• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

xanax uk not

jayjaysleepyhead

Bluelighter
Hi guys not been on here for a month made an ass of myself last night with a stupid post so i Will try and word this properly , basically im sick to the teeth of valium, i can actually admit this after a 22 year habit apart fom holidays and rehabs. I am finding now the 20 mg i take daily actually make me depressed but i know id be in bits if i just stopped .So as im in the bloody uk who at the moment have a massive benzo no no, is it worth me explaining this to my new phych/Dr if he could put me onto a faster acting benzo like xanax or ativan these are the only two i know of that relate to valium.Has anyone tried this successfully or is it a waste of time advice needed thats all thanx

20mg isn't really very much Valium at all. Xanax would make the problem 10x worse. If it's prescribed to you just tell your Doctor and ask for helping tapering off.

I can almost guarantee you that the nature of your issue isn't in the specific Benzodiazepine that you're taking, rather, it's the fact that you've been taking Benzodiazepines for decades and they've lost their efficacy. If you're just stuck with a dependence and no benefit, why not start making the long trek down that path to Benzodiazepine freedom? I know it's a real bitch. I've never been through it, just alcohol, so I know I can't trul comment, but it can be done.

If you have a prescriber still on board, they can help you do a very slow taper and potentially prescribe you some medication that will ease your symptoms as you make it through the process.

is it worth me explaining this to my new phych/Dr if he could put me onto a faster acting benzo like xanax or ativan these are the only two i know of that relate to valium.Has anyone tried this successfully or is it a waste of time advice needed thats all thanx

the general rule of thumb for GPs is any patient who openly asks you to prescribe them a narcotic medication for them is labeled a drug seeker and gets a mark on their file, so i wouldnt do that. i agree with everyone here that it would probably be best for you think about a taper

If your not planning to get off of benzos, and want to try something different.. I don't see what the big deal would be to ask your doc, "hey I have been taking valium 20mg for a while now... its not really working too well anymore.. can I try another anti anxiety med?" or something along those lines.. that's how it went with me, when I first was put on klonopin.. I literally told my doc I couldn't sleep, my anxiety was hellish to go through day and night, and I had trouble talking to people because I was so shy... etc. he immediately asked me if I had tried benzos before, and I told him one of my family members gave me a klonopin once when I was freaking out and could not sleep, and it worked great... and he without hesitation wrote me a script for klonopin... then gradually upped my dose from 0.5mg a day, to 5mg a day... then when the klonopin stopped working as well after being on it for over almost 2 years, I asked to try something else, he basically said "what do you have in mind?", and I told him I wanted to try another long-acting benzo like valium, so he gave me 50mg of valium a day instead of the kpin, and I loved it! valium was, and still is my favorite benzo.. out of the common 4: Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, and Ativan.. don't care much for Xanax, but still like it on occasion at low doses, and hate Ativan, I don't even know how its a scheduled drug! it is so weak IME with it, that I took over 10mg with little to no tolerance once and felt hardly any difference.. if that would have been 10mg of any of the other 3 benzos I mentioned, I would have been on my ass, blacked out with the tolerance I had...

Thanks folks mate if i asked or was put on 50 mg if valium all ny worries for time being anyway America is totally different to UK you get xanax we dont at all and valium uks drug of choice in usa theres nore help and support over here its just take your 4 weeks script and see you later.

If your not planning to get off of benzos, and want to try something different.. I don't see what the big deal would be to ask your doc, "hey I have been taking valium 20mg for a while now... its not really working too well anymore.. can I try another anti anxiety med?" or something along those lines.. that's how it went with me, when I first was put on klonopin.. I literally told my doc I couldn't sleep, my anxiety was hellish to go through day and night, and I had trouble talking to people because I was so shy... etc. he immediately asked me if I had tried benzos before, and I told him one of my family members gave me a klonopin once when I was freaking out and could not sleep, and it worked great... and he without hesitation wrote me a script for klonopin... then gradually upped my dose from 0.5mg a day, to 5mg a day... then when the klonopin stopped working as well after being on it for over almost 2 years, I asked to try something else, he basically said "what do you have in mind?", and I told him I wanted to try another long-acting benzo like valium, so he gave me 50mg of valium a day instead of the kpin, and I loved it! valium was, and still is my favorite benzo.. out of the common 4: Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, and Ativan.. don't care much for Xanax, but still like it on occasion at low doses, and hate Ativan, I don't even know how its a scheduled drug! it is so weak IME with it, that I took over 10mg with little to no tolerance once and felt hardly any difference.. if that would have been 10mg of any of the other 3 benzos I mentioned, I would have been on my ass, blacked out with the tolerance I had...

lol I guarantee you this would not play out the same way (to say the least) here in the UK.

Yeah.. sorry.. I kind of read past the OP saying he was in the UK! my bad... but still, even if you cant get Xanax in the UK or its like extremely hard to obtain as a prescription or whatever.. you aren't missing much, its nice and all, but doesn't last long enough in my opinion and experience, which makes a lot of people get addicted to it.. its basically the "crack" of benzos, in the sense that you just keep wanting to redoes, and do more and more, without thinking twice... especially if you are new to this drug. I personally like valium a lot better, so if your at least on valium, it could be worse I guess.. how about clonazepam (klonopin/Rivotril)? I currently am back on klonopin, and it still works great after taking it more than 4 years every single day... I absolutely need benzos, to be able to function like a normal person, I don't typically abuse them, and over do it with my meds, like I used to so much... and when I ran I out, I usually got lucky and was able to come up on some other benzo, or just more klonopin off the street.. but when I didn't, and had nothing... the worst fucking feeling I have ever had to feel... benzo wds suck! Good luck finding something that works for you.. everyone is very much different when it comes to benzos, and how they affect you, and how they affect someone else.. I love valium, hate Ativan.. and I know a lot of people who love Ativan, and hate valium.. its like that.