Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Your favourite obscure film (that nobody else has even seen)

My favorite Klaus Kinski / Werner Herzog collaboration...
Aguirre05.jpg

I love Kinski....and this film showcases his incredible talent portraying a rebellious Spanish conquistador and his descent into madness perfectly. Took a few watches to really appreciate it and by the third time, I was mesmerized.

Gulliver's Travels

One of the few TV movies that is really good, imo. I have never met anyone that has seen it, but I think it is a really great epic fantasy, and well acted, by Ted Danson nonetheless!

Aw P, I appreciated Aguirre for cinematic value but didn't really enjoy the film as a whole. One of the few things we don't agree on. :) <3

Pennywise - I agree with Gulliver's Travels. I watched it when it aired originally as a kid. I was immersed in the story! Fucking awesome protrayl by Ted Danson (even though I hate him as a person and politically).

AmorRoark said:
Aw P, I appreciated Aguirre for cinematic value but didn't really enjoy the film as a whole. One of the few things we don't agree on. :) <3

tee hee thats okay luv :D I guess I enjoy and appreciate this movie more than others because Klaus wrote all about his experience in his autobiography Kinski Uncut, which I have read , oh well, only about ten times cover to cover =D

you know, i thought Pi was an obscure movie too, but almost everyone whom I ask has seen it. Prob. because it was directed by Aaronofski (sp?), who is so famous for Requiem For A Dream.

I find Herzog/Kinski films fascinating. For me, the intrigue comes more from learning about how each film was made, rather than the story itself. Watching "Burden of Dreams" and "My Best Friend" turn films like Fitzcarraldo and Aguirre into absolute must-see gems.

It also helps that Kinski was, literally, an utter psycho.

i know in the 'fav weird movie' i said 'Salò or the 120 Days of Sodom'

but i gotta dig in the archive n' bring out this gem from 1962... drum roll plz

422px-Angelexterminadore.jpg

After a lavish dinner party, the guests find themselves mysteriously unable to leave the room... and over the next few days all the elaborate pretenses and facades that they've built up by virtue of their position in society collapse completely as they become reduced to living like animals...

imdb

Man, it's hard to pick good movies that *nobody* has ever seen - there are some of us who aren't teenagers and spent too much time in repertoire theatres...

"Going down the road" and "The Rowdyman". Unless you're Canadian and remember Percy Saltzman - you won't have seen these. And these two are almost embarassingly Canadian...

"Don's Party" - Wonderful Aussie film before Aussie films became popular - a real time depiction of a wild house party in the 70s.

"Gregory's girl". A Scottish Napoleon Dynamite 25 years earlier - a bit dated but it's what I imagine Napoleon Dynamite will feel like in the year 2030...

"Plein soleil". So many great French films but this one seems to have been forgotten. Beautifully shot thriller (the gays and girls will love the sweaty Alain Delon) based upon the incredible Mr Ripley - which noone mentioned when the remake came out...

"Shinjû: Ten no amijima (Double suicide)". I never see this film mentioned along side the great Japanese films but it is an absolutely brilliant adaptation of a classic puppet melodrama.

"Gold Diggers of 1935". Had to include an older American film. This one just blew me away with the surreal dance numbers - it's amazing what you can do without CGI if you have enough starving dancers and roadies...

salvage.jpg

Not exactly my favorite unheard of movie,but it is one of the more interesting movies I've seen in a while. Here's an IMDB review.

What can you say about this movie? The main character is reliving the same day over and over. The problem is,she is brutally murdered at the end of the day,only to relive it all over again. I liked the plot and story very much and it was different to say the least and i didn't exactly know what was going on until the very end. I have read some of the other reader comments saying they didn't get it. Its not rocket science, you just have to pay attention to whats going on and you need to watch it until the end. Because if you didn't watch it until the end you won't understand it. I don't understand what there isn't to get? Anyway the acting was very good for such a low budget movie, the girl does a good job as the main character and i'd like to see her in other features as well but i doubt she'll get a lot of parts because she isn't Hollywood beautiful, but she is hot in her own way. The villain was good too he was believable. There wasn't a whole lot of gore in this one either, there were a couple of parts that made me squimish though. I'd say check it out, its a very solid rental to say the least.

SPOILER!
NSFW:
It has a pretty fucked up twist ending. You find out that the victim is actually the killer. He is in some kind of Hell and is suffering the fate of his victim,living as his victim,every day for all eternity.

IcebergSlim said:
After a lavish dinner party, the guests find themselves mysteriously unable to leave the room... and over the next few days all the elaborate pretenses and facades that they've built up by virtue of their position in society collapse completely as they become reduced to living like animals...

imdb
Nice pick.

I'll nominate The Innocents, and wonder if anybody else has seen it?

I haven't met anyone in person who has seen "Erik the Viking", which is one of my guilty pleasure movies.

a couple years ago at fantasia fest i saw Svetlonos (The Torch Bearer).

It was done by Václav Svankmajer, son of Jan - whom some of you probably know.

it's an incredible stop motion short about a knight making his way through a magic castle.

if like Brothers Quay etc, this will blow your mind! it's a good art film to watch on drugs as well.

has a meager 23 rates on imdb so i'm assuming it's redonkulousy obscure. /1337 :)

http://imdb.com/title/tt0490305/

torchbearer-706022.jpg