• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax Replacement

Best advise to you would get off benzos entirely, no really good substitute to the effects you are looking for. There is kava kava which works on the same receptors benzos do, but not nearly as good as a xanax would do you. Nothing besides benzos will make you feel relaxed and calm like they do, but of course that comes with tolerance and diminished effects. Peace and love. Stay safe my friend.

Klonipin as it is long acting although not as hard hitting. You may need to adjust and recognize it won't having you slurring and getting sloppy as bad, but that doesn't mean it can't happen and not too worry about it. You could also get an extended release formula if it is too short acting so you get the same medicine although released slowly through the day so that you aren't going from getting hit hard to feeling like w/d are beginning.

Benzo dependancy can lead to fatal withdrawals. Be careful!

^Klonopin is a benzo too
What do you need the benzo/substitute for? Panic attacks etc. or recreational?
If you suffer from anxiety cognitive behavioral therapy could help you a lot.
For stopping a panic attack something like diphenhydramin or hydroxizine (both are antihistamines of the first generation) might help

I thought he meant a replacement benzo not something to completely replace benzos.

Skullcap and chamomile are herbs you can make tea out of that work in the benzodiazapine region leading to anxiety relief although of course nothing close to an overpowered pharmacicutical benzo..... Plus the act of drinking tea is awesome and the act of brewing, inhaling the aroma, and sipping it down can take your mind of anxious thoughts while you focus in prepping and drinking the tea, which again you can do all day as much as you want. Literally you can make a huge batch in a water bottle for the day or throw in a large amount of the herbs in a sealed coffee filter that you refill throughout the day replacing it at the days end, possibly lunch, and in the morning.

I am a big proponent of Lyrica (Pregabalin). It produces significant anti-anxiety effects, just not intense enough to make them prone to abuse (the only way for people to use it "recreationally" is to take extreme doses before building up any sort of tolerance).

The downsides of the drugs are essentially a) that it will still produce very unpleasant withdrawal symptoms when continued abruptly and b) that the anti-anxiety effect isn't intense enough to break through a panic attack.

There is really no good replacement for benzos (Considering there effects on anti-anxiety and relaxation). Learn coping skills, deep breathing, muscle tension techniques, meditation, etc. Drug wise no other drugs are going to mimic benzos that are "More Safe" then the benzos themself. For example you could take opiates and that produces euphoria and relaxation which provides some anxiety relief, but then you would be reliant on opiates. You could go natural like I said before with the Kava kava because it works on the GABA receptors in the brain and you can just buy it from the store. velarian root has calming properties to it. But if your looking for a drug that will mimic benzos you are kind of out of luck. Barbs would of been your best bet, but they are not prescribed anymore because benzos proved more effective and safer for anxiety disorders. If you are looking to get high, benzos are the way to go, tolerance builds to quickly and getting off of them is a bitch. If it is anxiety you are trying to treat, cut down on caffeine, eat healthy, exercise 3 times a week at least. Exercise will help burn off built up energy that could be causing some anxiety. Anyway moral of the story is you probably should just stop taking benzos or take them as needed. Try Kavakava it is very calming and way less addictive than xanax or klonopin. Peace and Love, and always be safe. :)

Closest OTC would be doxylamine. Get the store brand of unisom tabs. That and alcohol if it's your thing.

Depends what you want it for. If it's therapeutic to sleep or anxiety try otc stuff. If it's for recreation I'd say opiates, but you don't want to start on that path.

Why do you need a benzo replacement though?

Depends what you want it for. If it's therapeutic to sleep or anxiety try otc stuff. If it's for recreation I'd say opiates, but you don't want to start on that path.

Why do you need a benzo replacement though?

I use them recreation-ally. I used to just be a pot head, and now I moved on to combining pot with Xanax. I'm trying to avoid a benzo addiction but want something that is similar in effect. But apparently it's Kava or nothing because opiates would have me hooked instantly if I had a steady supply. I have no self control around anything substance wise except alcohol

I would go the pharmaceutical route. See a doctor. There are a lot of options. And don't worry about withdrawals because if you're seeing a doctor And filling your script then weening off is simple and easy.

The top two of course are gabapentin and pregabalin (lyrica). They both increase GABA concentrations and will reduce calcium channel currents which will block norepinephrine (which is like adrenaline and cause anxiety) and glutamate which will quiet neurons down. They also activate a subtype of postsynaptic GABA B receptors though this is disputed in the community (their effects more than prove it though). They are really the only benzo like drugs. Baclofen will help you and BE a good replacement especially combined but you'd have to convince the doctor since it's a muscle relaxant.

Kava actually has been proven not to work on GABA receptors but instead on voltage gated ion channels and I think one of the kavalactones exerts so.e effect on the endocannabinoid system.

If you do get gabapentin or pregabalin supplementing them with l glutamine and pyridoxal -5-Phosphate (p-5-p the active form of b6) will potentiate some of their GABAergic effects since they facilitate conversion of glutamine into GABA gia glutamic acid decarboxylase and b6 is the cofactor in the enzymatic process.

I would also recommend taurine. That's been proven to reduce glutamate and bind to GABA A receptors. And phenibut too which is like gabapentin and ppregabalin but is OTC online. Just don't get scared away by people's scare stories who don't use it right. Its their own fault. Take 250-500mg four times a day and raise it up but don't go over 1000 and remember not to discontinue abruptly. Just when yourself off. Its really a simple thing but people refuse to do it And then they feel they need to go warn and scare everyon beca use of their own stupidity.

I just read your above post. If you're looking to use recreationally be careful with phenibut. Don't go over 2 grams your first time and don't do it every day. But are you interest in gabapentin and pregabalin because they're very recreational or can you not get them because they're prescription?