• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

WORK SUCKS: Talk About Your Job

Lol hydro. The "higher-ups" have a way of amusing us with their flubs, don't they?! "We're on a deadline? Let's send this over here!" Hope the invites get printed on time.

I liked elementary school. I went to public school. Good times. =D

yeah. she's due in a week and our company is a huge state of transition. had high blood pressure at her doctor appointment today. i'd say she's pretty stressed. fortunately it didn't create a situation.

glad you liked it.

got my first bi-monthly direct deposit today after my raise! about $20 bucks more (after taxes) than before i had to drop off my parents' insurance. i might wanna check out obama's website.

Raises are awesome =D

I can't wait till I get a raise at my new job! I've a few months to think about whether I like this job enough or I want to transfer (and earn more/hour). I'm not worried about it and am taking my time making my decision. I got a special project finished at my old job after having all the data I'd collected get cleared from the system! I wasn't happy lol, but I got the stuff done even faster on the second go. :D

Anyone got anything to share lately? Spring break was this week, wasn't it?

yeah, my little sibling was back in town last week. so it was spring break.

keeping your jobs straight gets confusing, Tude. i can't tell if you're a web developer or a park ranger.

our volunteer coordinator always wants headshots of all the volunteers. one of the girls today was so absurdly attractive. not just pretty, but like a model. huge eyes, 5' 10+, expectedly thin. she gets the award for second funniest volunteer i've ever taken a picture of. she wasn't intentionally funny like number one, but it was the situation. we were off from the rest of the office, in front of the logo by the elevator, and she was so unabashed about getting her headshot perfect. it was fun awkward. especially the way she fixed her hair. i was trying so hard not to laugh that i was near tears.

then the co-founder told me he was just talking with the president, and this might be the best annual report that's come out of the organization. that almost put me in a different kind of tears. the organization prides itself on the annual report and the project has caused me so much anxiety and stress. it still has to go to print and mailing -- which is a significant step -- but i have it in electronic. this guy is some retired, 8-figure net worth, hardened business man that would never stop by my desk to say something like that just to be nice. i still feel horribly nervous about it and skeptical about the comment, and i still feel horribly nervous about the rest of the office seeing it. everyone is anticipating its release. but a little less nervous now. it was another highlight in the day.

edit:
oh, and the reason i clicked this thread was to bitch about being asked to join the planning committee. one of my coworkers has been tasked with putting it together, and apparently there needs to be at least one person from each department on it. planning committee does not mean like external fundraising events; she means like birthdays and the example she gave was like "funny socks friday." my department is four people. one often works from home. one is not an option for weird reasons. the third is about to go on maternity leave. and me. so whatthefuck. this committee would meet twice a month. there has to be a miscommunication. i'm not saying that out of desperation. but our department often gets flack for not being involved. what we do is way different than the frontline service work. the president may think this is a necessary sacrifice to show that marketing/development is not always exempt. please, no.

Last edited:
Lol hydro, I work in a warehouse. =D

Congratulations on your report being so well-liked! I'd say your nervousness led you to perfection. Sucks about the planning committee. I wouldn't want to be part of something so frivolous.

It's payday for me today. I love being paid weekly and not every two weeks...or even monthly!

I used to get paid monthly in the geotechnical engineering industry. It was a FAT check of about $5500 a month, but it sucked waiting for it! Still, that is the industry I love and plan to go back into. Just getting through some life issues right now; taking my time, so to speak.

RE: post #126

I miss having carhartt's like those D's, I remember feeling like such a badass every time I put them on.

enjoy the rat race..

Last edited:
I used to get paid monthly in the geotechnical engineering industry. It was a FAT check of about $5500 a month, but it sucked waiting for it! Still, that is the industry I love and plan to go back into. Just getting through some life issues right now; taking my time, so to speak.

Wish I was bankin' that hard! =D

Good luck! What's the latest on your girlfriend's visa?

So things at work were completely haywire last night in one area. I'd been assigned to a different area, but they ended up sending me over because they knew I'd help them fix it. Tude saves the day! Lol.

How is everyone doing?!?! =D

She got it and arrives tomorrow :D I'll start job searching once she arrives, right now I'm living off savings etc.

Nice one!

I'll be better tomorrow, me thinks. It's hard to get my mind on job searching when my girl is thousands of kilometres away ;)

Glad to hear the visa worked out. Now that you mention you've been living off of savings, you've reminded me that I really need to save more money. Unfortunately, I'm pretty reckless.

How good are y'all with money?

My work kinda sucks right now, two of my coworkers are on mat leave and now our shipper quit without giving a notice so I am swamped with work right now. It is so ridiculous that I just laugh at it so it's not going to be that bad. I mean I can only do what I can right?

On the other hand I am starting my first class for a med subject on April 9 iirc, I am quite excited! Maya is back to night school :) I want to have a back up just in case I want to quit next year or get laid off, you just never know these days..

I feel ya on being swamped with work. We're really short-staffed and many people like calling out of work, so we get spread pretty thin. Fortunately, it's been like this for years, so I'm used to it. New people, on the other hand, drop like flies and/or are overwhelmed.

Congrats on going back to school!

^Are you working a three-man job?

It wouldn't be so bad if one of them waited for maternity but yeah they have put me in a very shitty situation. If they do it again next year I will resign =D

Thanks! I'm so excited!!! At least if I decide to quit earlier this year I wouldn't be jobless for a while.

I FEEL like i should post in this thread/forum a lot more,
considering i've worked just about every job from sales/marketing,advertising,IT,communications,janitorial,grochie store,fast food,..coal mining,tree cutting,power line,landscape, pipe fitting,electrical/IBEW,"field engineer)tower,linework,cable TV. fuck i could go on and on..
my resume is fucking on fire atm. if i tossed that shit @ future boss,and fucked his ole lady while being interviewed he'd hire me on the spot(because he cant hit her G*spot like I can :))

If anyone needs info on any type of work, please let me know. :)
i want to find YOU, yes YOU your fucking dream job.
NSFW:
Google wouldn'tve come to me,..if it wern't for ME using this VERY forum back in the day when i was in college asking for help on how to write a fucking essay.lmao

gotta get the fuck up n try.

Wow, D's. You've certainly done many different jobs! Your input is most certainly welcome and we appreciate your offer to help anyone find their dream job! I do agree, you gotta get up and TRY.

^Are you working a three-man job?

It wouldn't be so bad if one of them waited for maternity but yeah they have put me in a very shitty situation. If they do it again next year I will resign =D

Thanks! I'm so excited!!! At least if I decide to quit earlier this year I wouldn't be jobless for a while.

No, there's a few dozen people where I work. About 100 of them will be scheduled to work on any given night. But on some days, especially Sundays, we've had about thirty people call out. That leaves the rest of us in a bind.

Glad you're broadening your options! That's a pretty messy situation you were caught in, indeed.

Comedian

Thinking of being a comedian. Here are a couple of joke names I came up with: Misty P. Raine, Whitey Jack Hewlett.

Last edited:
Wow, D's. You've certainly done many different jobs! Your input is most certainly welcome and we appreciate your offer to help anyone find their dream job! I do agree, you gotta get up and TRY.

No, there's a few dozen people where I work. About 100 of them will be scheduled to work on any given night. But on some days, especially Sundays, we've had about thirty people call out. That leaves the rest of us in a bind.

Glad you're broadening your options! That's a pretty messy situation you were caught in, indeed.

I'll work with you! I'm sure you can rely on me, I mean I can work a three to four man job anyway. Just give me proper training and you wouldn't regret it! Multitasking is my last name. ;)