• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Xanax Prescription

He didn't tell me to go get a fucking case and booze on...

just said experiment with a few drinks..

sheesh!

:)

Susta are you fucking serious?

Your doc told you not to drink, so a doc on the other side of the city couldn't possibly say something different?

Gimme some fuckin' credit here..

Hahaha sorry bro no pun intended u know how much i luv ya :p

Just seems weird to me that he said that but im not doubting u by any means man.
Peace brother %)

I found this thread very interesting, as I have been taking xanax (not prescribed) to cope with chronic social anxiety (something I've struggled with all my life, I'm 41 this month).. I thought I'd post my take on benzos and experience..

My first experience of benzos came when I was scripted Valium by my GP.. this took some MAJOR persuading as he was completely against prescribing ANY benzo for ANY anxiety disorder as a treatment option. This is pretty much like the OP said.. asking any practitioner for a benzo will not get you it. They are prescribed only for very short-term management of trauma related anxiety or some event anxiety etc.. not to treat an underlying mental illness and/or persistent anxiety disorder.. anyway.. I persuaded the doctor, and he agreed to give me 2mg Valium, 2 weeks supply..(I even had to sign a medical disclaimer because of the addiction and withdrawal problems he said, so I knew benzos were serious shit) ... cut a long story short, I established trust with the GP and he let me have a repeat and continuous script for Valium 2mg which was taken "as and when needed".. I got 30 tabs a month and had a stock pile of them pretty much.

I was on Valium for about a year or two, and it didn't do much for me. I numbed the fear and reduced the anxiety symptoms, but didn't make it go away completely and I didn't like feeling tired on them and sluggish so I eventually I just quit taking them and started drinking instead.

Fast forward 12 years, I can now no longer drink due to health problems, I became semi-dependent on opiate painkillers after a knee injury, and my social anxiety returned worse than ever. I managed to get hold of xanax and that for me has been a miracle. It just blows the social anxiety away and when combined with opiates, makes me actually pro-social and feeling human again.

However..I feel I'm possibly on the edge of a major benzo addiction...I'm now taking xanax daily and can barely face a day without taking them... Xanax is a completely different beast to valium. Because it's got a significantly shorter half-life than Valium, the re-bound anxiety affect you get with Xanax comes on pretty quick and you feel you're in its grips on a slippery slope.. I can't remember exactly when I started taking Xanax and when or how I went from occasional use to daily use, to taking multiple times a day.. but that's where I'm at. I don't think I'm past the point of no return, but I feel if I continue taking these much longer on a daily basis I will be. I can stop taking them for 48 hours and nothing bad happens, but then I get anxiety bad if I have to go out or do anything and I feel I *have to* take one. So it's more a psychological dependency and some rebound anxiety thing going on, rather than major withdrawals.. although saying that, because I take opiates daily which have stimulant qualities (Tramadol and Subutex) which I cycle, I do have trouble sleeping. For that, I take Etizolam which is an analogue benzo drug and for me is a miracle for regulating an 7-8 sleep cycle.. it's not supposed to be as habit forming or withdraw from, although its no picnic if you get addicted to them either.

Etizolam could be used to treat anxiety I think but it feels very very potent, and its much more potent than Valium for putting you to sleep..so you only need to take very low doses. Nothing beats Xanax though for anxiety for me. It's the ultimate anxiety treatment. The effect is pretty much the same as when I used to drink heavily to mask anxiety.. I can feel pro-social and tackle almost anything, I have no fears at all.

So that's my experience with benzo's. My current doctor knows I'm on Xanax and taking opiates (I think) but it's not been discussed. Oddly. My doctor (GP) knows I severe anxiety problems and probably just accept that I'm going to do self-treatment and leave me to do it.

I'm now taking xanax daily and can barely face a day without taking them

The couple of people I have known who have used xanax over a period of time have mentioned similar things to me, it must be so damn addictive. They said they could not sleep properly without it or function in a normal way and would feel very anxious and the need to have a xanax to help them through it all and would sometimes get quite moody and shitty if they didn't have it.

My current doctor knows I'm on Xanax and taking opiates (I think) but it's not been discussed. Oddly. My doctor (GP) knows I severe anxiety problems and probably just accept that I'm going to do self-treatment and leave me to do it.

Why dont you try and talk to your doctor about it and get it prescribed and tell them you wish to try and reduce your use of it over time and possibly use something else that you may not feel so dependent on eventually? Or something like that.

Xanax is a completely different beast to valium.

^^ This.

I've never had a problem with Valium after on and off use for a couple years. But Xanax I found myself rapidly dependant on much faster than I would have thought. Quitting was NOT pleasant at all and I hadn't been using it very long. For me at least, Xanax is not worth it, Valium has a much lower risk of me getting dependant on it.