• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

worst letdown of my life

DXMKid, that was really an uncalled for thing to do to you, and I'm so sorry about your friend. :( Sometimes, it feels like life is just taking a shit on us, but like another poster said -- living well is the best revenge. People who are so cruel to do what she did enjoy seeing you suffer. Live well, better yourself and that is how you get over her, find someone better, and hopefully one day she'll realize what she did. That kind of stuff comes back around to bite you in the butt.

I'm sure he would be thankful for that bro.

But isn't this the same situation where you talked to her mom and the mother told you to stay away from her daughter or something? I could be mixing it up with someone else but if I remember correctly it was you. And at that point I was about 99% sure that marked a clear end to the relationship.

You keep giving this girl more and more power with every sentence you type and every thought that passes through your brain. When 2 people get together they pool their self esteem together, so you always feel better when you're with that person. But that feeling is also bullshit because its not your real selfesteem. The way you're feeling now is only a representation of how insecure you were before meeting this girl. She obviously helps distract you from w/e it is you hate about yourself.

But you also have to realize that she is susceptible to the SAME EXACT weaknesses you are. ALL humans have an essential need to belong. And right now she merely has the upperhand because you gave it to her.

You NEED to STOP talking to her. If she calls DON'T fucking pick up. If she texts/emails keep telling her "I'm busy". **IF** you show her any anger at all, that will feel like a compliment to her, you have to understand that. Love is not what your parents taught you or what you learned by watching movies, its a business exchange pure and simple, thats why it often can get ugly at times. If you had played your cards out right earlier, SHE would have been the one obsessing over you, SHE would have been the one wanting to kill herself right now.

But for WHATEVER reason in the world its obvious that you think shes better than you are. And she has NO REASON to ever desire you if thats how you think about yourself. How can she possibly be attracted to a man who doesn't give 1 measily fuck about himself and will endure infinite torture in some sick attempt to fill his own voids? That type of attitude is going to make it EASIER and EASIER for her to look the other way and forget you that much sooner. But if she KNOWS you are in pain, you can use the right now to your advantage. Unless shes a sociopath, theres a very good chance she felt a nice wave of guilt after causing that circumstance. You said she texted you (post 14) but never told us what happened.

Is she texting you in response to a text you sent? Or is she feeling guilty? Because EITHER FUCKING WAY, STOP ACTING INTERESTED IN HER. She is NOT "Juliet", she is a flawed, fucked up creature like every other person on this planet. Her emotions can be toyed with the same exact way shes toying with yours.
But untill you are able to man up and have some self respect, you will NEVER be able to take control back.

If 20 smoking hot girls were standing in front of you naked right now I don't care who you are your mind would NOT be focused on this girl. You prob feel somewhere inside like because she doesn't desire you anymore, that must mean every other woman in this world doesn't desire you. ALL YOU REALLY WANT, is control. To have the decision to be with her if its what YOU WANT.

BUT YOU HAD HER, and you didn't give a shit, cause you kept using drugs and lost her. But now all a sudden cause shes gone shes important? Fuck that. Snap back into reality bro. You are warping the shit out of your mind and doing all this to yourself. If she gave herself back to you'd be happy for not even one week and that would be it. By week 2 you'd likely be using drugs again. This is more about control then it is true love, if the love was ever there in the first place, you wouldn't have treated it like it was disposable. Now shes treating you like you're disposable, what a surprise.

Although if it was me personally I would headfuck this girl into oblivion untill she came crawling back beggn, you DO NOT have the experience to see her for what she is. You are young, you lack experience, and you think shes your one and only soul mate - shes NOT. A man is suppose to be strong, hold his ground, be smart and deliberate with his decisions. Right now you'd prob chop your own testicles off to have her back.
Thats NOT a result of how good a person she is, thats a result of your low self esteem. You're not a piece of shit, you're not hopeless, you CAN and WILL find a girl 100 times fucking better that will put this bitch to shame.

This is the time to start excercising some strength, or else your mind is going to be taken where the fuck this girl wants it to be. Become angry, not by beating up that douchebag, but by showing how little you care for this chick. Do it long enough and strongly enough and very quickly you will put her own self esteem to the test. But at this point you have already given her so much power that I consider it a hopeless cause.

She can blink at you and you'll wanna go on and on about how much you love her. But do NOT forget, you had that chance, if she was ever what you thought she was, you wouldn't have made the decision to use drugs in the first place. You are hung up on control. You want drugs, and you want her. You already proved you couldn't have both. So please move on. You can complain/bitch about how much you hate her but I'm not gonna sit here and listen to how little you care about your own self. Thats bullshit, have some self respect. Otherwise whats the point of even being in a relationship in the first place? I simply have no idea how you expect someone to desire you, when you basically hate yourself. You shouldn't be dating in the first place till you fix that aspect of who you are.

But isn't this the same situation where you talked to her mom and the mother told you to stay away from her daughter or something? I could be mixing it up with someone else but if I remember correctly it was you. And at that point I was about 99% sure that marked a clear end to the relationship.

You keep giving this girl more and more power with every sentence you type and every thought that passes through your brain. When 2 people get together they pool their self esteem together, so you always feel better when you're with that person. But that feeling is also bullshit because its not your real selfesteem. The way you're feeling now is only a representation of how insecure you were before meeting this girl. She obviously helps distract you from w/e it is you hate about yourself.

But you also have to realize that she is susceptible to the SAME EXACT weaknesses you are. ALL humans have an essential need to belong. And right now she merely has the upperhand because you gave it to her.

You NEED to STOP talking to her. If she calls DON'T fucking pick up. If she texts/emails keep telling her "I'm busy". **IF** you show her any anger at all, that will feel like a compliment to her, you have to understand that. Love is not what your parents taught you or what you learned by watching movies, its a business exchange pure and simple, thats why it often can get ugly at times. If you had played your cards out right earlier, SHE would have been the one obsessing over you, SHE would have been the one wanting to kill herself right now.

But for WHATEVER reason in the world its obvious that you think shes better than you are. And she has NO REASON to ever desire you if thats how you think about yourself. How can she possibly be attracted to a man who doesn't give 1 measily fuck about himself and will endure infinite torture in some sick attempt to fill his own voids? That type of attitude is going to make it EASIER and EASIER for her to look the other way and forget you that much sooner. But if she KNOWS you are in pain, you can use the right now to your advantage. Unless shes a sociopath, theres a very good chance she felt a nice wave of guilt after causing that circumstance. You said she texted you (post 14) but never told us what happened.

Is she texting you in response to a text you sent? Or is she feeling guilty? Because EITHER FUCKING WAY, STOP ACTING INTERESTED IN HER. She is NOT "Juliet", she is a flawed, fucked up creature like every other person on this planet. Her emotions can be toyed with the same exact way shes toying with yours.
But untill you are able to man up and have some self respect, you will NEVER be able to take control back.

If 20 smoking hot girls were standing in front of you naked right now I don't care who you are your mind would NOT be focused on this girl. You prob feel somewhere inside like because she doesn't desire you anymore, that must mean every other woman in this world doesn't desire you. ALL YOU REALLY WANT, is control. To have the decision to be with her if its what YOU WANT.

BUT YOU HAD HER, and you didn't give a shit, cause you kept using drugs and lost her. But now all a sudden cause shes gone shes important? Fuck that. Snap back into reality bro. You are warping the shit out of your mind and doing all this to yourself. If she gave herself back to you'd be happy for not even one week and that would be it. By week 2 you'd likely be using drugs again. This is more about control then it is true love, if the love was ever there in the first place, you wouldn't have treated it like it was disposable. Now shes treating you like you're disposable, what a surprise.

Although if it was me personally I would headfuck this girl into oblivion untill she came crawling back beggn, you DO NOT have the experience to see her for what she is. You are young, you lack experience, and you think shes your one and only soul mate - shes NOT. A man is suppose to be strong, hold his ground, be smart and deliberate with his decisions. Right now you'd prob chop your own testicles off to have her back.
Thats NOT a result of how good a person she is, thats a result of your low self esteem. You're not a piece of shit, you're not hopeless, you CAN and WILL find a girl 100 times fucking better that will put this bitch to shame.

This is the time to start excercising some strength, or else your mind is going to be taken where the fuck this girl wants it to be. Become angry, not by beating up that douchebag, but by showing how little you care for this chick. Do it long enough and strongly enough and very quickly you will put her own self esteem to the test. But at this point you have already given her so much power that I consider it a hopeless cause.

She can blink at you and you'll wanna go on and on about how much you love her. But do NOT forget, you had that chance, if she was ever what you thought she was, you wouldn't have made the decision to use drugs in the first place. You are hung up on control. You want drugs, and you want her. You already proved you couldn't have both. So please move on. You can complain/bitch about how much you hate her but I'm not gonna sit here and listen to how little you care about your own self. Thats bullshit, have some self respect. Otherwise whats the point of even being in a relationship in the first place? I simply have no idea how you expect someone to desire you, when you basically hate yourself. You shouldn't be dating in the first place till you fix that aspect of who you are.
your exactly right. and i guess im doing something that i shouldnt be, but im talking to her right now. she said shes so sorry and blah blah blah. i told her exactly what i thought of her little trick, and now im waiting for her to reply.

I'm sure he would be thankful for that bro.

this post is incredible.

The way you obsess about this girl, I'm assuming she is your first?

^^hahaha no defiantly not my first, but defiantly the best out of all the others. shes got something that noone else has.

You come out with me one night and I'll find 10 girls who got something that she doesn't. =]

Comeon bro I know DAMN WELL how this shit will royally fuck with your head. I'm italian myself and italians are sensitive people. My brother tried killing himself after his first serious relationship was ended (his gf cheated with his bestfriend) and my other brother was a complete disaster starving himself for months after his first real break up.

I can't even tell you how the hell I got through my first break up bro, it really will put your spirit to live to the test. So when I say shit like "man up" I know theres a good chance you can't do it because I couldn't do it back then either. Now I can though cause I have the first relationship as an experience and can step OUTSIDE myself when girls do things to see what is actually happening.

But if you search the term "one-itis" and read about it, I guarantee you are feeling every single aspect of what it is.
Heres an important part I c&p'ed for you:

Q- But she's special; she's different; she's perfect for me.

A- As of the last census, there are 6.5 billion people in the world. As the rough percentage of women is 53% of the total population, there are almost 3.5 billion women out there. Are you telling me that you just coincidentally tripped and fell into "the one"? There's a statistically higher chance of being struck by lightning three times than that being your "one special girl".

People often don't realize how true this is. But I've been with at least 20-30 girls in various different forms, short term relationships, 1 week relationships, long term relationships, sometimes casual friendships that became more. And STILL, with every girl I've been with I don't really feel like I've found my "one special girl".

BUT, the first real relationship I was ever in I was damn convinced of it. I look back now and I still love that girl to death, we taught each other a lot about life in general by the experiences we went through... but I look back now and can absolutely see with every ounce of clarity that there was nothing really "special" at all about her.
There guys out there who are PIMPS, dating women left and right, they have money, popularity, social status, they have what it takes to draw women in.
And STILL, after fucking/dating countless women, these men wind up settling at some point with their one "special" woman, just to get married and divorced 3 years later.

You get MUCH MUCH better later in life at picking out women who are truely compatable to your own personality. Its definitely not as easy as you would think. All I ask is that you reconsider your own belief that this girl has something that noone else has. Because we know right now if you started naming what she had, I could take you out with me tonight and find a handful of women who had exactly that times 10.

I know it hurts bro, it sucks completely, and it fucks with your head like nothing else. It takes away your entire motivation to wanna be in this world anymore. It takes the biggest, strongest men down to their knees this thing called women. People kill over infedility, they do horrible things to each other at the time of a break up. Sometimes irreversible things.

I just wanna see you get through this. I'll fucking help you myself personally for the next 6 months thats how much i wanna see you get through this.
I have a special sort of empathy for people going through breakups and its mainly cause I see what they wind up doing to people. My own aunt never dated again after her first divorce. Just swore off dating completely, and has been living the last 30 years of her life completely anti-man. Its sad to see people do this shit to themselves.

Just keep us updated and let us know how you're doing as often as your mood changes. I have a lot of ways to help other then ranting in this thread about what you should do.

Comeon bro I know DAMN WELL how this shit will royally fuck with your head. I'm italian myself and italians are sensitive people. My brother tried killing himself after his first serious relationship was ended (his gf cheated with his bestfriend) and my other brother was a complete disaster starving himself for months after his first real break up.

I can't even tell you how the hell I got through my first break up bro, it really will put your spirit to live to the test. So when I say shit like "man up" I know theres a good chance you can't do it because I couldn't do it back then either. Now I can though cause I have the first relationship as an experience and can step OUTSIDE myself when girls do things to see what is actually happening.

But if you search the term "one-itis" and read about it, I guarantee you are feeling every single aspect of what it is.
Heres an important part I c&p'ed for you:

Q- But she's special; she's different; she's perfect for me.

A- As of the last census, there are 6.5 billion people in the world. As the rough percentage of women is 53% of the total population, there are almost 3.5 billion women out there. Are you telling me that you just coincidentally tripped and fell into "the one"? There's a statistically higher chance of being struck by lightning three times than that being your "one special girl".

People often don't realize how true this is. But I've been with at least 20-30 girls in various different forms, short term relationships, 1 week relationships, long term relationships, sometimes casual friendships that became more. And STILL, with every girl I've been with I don't really feel like I've found my "one special girl".

BUT, the first real relationship I was ever in I was damn convinced of it. I look back now and I still love that girl to death, we taught each other a lot about life in general by the experiences we went through... but I look back now and can absolutely see with every ounce of clarity that there was nothing really "special" at all about her.
There guys out there who are PIMPS, dating women left and right, they have money, popularity, social status, they have what it takes to draw women in.
And STILL, after fucking/dating countless women, these men wind up settling at some point with their one "special" woman, just to get married and divorced 3 years later.

You get MUCH MUCH better later in life at picking out women who are truely compatable to your own personality. Its definitely not as easy as you would think. All I ask is that you reconsider your own belief that this girl has something that noone else has. Because we know right now if you started naming what she had, I could take you out with me tonight and find a handful of women who had exactly that times 10.

I know it hurts bro, it sucks completely, and it fucks with your head like nothing else. It takes away your entire motivation to wanna be in this world anymore. It takes the biggest, strongest men down to their knees this thing called women. People kill over infedility, they do horrible things to each other at the time of a break up. Sometimes irreversible things.

I just wanna see you get through this. I'll fucking help you myself personally for the next 6 months thats how much i wanna see you get through this.
I have a special sort of empathy for people going through breakups and its mainly cause I see what they wind up doing to people. My own aunt never dated again after her first divorce. Just swore off dating completely, and has been living the last 30 years of her life completely anti-man. Its sad to see people do this shit to themselves.

Just keep us updated and let us know how you're doing as often as your mood changes. I have a lot of ways to help other then ranting in this thread about what you should do.
haha take me out sometime. ill bring the E haha. and how the fuck do you know all this! i must be like a book, really easy to read haha

yeah bo is pretty spot on in all his posts haha. but also remember, while there may be a bunch of little differences in all of us, we are basically the same at the core.

Bojangles, you are an incredibly emotionally-intelligent and switched on guy.

Well done, chap.

And to the OP....I hope after the advice frmo him that you are a little better feeling.

No other human is worth hurting yourself or your family or your friends over by doing something unnecessary.

You are actually such an incredibly strong and wonderful person for getting over the drugs and sorting out your life. TBH, its been a blessing in disguise and truly the icing on the cake on sorting out your life.

Time, friends and getting yourself back on the market will all heal your woes in LIFE. Not a couple hours max of feeling good by masking a problem.

Dont try and "fix" yourself if you aint truly broken.

i haven't read much of this thread but i'll comment on what i got out of it so far:

dxmkid you're just young , my mind worked similarly, life will work its self out as time goes on.
its just a part of growing up in life, i guess. suffering over small things that you will later look back on and be a bit embarrassed on how you reacted, because they seemed so important at the time.
as long as you don't make any decisions that will impact your life so negatively you won't ever reach a point of mature understanding or simply be alive to, that is.

Agreed with Bo, you gotta move on and work on yourself. Obsessing over this girl is not going to get you anywhere. What she did was the ultimate kick in the balls. Yet you still love her. I'll guarantee plenty other girls have what she has, you just don't want to see it.

gads...this is my biggest fear. I don't hate men, but I feel like I've thrown a couple away that I loved, and I wonder if I made a mistake. I really hope I didn't fuck up with the last guy. I keep telling myself that he was no good, but I did love him and he loved me. I do believe that. The other guy I loved died, so I feel like my chances are running out. Dammit, that hit close to home, because I don't hate men, but with each one who breaks my heart, I can feel myself getting a little more cold. The last guy told me I was cold, and it kinda hit me hard. After looking back, I *was* cold with him.

i said hi, bet feeling of my life to finally see her again, then she says "im just kidding, im not getting back with you. that was just revenge for what you did to me."

she sounds like a terrible person who likes to play stupid little games. you don't need that crap!

well shes saying she really does want me back. i talked to her and she was crying cuz she felt so bad, and i know its not a trick this time because its the real her, i can normally tell when shes lieing exept for last time cuz i was soo excited, but i really paid attention this ime and shes serious. of course i want to just say yes, butttttt do you think i should? because if it will be like it used to, them i would defiantly say yes and just forget this whole thing. but idk.

^absolutely not, anyone who treats you like she has isn't worth your time. i agree with the other posters that say you should cut off contact.

To be honest, I'd take some time now to work on yourself and getting content with who you are and leave other relationships alone for a while. The most important relationship in your life is the one you have with yourself. Until you're content with that one your other relationships cannot be healthy and fulfilling, and until you can be content being alone you cannot be truly happy with someone else.