• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax and opioids

jafar1

Greenlighter
Hello fellow blue lighters. I want to say I genuinely enjoy being a part of this community and learn new things every time I visit this sight. That being said, I had posted before I am taking 3-4 mg of Xanax daily, along with 300mg gabapentin 3x a day. Anyway, I just got my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday and it was much more painful than I had anticipated. I know mixing benzos and opiates can lead to CNS depression, and I do not wish to come near that fateful area. So my question is can I take the norcos as prescribed, that's one 5-325 Vicodin every 6 hours. I'm not trying to get high but my pain is severe and I've tried to cut back a bit on the Xanax so I can take the painkillers. Any input is greatly appreciated! ?

Well I can tell you this, when I cut down my benzo dose, or take .5 mgs instead of 1 mgs, I can take more opiates and not feel a rush or high like normally .
I also take gabapentin and same thing, if I take less that day later in the day hours and hours after my benzos if I shoot up I don't feel much.

On a side note friend, cut down on gabapentin be careful with that shit I swear it's hell if you ever get cut off from it, horrific withdrawals just be careful

OP you'll be totally fine. Especially considering you're already tolerant to benzos. Plus that is a very reasonable dose of opioids to be using, so you don't have anything to worry about. Particularly if you're not using them to get high.

If you are prescribed that amount of xanax daily then you're obviously tolerant to benzos. And taking 5mg of hydrocodone will not put you in any danger. You won't even feel high let alone be in any cns danger

Thank you for the responses guys, I am extremely appreciative of the support and answers. I didn't think it would be anything too problematic, but I would rather be safe than sorry heh... Yea I am only taking the vicodin when I absolutely need it, and have even tried to cut back on the gabapentin and xanax whilst on the pain killers.

About the gabapentin gorilla boy, I appreciate the input, and have successfully got off xanax and gabapentin before. Although the gabapentin was very strange and annoying, it was a walk in the park compared to my absurd benzo habit at the time (6mg xanax+ 2-3mg etizolam along with an ativan or two and tons of whippets which I found out affect your GABA receptors too). I find myself always being very cautious especially when mixing medications, even taken as prescribed. You can always take more, you can't always take less. Its funny, although I am quite dependent on my benzos, I still find myself cutting my blue (1) mg footballs in half, and even with the aforementioned vicodin taking halves of those as well...

That's not a bad thing OP, being conservative with these meds :)

With benzos and opioids, I think it's a game of figuring out the least amount you can take while still getting through the day.