• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax XR 1mg—questions

Riri26

Bluelighter
Hello everyone. I’m new here and I’ve been taking as prescribed 1mg of Ativan twice a day for 4 years. My doctor now wants me to switch to Xanax XR 1mg once or twice a day and I don’t know how that will effect me. I’m worried it’ll be too strong. Tips appreciated. Thank you!

Yes, it will be stronger but not by that much, especially if you already have tolerance.

0.5mg xanax = 1mg ativan, but you have XR so it's going to hit slower.

Xanax XR is my favorite form of Xanax, they’re hard to find though. They hit slow but last for hours. Way better than Ativan

Xanax XR is my favorite form of Xanax, they’re hard to find though. They hit slow but last for hours. Way better than Ativan

How do you mean?

I had a script for 2mg xanax XR and would always chew them up out of habit.

That's just me, though.

Go big or go home..... well, that's probably why I'm such a drug addict.

My doctor said it would help me more than the Ativan. I’m just worried it’ll make me throw up or blackout or something. I’m paranoid. Hah

If you’re used to Ativan it will be similar except less sleepy. You will get more of the drunk feeling that benzos cause

Can I ask why he made this switch?

I think ativan is less involved and it's lighter which is kind of nice sometimes because you can go about your day. Xanax is great but it makes me...... soooo tired. I'm sure you'll just adjust to it and barely notice the negative effects rather quickly though.

Can I ask why he made this switch?

I think ativan is less involved and it's lighter which is kind of nice sometimes because you can go about your day. Xanax is great but it makes me...... soooo tired. I'm sure you'll just adjust to it and barely notice the negative effects rather quickly though.
I’ve been really sick for the past 2 months and she wanted to keep me calm. I’ve got emetophobia which is the crippling fear of vomiting and So I’ve been having horrible panic attacks.

I’ve been really sick for the past 2 months and she wanted to keep me calm. I’ve got emetophobia which is the crippling fear of vomiting and So I’ve been having horrible panic attacks.

Ah okay that's understandable. It's definitely a little bit stronger than ativan so as long as you never run into an emergency situation where you're cut off cold turkey for some reason it's a really good med for conditions like that.