TDS Your Favorite Quotes; Vs "I Have a Dream"

Yes, it's what we choose to DO with the abilities we have

"Life has many ways of testing a person's will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once." = Paulo Coelho

Man-i-want-happiness.jpg

It's a fake, but an interesting play on words none the less.

Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.

― Nelson Mandela

^^^^^^

Wow, love that one. By those standards I'm doing pretty fucking good. On a similar note:

tumblr_mj39eqJ7in1qcgr7io1_r1_500.jpg

....and I think this is one anyone can learn from:
large.jpg

"A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong" - Unknown

^true..

“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”

“It always seems impossible until it’s done.”

“To believe a thing impossible is to make it so.” - French Proverb

“Sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” -

When Whitman wrote, “I sing the body electric”

I know what he
meant
I know what he
wanted:

to be completely alive every moment
in spite of the inevitable.

we can’t cheat death but we can make it
work so hard
that when it does take
us

it will have known a victory just as
perfect as
ours.

Charles Bukowski

The war on drugs is sustained by a circular logic in which the damage generated by this policy is attributed instead to drug-related activities in order to justify it, a perverse inference that generates never-ending violence.

~Ricardo Salinas

If you always put a limit on everything you do physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.

- Bruce Lee

have a look at this sunshine - some gronk or was he? ----it "was he"

Last edited:
The past is not simply the past, but a
prism through which the subject
filters their own changing self-image.
― Doris Kearns Goodwin

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go where there is no path...and leave a trail."

- Fortune cookie

Nice ^

As Krishnamurti said, " Truth is a pathless land " :)

Krishnamurti was a wise man..;)

I think it is still Nelson Mandela Day..

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.

- Nelson Mandela

jf9f2h0.jpg

Last edited:
"Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with with your self-esteem. They're no good at all." - Kurt Cobain
I should really take that advice.

“If there were no eternal consciousness in a man, if at the bottom of everything there were only a wild ferment, a power that twisting in dark passions produced everything great or inconsequential; if an unfathomable, insatiable emptiness lay hid beneath everything, what would life be but despair?”

^^^Love it.

(When discussing true desire as opposed to chasing money and not truly living how we would like to. And raising our children to do the same. The entire speech is called "What do you desire?)

"See what we are doing, is we’re bringing up children and educating them to live the same sort of lifes we are living. In order that they may justify themselves and find satisfaction in life by bringing up their children to bring up their children to do the same thing, so it’s all retch, and no vomit. It never gets there"

And so, therefore, it’s so important
to consider this question: What do I desire?

Alan Watts