Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Your favourite obscure film (that nobody else has even seen)

DjIgnite

Bluelighter
Your fav movie that most people probably haven't seen

I'm always lookin for some small indies, maybe foreign films that have gone unnoticed... I'll sometimes come across a really good movie that gets almost no recognition. So here's a couple..

Swing Kids... I think it was made in the mid 90's, I've asked around and most people don't seem to know it.

Barbarian Invasion... It actually won some awards, but was still neglected by the general public for some reason. One of my favorite movies of all time, it just came out recently... maybe 2 years ago, it's a foreign film.

There's a new service out, where you can just download the movie and keep it for 30 days. Basically same shit as blockbuster, but you don't even have to get off your ass. the site is www.movielink.com you can use promo code GETINSPIRED to download a movie for 99 cents.

Udman said:

great movie from a great director.. his mom lives in the same building as me actually, so i see him all the time. got 3 films comin out this year, cant wait.

the machinist
hardly anyones seen this but everyone should. one of the most disturbing movies ever. watch it.

I dunno if people have seen it because it is foreign, but it was pretty popular for a while. A french film:

La Haine...

rollinginecstasy said:
the machinist
hardly anyones seen this but everyone should. one of the most disturbing movies ever. watch it.

ahh, i really wanted to see it. thats the one with christian bale, right?

DjIgnite said:
great movie from a great director.. his mom lives in the same building as me actually, so i see him all the time. got 3 films comin out this year, cant wait.

Did he end up having anything to do with the new batman movie?... I heard various things saying yes and no.

DarthGuru said:
I dunno if people have seen it because it is foreign, but it was pretty popular for a while. A french film:

La Haine...

La Haine is so badass! :)

Better Living Through Circuitry

Originally posted by DjIgnite ahh, i really wanted to see it. thats the one with christian bale, right?
yup. best role he's ever played. it (unfortunately) had a very limited release (played on one screen in las vegas), so you may have to look for it when its released on video. one of those rare movies that's still stuck in your head days after watching it.

rofl everyone and their freaking auntie has seen Pi.

Empire of the Sun is a great movie, i love john malkovich.

My personal fav is the "Toxic Avenger." Actually all three of them, but the first is the best. You have to be into indie horror movies to have seen it, becuase its certainly dissapeared from the mainstream movie world about as quickly as it was made. Shit looks like it was made with a home camera and some halloween make up kits bought at Wal Mart, but damn its the greatist movie ever. I know some of you BL horror nerds have to have seen this one. Any movie where a guy kills someone by turning them into an ice cream sundae is instantly a classic in my book.

fizzacyst said:
Did he end up having anything to do with the new batman movie?... I heard various things saying yes and no.

not sure, havent seen him in a very long time.. i doubt it though

crystalcallas said:
THe Motorcycle Diaries is ok.

the main character in that movie has actually made some other really good films.. one that sticks out in my mind is called Y tu mamá también, watch it.