• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Women and benzos

michael_1992

Bluelighter
Is it just me or are benzos given out much more freely to women than men. A lot of women I know are on Valium and at work I can hear the older women talking about taking Valiums and Xanax to calm down and relax. My brother's gf takes them , many female friends take them, etc. It seems women are prescribed benzos just to get through the day but is much harder for men to get them. I want them to deal with my own anxiety, to calm psychedelic trips, and just to chill out. So I can't say I'd be using them for just the "approved" reasons but anyways- I was just asking if there is likely any truth to my observation. I remember reading that valium used to be called "mommy's little helper" and that seems to support my observation that middle class women and soccer moms get benzos prescribed like candy.

My mother and three of my sisters all have scripts for Valium. We all go to the same doctor. When I told for my doctor I have daily bad anxiety, he prescribed me celexa.

I think you might be on to something here bro lol

Women are more likely to have anxiety disorders than men, so it's possible you're just seeing the prescribing system working as it's supposed to - that is, only people who actually need the medication are able to access it.

Hopefully the doctors keep up the good work. I've yet to meet a woman that I wouldn't prefer heavily sedated.

kids are different today. I head every moter say. Mother needs someting today to calm her down.

I've noticed this too. Not just benzo's either.

I think it's just that the stereotypical drug addict is generally male.

I'm sure I've had a far easier time getting prescriptions for abusable drugs than most guys I know.

Hopefully the doctors keep up the good work. I've yet to meet a woman that I wouldn't prefer heavily sedated.

Maybe it's cause they can tell you're an asshole? %)

They're so hard to satisfy, you can tranquilise your mind
I think six buckets makes a good point.

I've noticed this too. Attractive women seem to get Xanax scripts from male doctors quite easily.

Crimson, that reminds me of the cvs pharmacist who pilfered and replaced xanax tabs with counterfeit ones to give women in exchange for sex.