GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Your Dream Sports Career and Why???

bluerob

Bluelighter
My dream Sports career would be -

Proffessional Poker Star

Why -

Its my favourite hobby/game. The rush of winning those big hands would be the best natural Rush for me.

The unpredictablility of the game always keep me on my toes, uses more intelligence than physical.

Travel the world and when not playing tourneys can enjoy the sights and have a nice holiday.

A sport/game that it doesn't matter if you drink or take drugs or whatever you life outside the game is like.

Coolness rating a good 8 out of ten.

So what's yours and why???

I have played enough sports in college and high school to know that I wouldn't want to be a professional athlete. it's all great to play, but I love being a spectator. I love watching sports, talking, sports, and most importantly writing sports. so my sports dream job would to be an on-air personality for professional football. nobody gets as excited as me for even the meaningless games, and I think it would shine through on television.

hey, if Merril Hoge can do it - I think I can too?

England test match opening bowler. Famous for my deadly swing and speed.

Oh and why.. because I love zoning out when I'm running into bowl when they still have 6 wickets left to score only 100 runs, and it would just be amazing to have everyone watching you, hearts in their mouth, as you drop each wicket one by one and win the Ashes for England.

Last edited:
pro Quake Live player.

mid air rockets/rails to face = cream in my pants feels good.

i'd like to be a famous soccer goalkeep because a) i was good at it, b) it means getting paid a lot to stand around a fair bit, and c) they're rarely faulted for letting in a good shot or two. it's always the fault of the rest of the team for failing to put enough goals into the opposing net :)

^^^^^^^^^^

I'd love to start at striker for Juventus, and then fake out your team's entire midfield and defense a la Pele or pre-fat-Maradonna, then draw you out of your net and score a goal on you Beckenbaeur style, with the outside of my foot, with you guessing I was going the other way.

And it would be a win-win - as you noted, the rest of your team would be faulted for being defeated by me singlehandedly 1-0.

Peace, Fellow Lover Of The Beautiful Game,

LL <3

I'm pretty sure being Sharapova's panties would be quite the "active" career...

I love baseball. I was fairly decent when I was younger. I just really hate professional baseball though. The lack of a salary cap just makes me sick to my stomach. 10 years, 1/4 of a billion dollars to one player...wow. I guess the perfect sports career for me would be College basketball coach. For me, that's as exciting as it gets. The thrill of just watching is amazing. Think about how it would feel to be one of the deciding factors in the outcome of the game, without playing.

....it would just be amazing to have everyone watching you, hearts in their mouth, as you drop each wicket one by one and win the Ashes for England.

I thought this was supposed to be about a persons dream, not some science fiction novel ;)

Personally having played rugby professionally I do not miss the ice packs, gobbling anti inflammatory's like M&M's or hobbling for 2-3 days to recover.

I would love to be a professional surfer. Not one on the world tour but a Free surfer who is sponsored solely for the camera's. Flying from one tropical break to another then living on beach close to some pristine break with no other surfer apart from your buddies for thousands of kilometers having no pressure to score points but instead just having to cut sick on celluloid <3

i began gymnastics when i was three and pretty much the only i ever wanted to do was become an olympic gymnast.
:!

Football. But now thats over, im shooting for a rap career.

pacman2.jpg

No but seriously a quarter back(naturally)

or a host of sportscenter

mine would be bass masters (pro fishing)

or espn analysis would be tight too, since its all i watch!

PGA Tour.
I want to be just good enough to make good money and play golf everyday, but never get any air time on TV.

I often consider how amazing it would be to play football professionally. With my stats I think I could do well especially if I juiced up and got insane with it. I'm at 6'4" and 265 lbs solid as fuck right now (low teens body fat). Dunno if I'd rather be offense or defense. I'd just want to smash people. :D

PGA Tour.
I want to be just good enough to make good money and play golf everyday, but never get any air time on TV.

Professional golf is the way to go if you're really good. Minimal chance of injury; can play for your entire life; solid endorsements. Never be as famous as a great football or basketball player, but I'll trade that in for a longer professional shelf life. Baseball comes in second for me for the same reason.