Your Favorite Quotes..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do anything long enough to escape the habit of living until the escape becomes the habit.
-David Ryan

This just hits me really hard. So true.

Argue with what is or what was and you will suffer, there is no other choice, no way around it. It's neither good nor bad, it just is.

Adyashanti (from Falling into Grace: the end of suffering)

He differentiates between pain and suffering...pain being an emotional response to the moment, suffering being the story we get caught up in, the beliefs about the way things should be, that the past shouldn't have been or that this moment shouldn't be this way...

two thirds of all the pain and suffering is self infliced, and avoidable. The rest is a unavoidable part of the human condition, part of existing withing the framework of nature, and a biological creature.

heavily paraphrased from memory, cant find the original text/author. I want to say it was carl sagan, but couldn't find anything with google.

Just reminds me of some parts of christian science, buddhism, taoism, etc religious philosophies that think the mind is such a incredible force at play in how we percieve what is happening to us, our bodys, out minds, and the world at large. Now that i think of it, i think i heard that one from pope bob "robert anton wilson" paraphrasing someone else.

Seems legit to me.

Love will come out of the blue
And it's never what you think it is
And even if it really is
It ain't gonna hurt to wait

Steve Azar - "Take Your Time"
(I know this isn't the song lyrics thread but I couldn't help but post that)

And as we sat there listening to the carolers,

I wanted to tell Brian it was over now and everything would be okay.

But that was a lie, plus, I couldn't speak anyway.

I wish there was some way for us to go back and undo the past.

But there wasn't.

There was nothing we could do.

So I just stayed silent and trying to telepathically communicate...

how sorry I was about what had happened.

And I thought of all the grief and sadness...

and fucked up suffering in the world...

and it made me want to escape.

I wished with all my heart that we could just...

Leave this world behind.

Rise like two angels in the night and magically...

disappear.

This is how I have felt, every day, for what seems like forever.

Persistence is probably the single most common quality of high achievers. They simply refuse to give up. The longer you hang in there, the greater the chance that something will happen in your favor. No matter how hard it seems, the longer you persist the more likely your success.

~Jack Canfield

^Always loved that one. It's so true. It's been awesome seeing you posting here more lately, OD. :)

Maybe the fear is that
we are less than
we think we are,
when the
actuality of it
is that we are much much more.

~Jon Kabat-Zinn

You better be careful.

Of what?​

I'm serious, Eric.

You're not in Modesto anymore.

I see the way you look at him.

He's so beautiful.

I can't help it.

He's like a god.
You don't have to tell me, l was infatuated with him too once.

But I know all Neil's secrets and there's shit there...

you don't even want to know about.

Trust me.

Once I'm gone, you'll be all Neil has...

and you have to understand one thing.

Where normal people have a heart,

Neil McCormick's has a bottomless black hole.

And if you don't watch out, you can fall in and get lost forever.

Another one of my favorite quotes from this incredibly depressing movie.

...and I'll add one that I came up with myself:

Clothes are for people with something to hide.

You've got to get away from drugs as escapism. There's nothing you need to run away from yourself as a human being. Quite the opposite. Learn to love thyself and all will be fine.

John Lydon

“We can’t escape pain; we can’t escape the essential nature of our lives. But we do have a choice. We can give in and relent, or we can fight, persevere, and create a life worth living, a noble life. Pain is a fact; our evaluation of it is a choice.” ~ Jacob Held

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.
— Alexander Graham Bell

If I wasn't queer we would have ended up having...

sloppy teenage sex and getting pregnant...

contributing more fucked up, unwanted kids to society.

But instead, she became my soul mate.

And...one true partner in crime.

another quote from Mysterious Skin.

Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the judgement that something else is more important than fear

Alternatively

Bravery is not the absence of fear but the choice to act despite fear.

You think you're blood to me, and I think you're fucking wrong. Cause you've crossed the line one last time, and I'm going through you if I can't get over you..

“We can’t escape pain; we can’t escape the essential nature of our lives. But we do have a choice. We can give in and relent, or we can fight, persevere, and create a life worth living, a noble life. Pain is a fact; our evaluation of it is a choice.” ~ Jacob Held

This reminds me of : "Pain is inevitable; Suffering is optional" - Buddhist Proverb

I love that one.... I use it a bit ;)

A few months ago I was watching this video on MDMA therapy for PTSD/Veterans, one man was quoted to have said :
"When you learn to forgive, you realize there is nothing to forget"

That really struck me. It's stuck with me for, well, months! :)
Pretty powerful lesson that seems like common sense, and is really what The Dark Side is all about, imo.
Learning to accept the dark times, knowing that they serve a purpose and it's okay to have pain we just need to learn from it. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.