• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos xanax 1mg once a week for 2 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuputts

Greenlighter
i am in danger of getting withdrawals and can i quit cold turkey. i took it only 8 times or once per week.

you absolutely wont get withdrawal from that. dont psyche yourself into feeling sick, eigher.

It typically wears off in 4 or 5 hours, so no your fine, based upon a available information, in terms of BZD WD

2 months is a long time if you took a benzodiazepine daily or even every second day if it was a long(er)-acting one. But since you only took it once a week, you will not have any physical withdrawal symptoms nor will you put yourself in danger quitting "cold-turkey".

If you think you have psychological withdrawal symptoms, it's only because you unnecessarily stress yourself about it. Xanax is one if not the shortest acting benzodiazepine available and withdrawal symptoms would set in within a few hours of your last dose if you had taken it daily - multiple times a day to achieve a complete 24-hours coverage. Due to its very short period of action, Xanax is not really intended or useful for that. Longer-acting benzodiazepines would be prescribed and when it's time to get off them, tapered over a long time.

Benzodiazepines have insanely quick tolerance building properties and addiction potential when taken daily. Withdrawing is very difficult and is best done in minute dosage reductions over a long period (~ 6 months) to minimize the negative effects and allow you to get used living your life without them again.

So Happy New Year and DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! Any withdrawal symptoms you may think you are feeling are only in your head and have nothing to do with your Xanax intake thanks to the long intervals in between.

BrightMoon

once a week wont do anything in terms of withdrawals if you take it for the rest of your life like that

This is very straightforward. You have virtually no chance of getting physical WD from only 8 doses at that frequency. Let me know if you have other questions related to this issue, and I can re-open this for you.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.