's disney artists going nuts with their visual interpretations of music. and it just rules. RULES.

oh, and dr. caligari is absolutely my *favourite* film ever, in terms of visuals. amazing amazing.

Turtles can Fly

An amazing Iranian film from the same director Bahman Ghobadi who did A time for Drunken horses.

This film moved me like no other ever ever has. Beautiful, soul wrenching.
070314071031Turtles%20HOME%20PAGE.jpg

screens_feature-37917.jpeg

And while im here

SOMERSAULT
My favourite film ever.
i <3 abbie cornish so bad.
This is a must see if you havent seen it.
somersault-8.jpg

somersault-poster-0.jpg

and one for the old times....
CARAVAN OF COURAGE
A Star wars ewoks spin off.
awesome.
1.jpg

"The Beast" Not sure how obscure it is, but most people I've asked never heard of it.

It's about a russian tank that gets lost in the afghan desert during the end of the russian invasion. Pretty political. It left quite an impact on me because it came on a movie chanel on 9/11 2001 at 3 am.. while I was tripping hardcore on some quality acid. I was just starting to come down when the planes hit. After all the afghan stuff came out afterwards, it blew my mind. weird shit ALWAYS happens when I'm tripping.

Edit- Found it on wiki! The Beast (also: The Beast of War) is a 1988 Columbia Pictures war film directed by Kevin Reynolds and based on a William Mastrosimone play entitled Nanawatai. The plot concerns a Soviet T-55 tank lost during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beast_%281988_film%29

Fail Category... Win Movie...

Also,
I jus' want'd to throw
in
'Lantana'....

...I was jus' wonderin' iffit got screenin'
outside Australia...

...InTense,
in that slow,
Aus', tense-buildin'-way...

...anyway...
...not obscure,
but I have
No Idea
how much exposure
peep's overseas have to
specific Australian Films.

Iffit helps,
it's got Vince Colosimo innit...

HARD
GREAT
PACED
PEACE
UnS
:)

Cannibal Holocaust.

Banned in over half the world when it came out, the director went to jail for making it.

Sick sick shit!