Status
Not open for further replies.
With ur feet in the air and ur head on the ground
try this trick and spin it, yeah

Your head will collapse
When there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself

Where is my mind?

I like totally posting song lyrics and the internet because. . . i am DEEEEEEEEPP manne lo;l jk

Good Idea DP, power of three-the magic number, nd all that!;)...and thanks so much for starting this off because I know many people(including myself) have mentioned to me, how much they love the fact it's on TDS. You have brought much freedom to those on TDS to express themselves, through the merit of wisdom they have gathered from meaningful words, in their life so far. <3

Well I'm glad I started something that is helping others, to be honest at the time I started it for self-reflection with hope of it growing, it did and I now study quotes for fun, and I tend to find the same meaning in the end -- some however are said with less words.

Basically the deepest of all quotes are those that use only a few words.

..."I couldn't have said it better myself."

By the way Asciepius thank you for the kind words, could really use them at the moment. I'm glad I've made a difference, and I hope you take a look at some of my other threads if you like the quote one.

-dp

Edit: Edit: damn I can't believe I forgot...

Kurt Cobain was born on February 20, 1967 - 1994

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

Kurt said it best. I don't want to be conditioned to believe I am a good person, I actually want to be a good person.

Last edited:
I know this sounds negative, but if you are a overachiever or a type A personallity that makes yourself crazy when you fail it actually helps to think this way. And keep in mind this is for someone who has given their all in the attempt.

If at first you don't succeed, fuck it, it probably wasn't meant to be.
~Tink

If I don't keep this in my head, then everytime I fall short of something after giving it my all, I will fall apart.

Pain is just a form of weakness leaving the body - unknown

Its simple but something I always keep in mind when coming off opiates. I'm not getting weaker because I feel pain, I'm actually getting stronger.

Its simple but something I always keep in mind when coming off opiates. I'm not getting weaker because I feel pain, I'm actually getting stronger.

Good Luck!!!

^
thats good Bo... ill be using this.
heh.

:|

" Alpha 60: Sometimes reality is too complex for oral communication. But legend embodies it in a form which enables it to spread all over the world. "

" Alpha 60: Once we know the number one, we believe that we know the number two, because one plus one equals two. We forget that first we must know the meaning of plus. "

" Alpha 60: What is your religion?
Lemmy Caution: I believe in the inspirations of conscience. "

" Lemmy Caution: Fuck yourself with your logic. "

"Natacha Von Braun: You're looking at me very strangely.
Lemmy Caution: Yes.
Natacha Von Braun: You're waiting for me to say something to you.
Lemmy Caution: Yes.
Natacha Von Braun: I don't know what to say. They're words I don't know. I wasn't taught them. Help me.
Lemmy Caution: Impossible. Help yourself; then you will be saved. If you don't, you're as lost as the dead of Alphaville.
Natacha Von Braun: I... you... love. I love you. "

" Lemmy Caution: Something's not in orbit in the capital of this Galaxy "

Quotations from Alphaville, there are more, but i couldn't find the actual quote, and want to paraphrase...
a Film by Jean-Luc Godard
based on a Poem by Paul Éluard : "Capitale de la douleur"

Last edited:
"You say no to life, therefore you are not living"

(I may have already posted that here...idr)

" This love between you and me is
simple as a song.

No mystery beyond the present; no striving for
the impossible; no
shadow behind the charm; no groping
in the depth of dark.

This love between you and me
is simple as a song.

We do not stray out of all words
into the ever silent; we do not raise our hands
to the void of things beyond hope.

It is enough what we give and get

We have not crushed the joy to the utmost to wring from it the wine of pain.

This love between you and me is as simple as a song. "

excerpted from The Gardnener - Rabindranath Tagore
a, very very long poem... 146 pages, with an "index of opening words" this is, the opening line where each 'lyric' starts, is cut off at a point, then combined with first line of the another lyric, to creat new poems..! so then there are so many pages of that as well. good stuff though -- interpreted from Mandarin i suppose, so some of its a bit odd.
heh

<3
:)

If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Wanta change the world?
There's nothing
To it

There is no
Life I know
To compare with
Pure imagination
Living there
You'll be free
If you truly
Wish to be...
~Pure Imagination, Willy Wonka

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
~A.Einstein

Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.

August Wilson (American Writer, 1945-2005)

;) <3

Last edited:
"Drugs will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no drugs" - The Freak Brothers.

Thought I'd add the quotes that started all of this since they still mean so much to me...

"You can't have a better tomorrow
If you are thinking about yesterday all the time."

"The light is always at the end of the tunnel, but not if you walk through it with your eyes closed."

And something new to add...

“A word to the wise is infuriating.” ~Hunter S. Thompson

-dp

I dont know what I've been told, you never slow down, you never grow old. I'm tired of screwing up, I;m tired of going down. I'm tired of myself, I'm tired of this town.

^
yes!

dude, he is amazing, so many of his religious/spiritual/deep rants id hear of his would seem to take the words out of my mouth.

i had an interview of him on art bells show, heh, it was 2.5 hours of, brilliance just coming and going on and on. he is amazing, i really wanted to see the guy, he was in my area not so long ago...
those tickets would of been worth it.
*NeKo
I dont know what I've been told, you never slow down, you never grow old.

isnt this the Dead, St Stephen.?

"... country garden in the wind and the rain."
;)

Last edited:
omg.
hah

yeah it is! i just listened to st stephen, the sentence structuring/lyric formula is near the same.
i must of paraphrased Toms lyrics into it.
interesting.

dont put off what you can do today till tomorrow
cuz if its fun today
you can do it again tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.