• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

young people leaving religion (yayyy)

do you also believe north korea that they're "democratic"? their worship of their dead leader is very well known. he is their "eternal leader", and their political ethos is now their religion. it is anything but a free, secular society.

my point was that stalin did not kill all those millions of people in the name of atheism... you seemed to have scooted right past that point.

why would it? secular nations and states are better places to live, religious... worse. plain, simple, uncomplicated.

made a secular nation. this is not really disputed by anyone who knows what they're talking about, only religious people that want to hijack the country and turn it into their own religious state (i will fight these evil people).

look at the " no religious test" clause of article vi of the constitution, and look at the establishment clause of the first amendment.

that's just plain old wrong.

thomas jefferson:
why would it? secular nations and states are better places to live, religious... worse. plain, simple, uncomplicated.
That’s why all these Christian countries are so horrible and muslim and atheistic regimes are so great. And why the west keeps getting less totalitarian as it becomes less Christian. All these compassionate societies built on Christianity, using Christian jurisprudence.

Yeah the idea that we are supposed to protect government from religion is a relatively new notion. In fact, we can’t even have a religious test for holding office. Most religious person ever can hold one, including a preacher

do you also believe north korea that they're "democratic"? their worship of their dead leader is very well known. he is their "eternal leader", and their political ethos is now their religion. it is anything but a free, secular society.

my point was that stalin did not kill all those millions of people in the name of atheism... you seemed to have scooted right past that point.

made a secular nation. this is not really disputed by anyone who knows what they're talking about, only religious people that want to hijack the country and turn it into their own theocracy (i will fight these evil people).

look at the " no religious test" clause of article vi of the constitution, and look at the establishment clause of the first amendment.

that's just plain old wrong.

thomas jefferson:
And where in that jefferson quote is the notion of protecting government from religion? Btw, out of the hundreds probably thousands of pages of writing on this by the founders, that one line about wall is the most extreme line by the most extreme founder. I would even say a bit sloppy given the rest of the quote and of his writings. Yet that one line which is not in any of the founding documents is memorized by everyone. Interesting that the founders swore everyone in and George Washington’s big regret wasn’t getting a bible in every soldiers hands. Never hear any of his views about it. Nor hancock’s. Etc etc etc. We are raised in a bubble. Break out of it.

Plus I'm blond hair and blue eyes. Doesn't mean shit. Means that I'm fearfully and wonderfully made. F you Nazis.
Someone who clearly has NO Idea about the History of Syria as one small example.
You have no place to talk about "Jesus" or Religion, did you know in India they have more evidence than you can pull up to SHOW "Jesus" was actually a Nath Yogi? Yeah digest that one for a moment ;)

I don't think this is a particularly good thing. Research has tended to demonstrate that people with low empathy, broken people, narcissists/sociopaths/ASPDs - for example - are often very prone to believing in God or other supernatural forces. When there's nothing else to constrain their more malignant and selfish impulses, believing that there are supernatural or afterlife consequences probably plays a significant role in tempering that behavior. Strip that constraint away from them, them why not just push things as far as you can take them?
Define this word "God" for me please.

I'm not being an Arse but way too many people have a Tag upon this word called "God" which is usually some Man sitting in the sky, big beard, wearing white robes who will burn you for all time in Hell if you are queer, steal, eat some kinda foods etc..........
To me "God" in a way is "The Tao" this "God" is there when you smoke N, N DMT, "God" is there when you do long Mantra meditation chants, "God" is there in the smile of your Dog when it jumps into your lap for a fuss & it looks you in the eye & smiles, "God" is in the cup of Coffee, "God" is the wind, the Sun............

God is even in the litre of piss you flush down the toilet at 5am after drinking way too much Cider a few hours before.

Glamourizing dead leaders-that is not a religion...u ain"t got church structure or elaborate cult.Communistic party members are not priests...U can be lost and sick(or awaken and healthy) in secular or religious society.its not about country.....but to u.America is not a good example for me for healthy democratic society.....i doubt there is on earth such place even.World would go in a new phase it seems,if it would sucseed to escape from full scale war&nuclear annihilation...can not see bright future on the horizont

Last edited:
Starting in the 60's, more and more parents told their children that what they believed was a personal choice. I raised my daughter in the church but told her that her beliefs were her own business. I was just making sure she had that as an option and sought a higher consciousness in general. Young people have been leaving the church in droves for years. The real question is how many come back, and to what church.

Something that is very clear is that the traditional organized religions are dying. The more modern churches in their beliefs and the large auditorium type churches are the future of Christianity, The old school, ossified, churches are dying. which is why they are trying to hang on by forcing their tenets on others with our government.

The real question is how many come back, and to what church.
This!!!!
Something that is very clear is that the traditional organized religions are dying. The more modern churches in their beliefs and the large auditorium type churches are the future of Christianity, The old school, ossified, churches are dying. which is why they are trying to hang on by forcing their tenets on others with our government.
No, the Future of that Faith is in the Revival Scene though that word is so dirty these days, Leonard Ravenhill is the only "Christian" I have ever heard that I agree with 100%.

gen z is leaving church.

do you think it's because they're now more forthcoming because they don't fear being an outcast? (and don't fear being put to death as an apostate, in most countries at least)

because of the internet as a quick and easy information network? popular influencers?

maybe it's because of the extreme examples of painfully evangelical politicians, hmm?

AMAZING news! This makes me so happy.
I'd say millenials are/were the same too.

There is not no place for religion/the church in the modern world. We need to leave all of that ignorant, oppressive, superstition in the past where it belongs.
It is a good sign that every generation has been significantly less religion than the one before it for multiple generations now.

you can believe in god without organized religion

THIS!!! THIS SO MUCH!!!

I've often said I'm not only an atheist but an antitheist (I'm completely against all organised religion and think it is the root of so much evil)...however, ORGANIZED RELIGION is the key bit there. I personally don't believe in anything like a higher power, but if someone DOES and that brings them some sort of comfort or makes them strive to be a better person, good for them, I think that's awesome.

THIS!!! THIS SO MUCH!!!

I've often said I'm not only an atheist but an antitheist (I'm completely against all organised religion and think it is the root of so much evil)...however, ORGANIZED RELIGION is the key bit there. I personally don't believe in anything like a higher power, but if someone DOES and that brings them some sort of comfort or makes them strive to be a better person, good for them, I think that's awesome.
Organized religion does good as well. It started out great and then evolved into a corrupt bureaucracy. Much like America.

Starting in the 60's, more and more parents told their children that what they believed was a personal choice. I raised my daughter in the church but told her that her beliefs were her own business. I was just making sure she had that as an option and sought a higher consciousness in general. Young people have been leaving the church in droves for years. The real question is how many come back, and to what church.

ha man...The world is dying....not only churches.It supossed to be that way.It will be long lasting agony...."birth pains"...before the End comes

Someone who clearly has NO Idea about the History of Syria as one small example.
You have no place to talk about "Jesus" or Religion, did you know in India they have more evidence than you can pull up to SHOW "Jesus" was actually a Nath Yogi? Yeah digest that one for a moment ;)
Actually this is better (and shorter) for giving you a sense of the sheer volume of lies in many of those videos? I mean like, just lie.

@sonicwhite

It is a good sign that every generation has been significantly less religion than the one before it for multiple generations now.
So this goes for the whole Planet? From West America right across to East Australia this holds True?.....NO it's the words of a Fool.

You would BREAK down in Fear, drop to your knees & CRY like a Baby if "God" came down to you I Swear that.

I kind of agree with this guy in parts, I much prefer this video to the more short one.
When it comes to "God" & Religion I can listen to people speak all day as long at they actually have Facts, this guy knows what his on about I have to admit but I personally disagree with him in parts.

I just wanted to add the Sanskrit language has been spoken since 5,000 years before Christ & also Hebrew is the language falling under the Semitic branch of the Sami-Hami language-family. The Hebrew language is about 3000 years old. It is currently the official language of Israel, after its extinction, the Israeli people revived it.