Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Year old LSA still active?

Ineffable14

Bluelighter
Hey everyone,

About a year or so ago a friend mine attempted to extract alkaloids in 20 hbwr seeds. He soaked them in 99 ISP alcohol for a week in a dark space, strained and dried liquid. A yellow tar like substance was obtained which he gifted me :)

At the time had no time to trip so I separated the gunk into two caps and stored them in my freezer which I total forgot about until two days ago. How effective are alcohol extracts and do you think LSA stored for that long would still have activity? I'm extremely tempted to revisit LSA as it was lovely for me in the past, but not really wanting to deal with the nausea if there's no trip to accompany it. Eager to ear what you folks have to say.

Recently someone posted here that for LSA trips fresh seeds are best used because otherwise alkaloids may degrade over time into substances that produce nasty side-effects. I don't think there is any real empirical evidence provided... but if there is at all truth to what he said, that might mean that indeed you would have mostly nausea, cramps, etc to look forward to which is exactly what you say you want to avoid. 20 HBWR seeds is not a lot at all, I guess cut your losses and get some new ones, or take an ugly gamble.

Does anyone know if the chemical breaks down even when extracted, kept in a freezer, in an lightless air tight container? My guess is no, but when I run out of more reliable psychs I guess I'll find out. I have some morning glory resin stored this way about 6 months old. But since I'm only tripping once a month or so it'll be a while before I get to it.