• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Withdrawing From Short Term Suboxone

Casper9

Greenlighter
Hey All,

First time poster. I tried searching but I couldn't find info on my specific situation. I messed up again. Been clean from opiates for over a year; oxy and hydro were my DOCs.

About two weeks ago I picked up some Suboxone 8mg sublingual strips. I tried them and I liked them. Ended up taking about a full strip a day for a week and a half. 72 hours after my last dose I started to feel the familiar hot/cold spells, fatigue, and depression of opiate withdrawal. Took about 1/8 of a strip yesterday (5 days off my binge) so I could function at a social gathering.

So now I think I have to go through at least some minor withdrawals. Can anyone tell me what to expect? I have enough sub strips left that if I wanted to I could do a taper but I'm not sure if that would be better at this point than just going cold turkey.

Looking online at Suboxone withdrawal I got a little scared but I hope it's not terrible since it was only for about a week to a week and a half.

Thanks,
Casper

Suboxone is a narcotic and the withdrawals will be similar to other opiate withdrawal symptoms though not nearly as bad. You should be alright.