Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Yohimbe 2000mg + others - Never Taken Before - Allergic Reaction

heavening

Bluelighter
sorry this is long as shit, nobody has to read this/feel free to skim but i wanted to share this.

today i got my 60ct bottle of Yohimbe capsules. im 185 or so LBs, 21, FtM/genderqueer trans guy, not on testosterone, 5'4.

my long-distance boyfriend is visiting right now, and i had been reading up on yohimbe for sexual reasons. TMI, but while we have great sex despite the fact ive never really cum from him despite meeting up 9 times now , and the fact he can suffer mild ED at times, made me want to try out yohimbe for our sex life. i thought it would be super awesome and we'd have crazy sex, but that did NOT happen.

i got home from a lake boardwalk + walmart run around 4:30 pm or so with my boyfriend, and the capsules had arrived. as soon as i got downstairs, i popped 2, then gave my boyfriend too. for reference hes around 230 lbs, 6'1, 24 and is a cis man.

the capsules were 1000 mg each, with a serving size of 2 capsules. i did not know how many of the yohimbine alkaloids were within it.

we shortly had sex after that, but TMI again, but he kept going soft and i didnt feel much. we ended up just using our respective hands on ourselves.

i had gotten called in to work a 3 hour shift at my job and help my coworker close as another coworker called out. hey, its easy money, so i went about an hour or so after we had sex. he did not feel much at all though.

however, when i got there i started to notice drastic effects.
i managed to get thru the shift, but i started getting anxious and feeling weird. i managed to help out customers (on register most of the time, we didnt have anything to stock tonight or anything so i just rang up people and organized a tiny bit.)

my hands were trembling reaal bad, to the point where grabbing change was an embarrassing and longer than usual task. my cig during my smoke break tasted grosser and made me feel sick. i didnt know anything after this oaragraph was gonna happen, so i bought a 96mg mountain dew fruit punch kickstart.

i started feeling really fucking weird. i havent had serious anxiety in a Longass time because im on 20mg abilify, and taking NAC and vitamin D recently for weeks and its been helping my ocd and anxiety a lott.

i started feeling nauseous as hell, and when i smoked a second cig abt an hour or i almost puked everywhere. this does not happen much as normal as i have a huge nic tolerance.

walking around made me feel less anxious but i could not control my body temperature. id feel super sweaty then super cold as the store is air conditioned, while when i took my smoke breaks it was around 80F with hella humidity.

around 20 mins before i was set to leave (10:30 PM) i was so nauseous i couldnt take it and vomited in the toilet on purpose. Tmi but whenever i retched i felt like my eyeballs were gonna pop out and a blood vessel was gonna burst.

i get home, and am sweating my ass off. i strip down to just my underwear (yes i have tits but my bf is cool w me being nonchalantly naked.) and socks, lay down and then took a coldass shower but the cold felt worse after. after getting out i took 2 25mg of delta 9 thc gummies and gave my bf one. however i started feeling Horrible after a few minutes and sweating horribly and cold, and noticed a pins and needles feeling in the shower when i rubbed my hand over my chest between my chesticles, very weird and bad. my face was beyond red and flushed. i tell my mom about my symptoms and she says im burning up, and my chest is (wearing a shirt i cut to be more "open shoulder" sleeved) red as fuck. and my pupils are dilated.

i feel HORRIBLE and she suggests we go to the emergency room. we almost did , but put the pieces together and realized these werent normal reactions, but an allergic one, and benadryl would help out w that. i was freaking out thinking i was gonna die. the gummies hadnt kicked in yet. she suggests i take benadryl as she had an insane allergic reaction once from shots from reducing allergies and took a bunch of liquid benadryl and slept. i took 6 benadryl , 4 whole 2 cut in half. i tried to eat but felt very nauseous and couldnt finish my late dinner. the benadryl kicked in relatively quickly, and i sat on the couch under a blanket (despite freezing and sweating like literally dripping w sweat from my chest + stomach + back) w a cold washcloth on my forehead. my edible and benadryl had kicked in sometime around this.

im fine now!! i found out my chest was red and felt like that from FUCKING HIVES. we watched the mario movie with my mom whike i sipped an 8% tallboy drink and feel so much better now.

but im EXTREMELY SHOCKED by this, as i have 0 known allergies at ALL. and have been under the impression for 21 years i did not have any. so.

yea be careful w yohimbe guys. this is an extremely rare case but i figured id document it, since i didnt see anything like this except a mayoclinic or webmd thing on google.

thanks if you read this far. sorry im so wordsy LOL i love overexplainiing btw this happened all today/tonight.

sorry this is long as shit, nobody has to read this/feel free to skim but i wanted to share this.

today i got my 60ct bottle of Yohimbe capsules. im 185 or so LBs, 21, FtM/genderqueer trans guy, not on testosterone, 5'4.

my long-distance boyfriend is visiting right now, and i had been reading up on yohimbe for sexual reasons. TMI, but while we have great sex despite the fact ive never really cum from him despite meeting up 9 times now , and the fact he can suffer mild ED at times, made me want to try out yohimbe for our sex life. i thought it would be super awesome and we'd have crazy sex, but that did NOT happen.

i got home from a lake boardwalk + walmart run around 4:30 pm or so with my boyfriend, and the capsules had arrived. as soon as i got downstairs, i popped 2, then gave my boyfriend too. for reference hes around 230 lbs, 6'1, 24 and is a cis man.

the capsules were 1000 mg each, with a serving size of 2 capsules. i did not know how many of the yohimbine alkaloids were within it.

we shortly had sex after that, but TMI again, but he kept going soft and i didnt feel much. we ended up just using our respective hands on ourselves.

i had gotten called in to work a 3 hour shift at my job and help my coworker close as another coworker called out. hey, its easy money, so i went about an hour or so after we had sex. he did not feel much at all though.

however, when i got there i started to notice drastic effects.
i managed to get thru the shift, but i started getting anxious and feeling weird. i managed to help out customers (on register most of the time, we didnt have anything to stock tonight or anything so i just rang up people and organized a tiny bit.)

my hands were trembling reaal bad, to the point where grabbing change was an embarrassing and longer than usual task. my cig during my smoke break tasted grosser and made me feel sick. i didnt know anything after this oaragraph was gonna happen, so i bought a 96mg mountain dew fruit punch kickstart.

i started feeling really fucking weird. i havent had serious anxiety in a Longass time because im on 20mg abilify, and taking NAC and vitamin D recently for weeks and its been helping my ocd and anxiety a lott.

i started feeling nauseous as hell, and when i smoked a second cig abt an hour or i almost puked everywhere. this does not happen much as normal as i have a huge nic tolerance.

walking around made me feel less anxious but i could not control my body temperature. id feel super sweaty then super cold as the store is air conditioned, while when i took my smoke breaks it was around 80F with hella humidity.

around 20 mins before i was set to leave (10:30 PM) i was so nauseous i couldnt take it and vomited in the toilet on purpose. Tmi but whenever i retched i felt like my eyeballs were gonna pop out and a blood vessel was gonna burst.

i get home, and am sweating my ass off. i strip down to just my underwear (yes i have tits but my bf is cool w me being nonchalantly naked.) and socks, lay down and then took a coldass shower but the cold felt worse after. after getting out i took 2 25mg of delta 9 thc gummies and gave my bf one. however i started feeling Horrible after a few minutes and sweating horribly and cold, and noticed a pins and needles feeling in the shower when i rubbed my hand over my chest between my chesticles, very weird and bad. my face was beyond red and flushed. i tell my mom about my symptoms and she says im burning up, and my chest is (wearing a shirt i cut to be more "open shoulder" sleeved) red as fuck. and my pupils are dilated.

i feel HORRIBLE and she suggests we go to the emergency room. we almost did , but put the pieces together and realized these werent normal reactions, but an allergic one, and benadryl would help out w that. i was freaking out thinking i was gonna die. the gummies hadnt kicked in yet. she suggests i take benadryl as she had an insane allergic reaction once from shots from reducing allergies and took a bunch of liquid benadryl and slept. i took 6 benadryl , 4 whole 2 cut in half. i tried to eat but felt very nauseous and couldnt finish my late dinner. the benadryl kicked in relatively quickly, and i sat on the couch under a blanket (despite freezing and sweating like literally dripping w sweat from my chest + stomach + back) w a cold washcloth on my forehead. my edible and benadryl had kicked in sometime around this.

im fine now!! i found out my chest was red and felt like that from FUCKING HIVES. we watched the mario movie with my mom whike i sipped an 8% tallboy drink and feel so much better now.

but im EXTREMELY SHOCKED by this, as i have 0 known allergies at ALL. and have been under the impression for 21 years i did not have any. so.

yea be careful w yohimbe guys. this is an extremely rare case but i figured id document it, since i didnt see anything like this except a mayoclinic or webmd thing on google.

thanks if you read this far. sorry im so wordsy LOL i love overexplainiing btw this happened all today/tonight.
Holy shit I'm glad you're alright. According to Wikipedia,

"Yohimbine has high affinity for the α2-adrenergic receptor, moderate affinity for the α1 receptor, 5-HT1A, 5-HT1B, 5-HT1D, 5-HT1F, 5-HT2B, and dopamine D2 receptors, and weak affinity for the 5-HT1E, 5-HT2A, 5-HT5A, 5-HT7, and dopamine D3 receptors. It behaves as an antagonist at α1-adrenergic, α2-adrenergic, 5-HT1B, 5-HT1D, 5-HT2A, 5-HT2B, and dopamine D2, and as a partial agonist at 5-HT1A. Yohimbine interacts with serotonin and dopamine receptors in high concentrations."

That's a fuck lot of different parts of the brain in an awkward way. I could imagine if you accidentally took too much, it could be uncomfortable.

Unfortunate, but yeah maybe just an allergic reaction, mildly. If the rash doesn't go away I'd be more concerned.

Glad you're alright dude, enjoy that tall boy.

Could be the interaction with the Abilify for sure.

Holy shit I'm glad you're alright. According to Wikipedia,

"Yohimbine has high affinity for the α2-adrenergic receptor, moderate affinity for the α1 receptor, 5-HT1A, 5-HT1B, 5-HT1D, 5-HT1F, 5-HT2B, and dopamine D2 receptors, and weak affinity for the 5-HT1E, 5-HT2A, 5-HT5A, 5-HT7, and dopamine D3 receptors. It behaves as an antagonist at α1-adrenergic, α2-adrenergic, 5-HT1B, 5-HT1D, 5-HT2A, 5-HT2B, and dopamine D2, and as a partial agonist at 5-HT1A. Yohimbine interacts with serotonin and dopamine receptors in high concentrations."

That's a fuck lot of different parts of the brain in an awkward way. I could imagine if you accidentally took too much, it could be uncomfortable.

Unfortunate, but yeah maybe just an allergic reaction, mildly. If the rash doesn't go away I'd be more concerned.

Glad you're alright dude, enjoy that tall boy.
jesus thats a lot of receptors. the rash went away 🫶 and i feel just a bit nauseous and shaky now. and tysm!!! <3

I don't know about the rash, but the rest of your symptoms aren't that unusual for Yohimbe. It's a weird drug, if your feeling weak or under the weather at all, you can get the shakes and feel dizzy/sick/nauseous. The old legal high books even said to only take Yohimbe if you are feeling robust and healthy. I think dosage can also bite you and that you can just get sick on it, period, even heading in feeling vigorous. I've felt a lot of what you described from Yohimbe a few times. (minus the rash) So have other people I have given it to.

Yohimbe also seriously does not play well with other stimulants, even too much caffeine. Pot seems to be the best antidote.

As is so often the case with something which can cause bad effects sometimes, one answer is to stick to low doses. It can be lots of fun with a partner and some reefer. Not just erections, but sexy shivers and such. You do have to be careful, those sexy shivers can be the shakes.

jesus thats a lot of receptors. the rash went away 🫶 and i feel just a bit nauseous and shaky now. and tysm!!! <3
Well stay hydrated and get some rest, hopefully you'll feel better soon. Get some nutrients and vitamins in ya.

No problem, hope you don't run into that again.

update 8:35 AM: i ended up puking more last night before i slept, and i was anxious id die in my sleep. however im fine, woke up after 4 hours or so and feel back to normal. smoking a cig rn and feeling blessed as fuck. never taken allergy tests for anything before because i thought i was immune, however from now on if i ever try something i dont have previous experience with ill take the lowest dose possible to avoid this shit happening again.

update 8:35 AM: i ended up puking more last night before i slept, and i was anxious id die in my sleep. however im fine, woke up after 4 hours or so and feel back to normal. smoking a cig rn and feeling blessed as fuck.
Yikes, sry to hear about the puke, but it sounds like you've made it through to the other side.