• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

XANAX: Withdrawal is kicking my ass

I do not know exactly why it helps but benzo withdrawal kicks up the allergy system and the citirizine helps calm down the allergy system.

It also calmed down that horrible panic attack, restlessness inside for me.
I took a triple dosage of it.
It saved me from going to the hospital due to panic attack while in benzo withdrawal.
It also made me stop pacing the house due to my leg starting to go into seizure and traveling up my body if I did not keep moving constantly. I was in serious trouble. It kept me from having a seizure. Calmed it somehow.

The other one, doxylamine is the strongest over the counter sleep aid that I have found.
It is in the hypnotic sedative family.
Getting sleep and calming down nightmares while in benzo withdrawal was hard to do and that medication helped me.

There are better alternatives, I am sure, but I was working with only what I could get over the counter in the U.S.
Thanks for mentioning them. I have been on some form of benzso for 10 years and my doctor retired suddenly. I'm also coming off bupe but it's the benzo that frighten. Me.

it's the benzo that frighten. Me.
Where are you at dose wise atm? Daily/weekly/monthly?
Is it several times a day? once?
Sorry I may have missed a bunch of info and coffee, weed and ginger tea gow me awoken. ;)
Edit: Yeah that fear of giving up the comfort blanket. I get it.

Where are you at dose wise atm? Daily/weekly/monthly?
Is it several times a day? once?
Sorry I may have missed a bunch of info and coffee, weed and ginger tea gow me awoken. ;)
Edit: Yeah that fear of giving up the comfort blanket. I get it.
I was prescribed 30 2mg. Xanax since 2012. I didn't take them at first because I wouldn't go above the recommended dose of 2mg. a day. After a few months on Valium 10 or 20mg. a day. I took 1mg. of Xanax, broke it in half and I could feel it working so my tolerance had dropped.

After a few months on Valium 10 or 20mg. a day. I took 1mg. of Xanax, broke it in half and I could feel it working so my tolerance had dropped.
OK so if I am off base forgive but 10 days on at least 10mg of valium (diazepam). This substance has a long half life and is building a storage of the drug in you like a resevoir. It will last more than a week or two when its gone. Are they prescrbed to wean or taper you off alprazolam (xanax) ?
The residual diazepam is there even if ya dont "feel" it so I could see adding a dose of .5mg xanax would be noticable.
Have you been cutting back on alparazolam? I notice the referrence to a drop in tolerance and I equate this with dropping a substance for a while (tolerance break). Just wondering if there was a recent break or whatever from the xanax.
Are we on both? Alprazolam and diazepam?
I would start dropping and/or skipping doses now... get used to not doing it. Habits.
Any replacement meds as option of doctor?

I have nothing right dialing for new doc mine retired suddenly. Ran out of buprenorphine and benzos. Long story. It's the benzos I need. My last bupe was Xmas Eve 8mg. Yes, how could I be so stupid!

I have nothing right dialing for new doc mine retired suddenly. Ran out of buprenorphine and benzos. Long story. It's the benzos I need. My last bupe was Xmas Eve 8mg. Yes, how could I be so stupid!
Get to that new doc before a possible stint in the emergency room looking for a way out of this mess.
It has been a month of no bupre... seems like ya taking this in stride, IMO.
Now the benzos do kinda worry me as it can take a week or more to go into withdrawals depending on how much is stored up in the body/mind.
Is there a chance to get an appointment with a GP or psyche doctor like soon? It is monday (I think) and may be time to get on the phone to shop docs. Insurance by chance or no?