• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Would you make this trade?

Methacodone

Bluelighter
Ok, this is pretty hard for me, I don't know if this is a legit trade.
Someone is offering me 50 1mg Alprazolam footballs, and 50 1mg Clonazepam tablets for my 50 10mg Diazepam tablets and and 70 of my 5mg Diazepam tablets.

Whos getting the better trade, what would you guys rather get?

50 1mg Clonazepam
+
50 1mg Alprazolam

OR

50 10mg Diazepam
+
70 5mg Diazepam

I really love my Diazepam, and I also love my Clonazepam. I already DO have 50 1mg Clonazepam tablets saved up, by getting 50 more, I'll have 100 of them
which I'll love to have. I really don't know what to do. Would you guys make this trade? I like Alprazolam, but TBH I like both Diazepam and Clonazepam better.
Please post your opinions on what you guys think of this trade, thank you.

Diazepam, I find it has a perfect subtle euphoria and great muscle-relaxant properties. Then again clonazepam and alprazolam are potent benzodiazepines.

Yeah true that. I LOVE my Diazepam. It's a complete benzo, it has everything. Very long half life, the best muscle relaxer in its class of benzos, mood lifting, unique euphoria, sedation, I can go on and on.
Imo, it's also the best medication to help you detox opiates, alcohol, and esp benzos.
I'm more on the side of NOT doing this trade.
But I still want to see other posters opinions.

Kind of a strange question for this particular subforum but I'd trade a certain amount of diazepam for just the clonazepam (as it's my favorite drug in this family).

They can keep the Xanax.

Sell the benzos and get some dissociatives or psychedelics instead. You'll get more out of them for sure ;)

Sell the benzos and get some dissociatives or psychedelics instead. You'll get more out of them for sure ;)

Unless he is dependent. I like xanax the best...but it is only because it is so good for my panic attacks. I guess whatever gives you the best therapy. I like clonazepam because it lowered the instances that I would get to the point of panic. I would grab just a few of the xanax and all the clonazepam and just keep the footballs for when you are having a severe attack of panic or anxiety. It is always good to have a few extra tools in the box. Now if there was some temazepam on the table...id grab that...totally hypnotic but in an awesome way.

For anxiety the GABA reuptake inhibitors like tiagabine are truly interesting (and pregabalin/gabapentin/phenibut to a lesser extent). The GAT inhibitors really seem not to induce traditional tolerance & dependency!

Tried tiagabine when I've lived in France and indeed it works, comparable to lorazepam but not as sedating, just calming and switching the anxiety off! Can't prove about the tolerance but it can well be true.

200px-Tiagabine2DCSD.svg.png
gabitril.jpg

Just the world we're living in once more why it's not more widely known or used.

I never liked lorazepam. It only ever dulled the anxiety, it was fast acting however it wouldn't stop a panic attack unless I took all three 1mg doses at once.

I've never tried xanax, so I can't compare. The dopamine agonism of alprazolam makes it somewhat interesting but also even more addictive. If you like xanax, maybe phenibut could help you too because it's also dopaminergic.

But the tiagabine is really unique. Hey, a GABAergic that isn't addictive and nobody cares about!

I've taken about 10 different benzodiazepines over the course of my life and Xanax really feels no different from any of the others as far as a noticeable dopamine effect goes. When I think dopamine I think coke or meth, DEFINITELY not Xanax which isn't an exciting drug to me in the least. Not a particularly addicting drug regardless. I think it's only abused to the extent it is simply because Pfizer or Upjohn or whoever hit a freakin' home run with it and it became one of the most widely prescribed drugs in the USA (and thus one of the most available psychoactive prescription drugs)

Do they use tiagabine for anxiety in France? It gets no play in America because it is only indicated for epilepsy and I believe as only adjuvant therapy.

So looks like I have the better quantity then the guy that wants to trade.
I also have a good amount of 1mg Lorazepam, over 30 tablets.

More people are saying to keep my Diazepam. That's what I want to do anyway. Not a huge fan of alprazolam like others are.
Alprazolam is my 4th favorite benzo.

1. Diazepam
2. Clonazepam
3. Lorazepam
4. Alprazolam

I made up my mind, didn't take long either. I'm NOT going to do the trade. I'm going to keep my Diazepam.
They're going to last me longer with the incredible long half life.

I appreciate the replies Bluelighters.

Btw, IM NOT dependent on benzos. I have managed to only use 3 to 4x a month MAX. That's exactly how I have a big stash of benzos saved up.
Trust me, if I was, I would be buying sacks off the street and would be eating them like candy.
It's also an excellent way to keep your tolerance low. When I was abusing them a while back, I would need 2mg of Clonazepam, 2mg of Alprazolam, or 30mg of Diazepam to catch a slight buzz, and I would dose 3 to 4x a day.
Now, 1mg of Clonazepam, or 10mg of Diazepam would get me a decent buzz. I love it.
You don't have to worry about withdrawal or running out of benzos either.

Last edited:
Do they use tiagabine for anxiety in France? It gets no play in America because it is only indicated for epilepsy and I believe as only adjuvant therapy.

Low-Dose Tiagabine Effectiveness in Anxiety Disorder
Tiagabine for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder: a randomized, open-label, clinical trial with paroxetine as a positive control.
Gabapentin and Tiagabine for Social Anxiety: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Crossover Study of 8 Adults

Not really widely used. They withdrew it from the German market because it generated too less revenue. Not because it was not effective or toxic, just nobody was using it. Really weird, because it works. There is really no reason I'd know of why it isn't used more often.

Thats my problem. I have insane crippling panic attacks that need to be treated really quickly. I don't necessarily like the benzo buzz if you can call it that, but I do love the relief from the intense anxiety I feel. I do make one concession, Temazepam...if you want to just zone out on some tv or really get into some music pop two 30mgs and your off. Does have a tendency for slight timetravel though for the inexperienced...however I never take more than my nightly dose to get me to sleep.

@dopamimetic....do you think tiagabine would be a decent substitute for panic disorder? I really don't want to keep relying on the xanax and have tapered off, but I am seriously on edge all the time and worried about panic attacks.

^^ People who actually take benzos as prescribed (for panic attacks, anxiety, etc) don't get high like people who DON'T have those symptoms. Whenever I had or have anxiety, and take benzos, I don't really catch a buzz, but the relief you get from them when anxious feels awesome.

Its exactly like prescription stimulants for people who suffer from ADD/ADHD. When they take the medication it calms them down, instead of being high on speed. People who take Rx stimulants who DON'T have ADD/ADHD WILL get high.

So looks like I have the better quantity then the guy that wants to trade.
I also have a good amount of 1mg Lorazepam, over 30 tablets.

More people are saying to keep my Diazepam. That's what I want to do anyway. Not a huge fan of alprazolam like others are.
Alprazolam is my 4th favorite benzo.

1. Diazepam
2. Clonazepam
3. Lorazepam
4. Alprazolam

I made up my mind, didn't take long either. I'm NOT going to do the trade. I'm going to keep my Diazepam.
They're going to last me longer with the incredible long half life.

I appreciate the replies Bluelighters.

Btw, IM NOT dependent on benzos. I have managed to only use 3 to 4x a month MAX. That's exactly how I have a big stash of benzos saved up.
Trust me, if I was, I would be buying sacks off the street and would be eating them like candy.
It's also an excellent way to keep your tolerance low. When I was abusing them a while back, I would need 2mg of Clonazepam, 2mg of Alprazolam, or 30mg of Diazepam to catch a slight buzz, and I would dose 3 to 4x a day.
Now, 1mg of Clonazepam, or 10mg of Diazepam would get me a decent buzz. I love it.
You don't have to worry about withdrawal or running out of benzos either.

Basically the trade was (50 1mg alprazolam) + (50 1mg diazepam), which is basically equal to (100 10mg diazepam) Trade for (50 10mg diazepam + 70 5mg diazepam = 85 10mg)

So You would be getting a better deal, but everyone has theyre preferred benzo so thats good for you.I personally would have made the trade, used to be rx/d 10mg 3x/day(90/mo), stopped working for me, now I get 2mg xanax bars 2x/day(60/mo)

^^ People who actually take benzos as prescribed (for panic attacks, anxiety, etc) don't get high like people who DON'T have those symptoms. Whenever I had or have anxiety, and take benzos, I don't really catch a buzz, but the relief you get from them when anxious feels awesome.

Its exactly like prescription stimulants for people who suffer from ADD/ADHD. When they take the medication it calms them down, instead of being high on speed. People who take Rx stimulants who DON'T have ADD/ADHD WILL get high.

I'm not sure it's accurate to state that people who have anxiety don't get high off benzos. I'm also not sure it's accurate to state that people with ADD or ADHD don't get high off stims, for that matter. And it seems like an odd analogy, with all due respect.

I disagree that people who have anxiety don't "get high" off benzodiazepines. It actually seems to me like the opposite; people without any anxiety take benzodiazepines, thinking "hey this is a drug, it'll get me high!", but don't "feel anything", so they feel the need to dose higher and higher, until eventually they end up blacking out and doing some really stupid shit.

I hesitate to classify myself as having anxiety, because I think that the condition of "anxiety" is extremely vague & every person on the planet just about will experience anxiety as a natural part of life at some point or another, but I've been diagnosed with anxiety disorders on a few separate occasions, the first time was before I even started abusing drugs. And, while again I don't think that benzodiazepines really make me "get high", they are still...enjoyable. I've known people with ADHD diagnoses who enjoy shooting methamphetamine too, so...