• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

WORK SUCKS: Talk About Your Job

^Congrats on the job!

Sounds great. Did you move or are you commuting?

my gf and i moved at the beginning of january. we're about two hours away, and in a bigger city. still have a lot to learn, and it's tricky finding my way around and stuff like that, but really exciting to be somewhere with so much going on. i like working in a "real" downtown.

working downtown is great. in most regards.

i've been having so much job/career related anxiety. if i were fired, it might actually be a relief. that's not happening.

^I feel your pain. The last three days I worked at my old job were completely awful. I was so angry the first day my boss said my face was red. He's cool, though, and he followed up with me on the third day and I was finally able to put my thoughts into words. Hopefully, he'll do something about the issue I brought to his attention and things will improve.

I worked the past three days at my new job and they went great! I was even cracking my co-workers up. They all think I'm quiet because I don't speak to them NOW. As soon as I'm done observing the dynamics of the place and what everyone is like, they're gonna see what I'm really like. :D

I go back to my old job today. Hopefully, three days away will give me a fresh start today.

What other stuff has been going on with all of you lately? :)

19C6F5EA-F778-4FA5-81B9-DA9ADA0848D3_zpsnrkffnbl.jpg

060D4E2B-6A13-4B2C-8985-06548C23D581_zpsw333im3s.jpg

66C62192-16BA-4BED-96C8-9AFE29E7ED8D_zpsv4vzmifa.jpg

Haha! How's your hand doing, D's?

How's everyone else doing?

Last edited:
wtf is spring break? yeah sure

hands doing well. get back 2 the grind monday morning, might be heading to kentucky to do some tower work with stepdad.
ofcourse he goes before me....

niggas gonna be enjoying themselves on the beach while i make rubberbands bank.got a new kitchen sink,yea hands free.not me,gotta be this tall-i mean that tall i ment dont fall,they see me strollin turn up my AC while im rollin,im dien anyway thinkin suicide. flexxxxn on these niggas i b flexxxin
she gotta be sophisticated.

B48AD271-C339-435E-B741-C5BA0BF5E9EE_zpsmrss2eak.jpg

Work sucks but the money is good.

So I'm missing National Pancake Day because of work. It's okay, though. I'll get a bunch of my friends/co-workers to go with me tomorrow morning after work. Hilarity shall ensue!

What do y'all think about your co-workers?

my cubie always tells me what day it is. i thought we already had national pancake day, but it was probably some other breakfast like waffle. i like her.

my boss is amazing. unfortunately i (sometimes) twist her trust in me into crippling anxiety.

that looks crazy, D's.

what do you think of your coworkers, Tude? sounds like you consider some of them friends!

Last edited:
What do y'all think about your co-workers?

I really like my coworkers. I feel REALLY lucky. I know not everyone does. The four people who I am around for 9 hrs (at least) each day are all awesome, in their own way. The part timers in our office, I like most of them too. The other full timers though, I get along with them, it's really really nice.

That being said... I'm trying to figure out why a group of managers seem to hate me. I bend over backwards to do tons of work for them and they still hate on me (for being nice, efficient, and accurate??). Still working on that! lol I like the other people I work with though :p I actually like most of them, just a couple of them don't like me and they are important people :p

i lost my job a couple weeks ago over some bullshit allegations made by someone or people dropping dimes basically. back to the trife life for now

Hydro, it's a mixed bag lol! I'm friends with a lot of them, but some are just really annoying (lazy) and I can't stand them! I'd say I'm friends with most of my co-workers. We all try to help each other and we spend lots of time laughing. Makes work go by faster. Glad you like your cubie and your boss, just don't stress yourself out! Easier said than done, I know.

Llama, your co-workers sound cool. Sucks about the group of managers, but some people are just like that. No matter what you do, they'll just decide to dislike you. The only thing you can do is your job and not let them get you down (which you've been doing). It's their loss, because you're awesome!

Treezy z, sorry about your job and may you find a new one soon! Sounds like you were working with some bad people.

sucks, treezy z.

because of an unfortunate situation with our CFO -- a great guy that had to retire early because of cancer -- we just now received our annual raises. retroactive only to the beginning of this month, but whatever. nonprofit sector. anyway, we were told the CFO puts performance measures go into some horribly complex formula, and out comes a raise that can't be anything more than a few percent, no matter how perfect our performance measures. our budget is a little less than last year's; the max possible raise this year is like 3 or 4 percent.

i got 8 percent. no formula. in so many words, "we hired you entry level and now you're too far away from what you could be making if you took another job. so, even though this isn't that, it puts it in sight, here, with us. please don't fucking leave." bittersweet. i mean, i'm literally making 8 percent more money than i was last pay period. that makes a difference. but this job is a huge source of stress and anxiety for me, and they're right to be afraid i'm going to leave. i'm flipping out because i'm underperforming because of anxiety, and then this. tears my brain into pieces.

That sucks.:\

Are you actually looking for other jobs?

If ur a good enough lookin chick and is only perscribed footballs i see it 4 myself while i walkd the hot dried up tennis courts goin thru shit that was left\after by mostly by judging by their ids they was all good lookin chicks n only had 1 script,2bad atombomb took out all those chicks. Goddamn

Byebye bl off 2 make it in thiz goddamn shit. Was just fuckim given an inhouse job with google,imouties fuckin catcg ya when im papabanksband goddamn bassboat

congrats, D's.

your comment made me smile, Gloop. i'm trying really hard to avoid that brutal reality.

Are you actually looking for other jobs?
if this was directed at me, no. i want to transition fields; i'm a little lost on where to start. i think it would require moving. and my current mental state makes all of this a little difficult. not impossible, so it will happen.

Cool. Hope it happens sooner rather than later. :D

This is random, but whatever. What was elementary school like for y'all?

yeah. it's not a terrible job in the meantime. not what i want to do with my life, but i shouldn't be wrecking myself about it.

my boss just did the silliest thing yet. she's usually a smart girl. dude, there's gotta be some reason she did it that i don't know. like she's acting on something that was said during some upper-managment meeting. we got these invitations from from our designer, which are not great. we had corrections made. they're fine. they're pieces of paper. the event has huge appeal to anyone that would consider attending it, and the pieces of paper contain clear text explaining this. this is event is a big deal for the organization; i do get why she's nervous about it.

the design is to go to our printer at noon tomorrow. the president is on vacation. we fucking got this. instead she sent it to the two highest ranking individuals in the president's absence, and fucking asked their impression and for any edits by 10 a.m. tomorrow. thefuck? luckily they said this isn't really their thing, and it looks fine. one asked if we are going to print these, because she had trouble opening the email attachment. thefuck was my boss thinking? that gave her assurance? cya? nerves? whatever. one did point out something to keep in mind for future marketing pieces. but i already all know. it's just tricky to do. and we're in crunch time. psh, we could have gotten edits from people who do not know two hours before we wanted to send the design to print. and our graphic designer is not internal. interesting.

i liked elementary school. small catholic school, and i was popular. i have fonder memories of rougher years -- high school. you like elementary school?