• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Xenon

lolwhatzdrugs

Bluelighter
As a drug. I know it is/was used as a volatile anesthetic similar to nitrous oxide.

"However, xenon distinguishes itself from other clinically used NMDA receptor antagonists in its lack of neurotoxicity and its ability to inhibit the neurotoxicity of ketamine and nitrous oxide"

So it's main effect is NMDA antagonism. I would think that it would feel similar to nitrous than anything else, and just isn't used due to the prohibitive costs of purifying xenon. That's my guess. as N2O is synthetic, whereas xenon is a pure element.

Anyone ever huff some pure xenon? Airgas sells it under their speciality gasses. I'm sure that it is not controlled to the same extent as nitrous due to it's limited (by limited I mean quantity not quality of the substance) recreational use.

So my question is- who's been huffing the xenon?

An erowid email piqued my interest:

"Greetings Volunteers,

If anyone has photos of xenon bottles or labels, we'd like a couple to
include in our vaults about the use of xenon as an anesthetic or
recreational drug.

If anyone has experience either taking xenon or administering it to
others, we'd love to get a couple more reports about its use, with
specifics about dose, timing, etc to help fill in our info about it.

It's really unusual, absurdly expensive, and similar in effects to
nitrous oxide, so it's not exactly something folks should go out and
seek :] But, we could definitely use some more data for the vaults.

earth"

:)

Considering it's between $8-20 a litre in bulk... Xenon is too expensive to use recreationally, even in anesthetic use you basically need a scrubber that recovers the gas from the room to make it cost effective. You'd take a $20 lungful, hold it, breathe it out, and then that's your money gone. Considering how moreish nitrous gets, you'd be broke by the end of an hour.

Part of the reason it's not controlled is Airgas is not concerned about people spending $thousands on recreational xenon usage. It's their own loss...

Effects wise it should be pretty much the same as nitrous, ether etc. Just another volatile inhalant.

Effects wise it should be pretty much the same as nitrous, ether etc. Just another volatile inhalant
Im normally more eloquent, but am too sick recently to talk and think clearly. Otherwise i could articulate the qualitative differences between xenon and nitrous better. But all i can say is, im personally convinced they exist.

So much interest in this stuff all of a sudden I have to say it has caught my attention. If a vendor was to start producing chargers of it I would certainly give it a go maybe just a one off because of cost but I'm a sucker for novel drug experiences as you all know.

So much interest in this stuff all of a sudden I have to say it has caught my attention. If a vendor was to start producing chargers of it I would certainly give it a go maybe just a one off because of cost but I'm a sucker for novel drug experiences as you all know.
Not chargers exactly but some internstionsl vendors claim to sell single litre sample bottles or something... which seems unlikely to be legit to me but i have seen pop up