• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

You Might Be A Junkie If... v. Oops, I nodded with the needle still in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the staff at the needle exchange know you by name.

When you have a "favourite vein".

When you spend more time on the toilet shooting up than you do shitting.

When you lose your favorite veins and keep trying not noticing that the blood inside has already coagulated. I still have nightmares about this.

When u explain to ER doctor that the abscess is from a guitar string poking your arm :)

When you forget what the question is (say again?) more frequently than you'd wish.

Last edited:
When you own more dirty syringes than clean ones.

When your carpet is covered with empty hydromorphone capsules

When you still instinctively pick up said capsules and shake em to listen for any beads, even though you know in your heart that it is empty..... why they don't get thrown away is a mystery!

When you still instinctively pick up said capsules and shake em to listen for any beads, even though you know in your heart that it is empty..... why they don't get thrown away is a mystery!

This times 1000! I am so glad I am on suboxone right now. I really don't miss the high at all, I am putting in so much effort not to go back there. Hydromorph was insanely cheap for me but my tolerance was ridiculous. I still have sort of bitter sweet memories of that period but am working hard to reconfuckulate myself so that when I am off of suboxone and truly sober, I don't have to be scared of going back to that.

When it seems we are trapped in our own minds. We can see the way out but we can't move.
When we realize these things and say it must be something else because I've tried so it's not me.

When you've read the same IV trip reports 200 times and start to get mini rushes just thinking about IV'ing speed.

Or when you check the tracking from the post office 10 times an hour every day until the package shows up. So painful waiting a full week for a package of highly addictive speed that you tend to IV even though you would rather not.

Or when every order is the last one until you make up some excuse to order again then wish you didn't order it until a few days before when the package is close.

When your dealer dies and all you can think is, " damnit, he had the best prices."

The impersonal dealer relationships are the best ones.

Do people often actually nod out "with the needle still in"? Have joked about that with other people before but I've never actually experienced that. Maybe I just didn't get that far into the shit.

People die with the needle still in...

My wife had a good friend die that way years ago, no one had a clue she even used. Turns out she was one of like 15 people in the area who died in one weekend because the dope they did was almost pure and of course, they had no way of knowing. She had actually gone to work early at the vets office and was found in the bathroom by co-workers later that morning. What a fucking drag!!

When you the only thing you can think of is your next dose.
When you think there's no way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.