• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax vs Ativan?

^hey, that is really too bad and sad about your friend. but calm down, people do things a lot worse then take pills they buy online here. i mean jesus, they shoot powder they buy from criminals on the corner. present what info you think is important, but don't throw a fit when people don't care.

^hey, that is really too bad and sad about your friend. but calm down, people do things a lot worse then take pills they buy online here. i mean jesus, they shoot powder they buy on the street corner. present what info you think is important, but don't throw a fit when people don't care.

it's not throwing a fit when people don't care. it's a soft spot. so is heroine (it killed my fiance.. he overdose on the botched black tar that was going around here two summers ago) ppl that have that soft spot can't control it when they get upset over other ppl going down the same road.. I just don't want to see anyone else kill themselves from stupidity. there's a safe way to take drugs and an unsafe way.. knowing where your shit comes from and what it is is the first way to stay safe.

there's a safe way to take drugs and an unsafe way.

nope, with recreational drug use it's all relative. everyone has got their own line.

sounds like you've been through a lot of loss though, i dont really wanna tell you what is what. just know you are not gonna have a lot of luck trying to save people here at bluelight. all you can do is inform.

I prefer ativan over xanax. I had a rare reaction to xanax and experienced hallucinations and severe dysphoria. Ativan feels a lot gentler to me and has a soft relaxing glow whereas xanax just makes me feel like a zombie.

No lorazepam = lorazepam. Calling drugs by their brand names is bullshit IMO.
That is my opinion as well. Even dr's and their co-assistent's use brand names. I wrote it bland out to them that brand name bullshit is unprofessional.

Alprazolam was used with the sole purpose of stimulant or MDMA comedown's. Lorazepam was given to me after and during my first Epileptic seizure. And my resulting state of psychosis.

That last experience was so good, going from full blown seizure and psychotic to the warm embrace of Lorazepam. I vote for that one. It probably is more suited for that kinda circumstances as Alprazolam would.

All that my eye caught was that bud.

In the hospital they have all sort's of inject able benzo's. Among which Lorazepam and Midazolam.

Anyone know what the difference is? Which one better?
xanax and ativan both are out of one's system relatively quickly. xanax was originally marketed as a 'mood elevator'.indeed it is not simply a GABA agonist but also endorphin.ativan makes me depressed.xanax is like clonazepam with a cup of expresso.xanax withdrawls are awful(extreme anxiety!).if you are young male,you will have to take it several times a day to avoid these symptoms.i am female almost 70 so not only can i take it, i must have a benzo which is out of system quickly so it doesnt build up in kidneys.
ativan might help one sleep more than xanax.i was a taxi driver and i could drive on xanax (low dose) but not on any other benzo.

Last edited:
What do you guys mean when you say you "ordered?" I hope you're not buying benzos from foreign online pharmacies.. not only is it illegal, you have NO IDEA what you're getting
When you are buying from a marketplace with reviews and escrow, the dealers have more much accountability than street dealers.

I prefer Xanax. Ativan still works for combatting anxiety and seems to be the first choice for lots of doctors as it is one of the milder benzos.