Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Xanax Prescription

Un4gettable

Greenlighter
Hey guys first time poster..
My story starts a few years ago, basically i was having heaps of nervous moments cases of shaking, no sleep, the works... Then I had some near death experience don't really want to get into it, couldn't get to sleep went to the doctor and i told him i need something to calm down and he gave me some xanax, a one off for 10 pills.

Long story shot a few months ago, more stuff happened, at the hospital had to be sedated with valium. The next day i went to my GP to see what can be done. He said like we'll send you a psychologist. The psychologist says i have a case of Generalized Anxiety Disorder, tried teaching me some techniques to calm down blah blah blah, long story short, she asked me to go back to the GP and get a sample pack of Xanax.

Even shorter story, i'm out of xanax so i told her i probably need a script, since nothing is really getting easier. She told me and i'll quote "Your GP WILL NOT write out a prescription for drugs of addiction", after that we got of some of topic. I'll see her again on soon so, i'll again bring this topic up a lot firmer this time.

I feel like i'm getting the stuff around, had to go to the hospital again last night, anxiety was so bad i started to get chest pains, and again sedated with valium. Because it was midnight there was no psychiatrist there so they were unable to get me a prescription.

So please tell me I need to see a psychiatrist right? and the only place to see one is at the hospital? Or is there some kind of other way i should be approaching this problem. I am not a alcoholic or junky, i do have high stress job, but either way i can''t quit it since money issues.

Thank you in advance

P.S. I don't mean to brake any rules and hopefully i haven't, i just want to know if i'm doing the right thing or if i should just straight up go to the hospital during working hours and talk to a psychiatrist.

So you wanna know how to get xanax?

I'm hoping to get some... i alerady get it without a prescription but i need a legit one for traveling overseas with it..

So im gonna rock in with my tickets etc etc and say i just need a couple you know.

Should be right.. so yeh!

But can't help you get xannis bud.

I want to know if what i'm doing is the right way?

If not i'll go stuff around else how...

Yeh.

Asking for xanax will never get you xanax. Unless your in my situation and have a flight on monday ;-)

I guess then go at an appropriate time.

Or book a psych appointment.

trippar, try reading the whole post and not just a few sentences here and there, the OP explained it clearly. and good luck with your expedition...

un4gettable - yes, you're going the right way about it. there are psychiatrists you can see through (government funded) hospitals as well as private practice.

your doctor can prescribe you xanax as you pointed out, a psychiatrist has the same ability.

leftwing....
Well why would my psychologist say that? I thought that was how the whole process went, you go see a psychologist and then she writes a referral to the doctor to write you a prescription.

TripppAR is pretty right when he says "asking for xanax will never get you xanax" but in the case where it seems the GP has already given you a sampler I do not understand why he wouldn't write more unless you were irresponsible with it.

While it is the case that many, if not most, GP's are against prescribing "drugs of addiction" (this means benzodiazepines and opiates, non recreational addictive drugs are generally fine) but there are certainly those who write them out and they definately have the ability to write you xanax.

If I were you I would go back to the GP who gave you a sampler of xanax and explain your situation. I think it is highly likely they will oblige you with an occassional script but they might not want to put you on a daily dose to avoid addiction. I don't know why your psychologist would so confidently think they could predict yoru GP's prescribing practises, and I really don't get why you took her at her word on this.

You could go around to various doctors being 100% honest with your situation and asking for xanax, unfortunately honesty and knowledge of the drugs you want generally only gain you distrust from health professionals, and this is unlikely to yield much.

I would go back to the original GP, if they wont give you what you want then you are probably more likely to get a benzo (can't guarantee it will be Xanax/alprazolam, and since you have GAD as opposed to panic disorder I personally think a longer lasting benzo is more likely) by going to different doctors and explaining your symptoms but neglecting to mention your history. It really sucks to have to be somewhat deceitful to get adequate treatment but in my opinion they created the need to lie when they elected to punish and judge those who tell the truth.

A psychiatrist who can prescribe would be a good option if a GP wont do it, but it can work out pretty damn expensive. I reccomend you continue psychiatric treatment of some kind and maybe look into Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Xanax probably wont solve your anxiety issues forever unfortunately.

Best of luck finding someone to give you the xanax you are after, I don't feel I can really give you any more advice without it bordering on being doctor shopping advice which is not allowed. I hope you manage to resolve your anxiety issues eventually. Before electing to get on xanax I suggest you do some research on benzodiazepine addiction and withdrawal, it is no walk in the park and is definately an issue you should be highly informed on if you want to get on benzo's long or even take them at all really.

Thank you drug mentor...
You know what... Withdrawls are the last of my problems, if one of these attacks kills me...

Look thank you very much for the advice, i'll see my psychologist soon, i'll explain to her everything! Once again thanks for your advice!

First thing if you want xanax - i know i shouldn't be saying this. Learn a lil bit about mental health

Xanax is first line treatment for PANIC DISORDER, not GAD. GAD is treated with long acting benzos like clonazepam and diazepam. Alprazolam is preferred for use in Panic disorder (panic attacks) as it comes on quickly, and quells anxiety well - long term use should be avoided.

Compulsive dosing of xanax can cause some fucked shit to happen believe me, every time i get a script its a hospital visit for sure because I, like yourself, can't help but wanna get more fucked, and i do have panic disorder + GAD.

Be careful, and look for the right treatments - oh and get a better doc.

Thanks for those posts drug_mentor and MrIbis! :)

I reccomend you continue psychiatric treatment of some kind and maybe look into Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Xanax probably wont solve your anxiety issues forever unfortunately.

Agreed; medications, be they benzos, SSRI's etc, can relieve the symptoms of anxiety for a while but they're not a cure.

Anxiety really is a bitch to treat, especially in terms of drug therapys.

Really, whatever your do end up getting prescribed is only going to be a short term fix and when you do eventually have to come off it then your probably going to be worse then you were to start off with.

I know thats not what you wanted to hear, but your better off knowing all this going in.

It seems pretty clear that you do have real anxiety issues that are getting in the way of your life and as such drug treatment could well be justified.

However, know this. While your symptoms CAN BE TREATED with benzo's such as xanax and valium. They are in no way a cure.

You'll no doubt feel anxiety free and able to function as a normal human being on such medications but such treatments can not be maintained forever.

Tolerance will build, any relife you feel will dwindle and more likely than not you'll have to deal with one of the more nasty addictions and subsequent withdrawls that prescription drugs have to offer.

Be very carefull in approaching this issue, the only way to fully cure yourself is to find the cause of your anxietys and deal within yourself.

Best of luck

While it is the case that many, if not most, GP's are against prescribing "drugs of addiction" (this means benzodiazepines and opiates, non recreational addictive drugs are generally fine) but there are certainly those who write them out and they definately have the ability to write you xanax.

i think its 50/50. I've turned down xanax countless times from countless GP's over the years. one gp at the same clinic could favour xanax to lorazapam, oxazepam, diazepam etc. just depends on the GP. I know one guy who hands out benzo's cause he has a license for flumazinal treatment but he is a bit no to any opiate including tram.... i'll get hypnodorm off this guy... mark my words

If I were you I would go back to the GP who gave you a sampler of xanax and explain your situation. I think it is highly likely they will oblige you with an occassional script but they might not want to put you on a daily dose to avoid addiction. I don't know why your psychologist would so confidently think they could predict yoru GP's prescribing practises, and I really don't get why you took her at her word on this.

You could go around to various doctors being 100% honest with your situation and asking for xanax, unfortunately honesty and knowledge of the drugs you want generally only gain you distrust from health professionals, and this is unlikely to yield much.

I would go back to the original GP, if they wont give you what you want then you are probably more likely to get a benzo (can't guarantee it will be Xanax/alprazolam, and since you have GAD as opposed to panic disorder I personally think a longer lasting benzo is more likely) by going to different doctors and explaining your symptoms but neglecting to mention your history. It really sucks to have to be somewhat deceitful to get adequate treatment but in my opinion they created the need to lie when they elected to punish and judge those who tell the truth.

A psychiatrist who can prescribe would be a good option if a GP wont do it, but it can work out pretty damn expensive. I reccomend you continue psychiatric treatment of some kind and maybe look into Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Xanax probably wont solve your anxiety issues forever unfortunately.

Best of luck finding someone to give you the xanax you are after, I don't feel I can really give you any more advice without it bordering on being doctor shopping advice which is not allowed. I hope you manage to resolve your anxiety issues eventually. Before electing to get on xanax I suggest you do some research on benzodiazepine addiction and withdrawal, it is no walk in the park and is definately an issue you should be highly informed on if you want to get on benzo's long or even take them at all really.

thats sound advise for the OP drugmentor the only thing i would add is that the OP seems "in" with the GP, there shouldn't be any issue getting some sort of script of xanax. but if that is not the case and you have to go elsewhere, don't go to a psyc. waste of money. take DM's advise and find a GP who'll prescribe accordingly.... it doesn't have to start with xanax... approach a new gp with an open mind and if he suggests lorazapam for instance just say ok, i'm willing to see if this helps. like everyone is saying... don't mention xanax. I've gotten huge respect from GP's from turning it down and in the end i end up getting what i want

to the op reading your posts I think the best short term solution for your issue would be clonazepam, which is what i'm on and it is hands down better than xanax and better for what you need it for.... unfortunately it can be quite hard to get a script because its main indication is for epilepsy, but if you're smart, persistent, whatever you'll get whats best for you short term, you need to realise that being on benzo's can be unmanageable unless you are experienced and have willpower. there are long term alternates, but ATM clonaz would make your quality of life so much better/

Last edited:
A panic attack can't kill you...the fact you believe this indicates you've done little work in understanding your anxiety, and therefore you don't have many tools to deal with it. Benzos are only a crutch to use while learning these methods of dealing with anxiety, they are not a long term solution. I believe if you went to your GP, and got a mental health plan to actively work with a psychologist, your doctor would probably be more willing to precribe short term benzos.

A panic attack can't kill you...the fact you believe this indicates you've done little work in understanding your anxiety, and therefore you don't have many tools to deal with it.

Depends entirely on underlying conditions. Suffer from a bad heart, stage III hypertension, susceptibility to stroke or a combination thereof, and obviously a panic attack can exacerbate these conditions. Beta blockers are prescribed to millions of people to prevent that which arises from extreme onset of anxiety and the corresponding stress that places on the cardiovascular system.

leftwing....
Well why would my psychologist say that? I thought that was how the whole process went, you go see a psychologist and then she writes a referral to the doctor to write you a prescription.

shycologists are there to try and help you without scripts ,shrinks give scrips by the dozen.
If you cant make an appointment for a shrink then do what the mod said and this is also what i had to do is go to the hospital during the rite hours and explaine whatever and theyll send the hospital shrink down to see you and consult then possibly you will get a script but i doubt it would be xanax,I know i went threw many pills tryin to get the rite ones to help me,it actualy took years to get things rite for me and am still switching meds on occation to try and help me out more,
Haveing a phycologist also isnt a bad thing iether i have both.
1 gives pills the other listens to you and tries to help you by other meens...