• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Would you continue to take drugs if you knew they will cause you permanent damage?

I've stopped taking drugs because I KNOW they cause me permanent damage...

Everything I do has a reprecussion, and not all of those are ones I enjoy, but I do things still. Just because something will hurt me, or might hurt me, or might hurt someone else I love... I'm not going to be paralysed in to inaction when thats only half the story. Everything that happens, has reprecussions, but not all of them are bad, so I'll face the bad if it means there will be good things too.

probly not. i'd rather live my life and die young, than get to 100 from refraining from all the things i find enjoyable.

and like urbanhog mentioned, there's no doubt that there'll be great medical advances in the future...how far have we come in the last 50 years?

so i'm not particularly worried, i dont really over-do it anyways.

Have I posted here before?
I'm going to die young anyway, and I don't use anything often enough to really need to worry about consequences (Or so I tell myself anyway)

I have significantly cut down on durgs (eg having not had ANYTHING since may, until last weekend when I had a bit of speed) because I could severely notice the effect that big weekends were having on my working week and studies.

My drug honeymoon ended a long long time ago, and in the last year I ahve only had very few experiences that I completely enjoyed.

As I stated, its not the long term damage that concerns me, its the effect that drug taking has on me and my everyday life now.

Interesting question...

I probably would still take drugs. I'm sure that they do permanant damage now, so whether there was 100% chance they did permanently damage me, it wouldn't make much of a difference. If I have a lot, I can feel it after.

However, I do wonder what is due to drugs and what is due to just aging. For example, when I'm writing an essay I'm looking at the thesaurus on the computer more than I used to, because I can't quite think of the word that I want. I've always assumed that it was because of drugs, but lately I've been wondering if it's not. Perhaps because I have been told that drugs are bad and will do xxx to you, I'm attributing things to drugs?

It probably is the drugs. Perhaps I will regret it when I'm fifty or sixty, but so many things are dangerous these days (living under power lines, coca-cola, lipstick, the sun...) - why not have fun now and gain experiences, instead of trying to fend of something that is inevitable (due to just living in the 21st century)?

Ask me in thirty years :)

to put it in perspective i thought i would say no, BUT i do smoke and i KNOW that causes me damage, so yes i probably would still use...it really depends on how severe the damage was....

Life is risk.

You play the odds, choice has little do with how things end up.

At best you get to choose what contributes, but theres just so many factors that you can never eliminate risk entirely from your life.

So no, I wouldn't stop using even if I knew there was some degree of damage resulting. I mean I already assume there's some damage resulting. I guess you just adjust usage according to how bad you think something is for you. If something was really fucking bad for you (eg long term/high dose meth usage) then no i wouldn't do it.

Humans will always be willing to trade long term losses for short term benefits. We're shortsighted, and I cant see us getting better anytime soon.

If I had known the drugs I was taking would cause me (hopefully not) permanent damage, I would have stopped taking them. But it's too late for that now, so hopefully I'll be able to somehow use my experience to help stop it from happening to someone else.

No... Well it depends on what permanent damage you are talking about. If it were something like mental retardation or a severe illness ofcourse i would stop.. However if it were the odd brain cell here and there, ofcourse not.

I don't think I would stop... I would most likely limit my use... But there would seem no point in stopping completely when so much damage has already been done...

But I mean what drugs are we talking about here? All drugs? Cos there are some that I could stop no problem but others would be more of a challenge to give up completely...

But everything these days is doing you damage, and we are all going to die eventually anyway... So why not have some fun along the way... ;)

I'm not an idiot. I know drugs are doing permanent damage to my mind and body. Thing is, I tend to think of my drug taking experiences as beneficial in other ways. I get to spend more time with my friends and share experiences with them we wouldn't normally have. I certainly get more value in the days when I take drugs in that half would otherwise be spent sleeping. I am more self-aware.
Basically, drugs are fun. While they are still fun I will keep taking them, but at the same time try to minimise the damage they'll do to me, mentally and physically.