• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Would you continue to take drugs if you knew they will cause you permanent damage?

I've used coca cola to clean my toilet with (as an experiment), and well the toilet was sparkling afterwards. Yep it's bad for you!
BACK ON TOPIC
I think in all honesty I would still take drugs, no I don't think it would be all that often, but I can't say that I wouldn't. I mean we all have a fair idea that they are going to cause some damage, yet most of us here are willing to take that chance.
I guess however that I've been a believer of "live for now" kinda belief, although at the same time I know when not to make stupid rash decisions regarding my life etc etc. I guess this means that I like to have fun, maybe that's stupid, but that's just me.
However if I knew that I wanted to have kids one day (don't know, that discussion for me is too hard), and I knew the exact damage drugs were going to do to me, then I probably wouldn't do them. I think it would be awkward trying to explain to your kids why you are the way you are.
Sorry don't know if any of that makes any sense??? Will probably edit my post in a couple of days.

Hmmmmm....
THe funny thing is. MOST things we do, if done in moderation, do not do us harm. FOR EXAMPLE... its recommended we have a glass of red wine every day. 'They' say it's good for us. Yet if we indulge this habbit and get shit faced every weekend, the chances of having brain damage or your liver cut in half is increased a hundred times.
I beleive that taking a pill or some goey or whatever EVERY SO OFTEN cannot be bad for you.
So in answer to the question, YES i would stop if there was 100% proof it did MAJOR damage to the brain. I hear a lot of 'COULDS" or 'POSSIBLE' when looking into MDMA and its effects on the brain. But I dont think there ever will be evidence like that... so my answer is no.
But then again, I could die tomorrow right? Live life like there's no tomorrow as they say.....

basically, yes.
i think there is enough evidence to suggest that every time we go out and use substances, there is a chance that we're doing ourselves damage. i think hard proof that it was doing damage might alter my opinion, but i think that already, from observation, you can notice damage.
however, i dont think i have enough self control to stop... i already believe and have a niggling feeling every time i ingest (spelt right?) a substance that the chances are itll do some minor damage... but i do it anyway, so i guess i wouldnt stop, id try to do it in moderation, and my usage is already fairly moderated, but id pay more attention to it...
compare e users to smokers. i know people who smoke who say they "would never try e" because of how damaging it might be... yet, e is not addictive, and you get amazing experiences from it. while smoking is addictive, with no positive effects - except people continue to smoke, KNOWING that they are doing themselves damage, and increasing the risk of developing all sorts of cancers etc
so my conclusion is that most people would still take drugs... there are risks and possibilities in basically everything, yet people dont consider them, so why would they consider them with drug use?

"Do not take the brown acid ... do NOT take the brown acid!"
[my cue to hunt down & eat as much "brown acid" as possible .. ]

I no drugs like amphetamines affect fertility in females. but just because u dont kids ever at 20 dont mean you will change your mind at 30 or something.
But sometimes i do wonder wot sort of long term damages the bikkes are doing? can u really trust wot the government says. after all arent they the ones who are also saying if u take e you'll die like anna wood to school kids?

Originally posted by ~bill:
What about these propositions:
A. I'll give you a million dollars today... but I'm going to shoot you when you're 45.
B. I'll buy you a new car today, but there's a 10 times normal chance you'll get cancer?
C. I'll give you $100 whenever you ask, up to 3 times a weekend, no more than one weekend a month... (if you do it more than once a month, I'm gonna reduce it to $50) The offer is valid for the next 50 years... but you might become a nicer person, have wonderful friends, feel good about yourself, you'll wear more colourful clothes and I'll teach you about trance.
A -- this is normal: most people spend 30 years working to earn a million dollars.
B -- this is like smoking.
C -- this is an offer I'd suggest taking.
BILL
--
signature.c: assertion failed on line 200: "ran out of funny shit". Aborting... core dump.

i still say a big wher3d to this call...

Would depend on when it would effect me, but I wouldn't stop.
If it were to hit me at 40-50yr I would cut back to 25% intake, 50-60yr 50% intake, over 60 as much as I do now, can't think I would be doing anything too exciting then so would rather do it now. Ofcourse if the lower amounts didn't help and it would have to be all or nothing I probably wouldn't stop as you never know when your time will come so better do it all now.
Had some close calls in life already (Not drug related) so most of this stuff is a bonus!
~Jeez, I hope that's what I was thinking~

I don't plan my life a week in advance, let alone make decisions which will affect my life 40 years in advance. Therefore, I'd probably still take drugs knowing full well they'd fuck me up in the long term. I am a great believer in moderation - don't over do the drugs and you'll be right in the long term.
However, the answer I've given above is a very selfish one. I plan to be a grandfather one day and would I want to be a vegetable at 65 and not be able to spend time with my family and friends? Probably not.
So my final answer is....I'll think about it next week :p

My answer to this, is still essentially the same as it was before (page 2 of this thread).

However I have quit smoking, and cut down considerably on any drug usage for reasons other than the harm it could have been causing me.

I think i'm finely at a pouit where i have slowded down and want to slow down more and can see myself quitting entirely or even at most occasionaly use "something"

i think i'm passed or am passing that honeymoon of drug usage

Prolly...I plan on not living beyond 60 anyway due to various reasons, so to be honest I think I'd rather have the experience than the longevity. :)

^^^ i think similarly to that. if i had hard information that my brain was going to be absolute mush if i continue to consume drugs i'd definitely reconsider the amount i take (though i do it in moderation anyway), but most of the positives outweigh the negatives imo.

I would take drugs if I knew if they could bring permanet damage in 20-30 years time, I wouldn't worry too much, the medical sciences will be so advanced in 20 years time.... the medical sciences is so advanced already compared to 5 years ago, so image what the medical technology will be like in 20 years time.... there might be something that will fix how drug damaged organs.

I knew it was going to me damage when I started. I was expecting it would do about the same order of magnitude if damage as alcohol would. I don't regret the good, great and wonderful times. But I do regret the rate which I got involved and the way I have felt ever since. Some things will just never be the same again.

I stick by what I said almost exactly 2 years ago. And once again it should be mentioned - fucking good thread... :)

Mr. Horse said:
Would you continue to do it knowing the effects it will/would cause later on in life.

if i knew what form of permanent damage it was causing then it would be safe to say that i would refrain from usage.