• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Withdrawals/detoxing

Misguided Angel

Greenlighter
So today was my last day using heroin. Not because I have to but because I choose to. I'm tired of letting it control me. I have no money and no way of getting anything to help me detox my self. I'm planning to do it cold Turkey I don't really use a lot but I get really dope sick. Does anyone have any home remidies that will help with withdrawals. I get really bad lower back pain, my bones ache, and I get restless legs at night time it's really hard for me to fall asleep I literally roll around every 30 seconds because my legs and I just can't get comfortable I used today so I hopefully will be good for tonight but tomorrow and the days to come are going to be hell so please if anyone has any suggestions that can help me they will be greatly appreciated thank you.

Well I wanna say..big ups on the call. The home remedies I find to be tricky...when it comes to withdrawal I'm never scared to go to hospital...but if you can't get to one....have you read about the Thomas recipe?
Cold turkey is just that. But you should let at least one person know yr going to be going thru it.
Imodium..anti diarrher..is supossed to really help with cramps...poops...and a lil of anxiety.

I find the goosebumps... Hot n cold..and anxiety to be the worst.
I wish clonidine was OTC...bc to me it works amazing...
Also get some ib prophen...
Some ant acids.

You can try some herbal stuff...valarion root. Get some 5htp..

Hot baths ..showers...

I know if you live in the states like me....just going to the ER and telling them what's going on...most will give clonedine ativian and sometime a muscle relaxer...I'm never tough snuff to do it alone...noone should..have too.

I hope you can find some relief...but also don't be against the hospital either...if you can cope.

Take care. Xxoo

Thank you for the advice. Sadly I ended up using today the withdrawals were so bad I felt like I was gonna die. Would you recommend detoxing my self with a suboxone or is that a bad idea? If I go to the er what should I say? They wouldn't try to section me or anything right?

Thank you for the advice. Sadly I ended up using today the withdrawals were so bad I felt like I was gonna die. Would you recommend detoxing my self with a suboxone or is that a bad idea? If I go to the er what should I say? They wouldn't try to section me or anything right?

No, they won't section you. If I were you I'd do a rapid-taper subutex detox, and by rapid I mean like use it for a week, tops. If you sign up with your local drug outreach program (I assume you're in the UK as you used the term "section) you can get a prescription really easily, just do not listen to them tell you you need to be on it for months and months, you want to use it strictly as a detox tool, not for long term maintenance. This is crucial. I'd also recommend some benzos and gabapentin and/or clonidine for the WDs. Don't try cold turkey, I mean you lasted a day last time? One freaking day? I've failed at quitting enough times but I always at least made it to late in day 2 or the dreaded third day. Who gives up giving up on the first freaking day? You're way, way too weak a person for cold turkey dude. You don't have the strength or resolve for it at all, stronger people can battle through the WDs and get it over with, but you are not one of those people, at all. I mean - one day? So yeah, go to a clinic and get yourself a script.

I'm actually in the States could I still do that here? And I know it's sad I've gone longer cold Turkey before but I was offered some for free I mean most addicts wouldn't turn that down I am not a weak person I just got caught at a bad time my heart and mind wasn't in quitting I'm really upset with my self for giving up so easily and giving in

I'm actually in the States could I still do that here? And I know it's sad I've gone longer cold Turkey before but I was offered some for free I mean most addicts wouldn't turn that down I am not a weak person I just got caught at a bad time my heart and mind wasn't in quitting I'm really upset with my self for giving up so easily and giving in

Offered free smack while withdrawing? Shit man I take back everything I said, every addict would do what you did. I mean its one thing going out and scoring when you're sick, but if you're offered it on a silver platter, who the hell could refuse that when they're kicking? I judged you way too harshly man, 99% of addicts would do the same in that situation so don't beat yourself up. And yeah you can do the same in the States, I think you just have to go to your regular doctor for it.

I want to quit so fucking bad, but what do you do when heroin is essentially being given to u free of charge every single day, and you've literally mastered the art of being a socially functioning addict? But I'm so sick of lying to those who love me most. But also the biggest pussy when it comes to detox. I wish I would have never started using 6 years ago. One thing I have done about a month ago, is switch from iv to just smoking from a dab tool or vape. Does anyone know if it's an easier detox?? In desperate need of guidance and accountability

I'm detoxing too. Luckily I had two 8mg subutex. I fucked up because I had other Meds in my hand at the same time n swallowed it. Duh. Waste. So I took the other half. I feel ok. I was a H addict years ago. Had surgery. Got pain meds. Been on them for over a year. Started running out of my meds too fast. So I stooped back to heroin till I get my script. I took the other half this morning (after not using since yesterday) at 6am cause my dog woke me up. I was really trying to sleep as long as possible. Of course that couldn't happen. So I took the half cause I normally use first thing in the morning. I felt ok. But not good enough. I took half of my second one just now. The subs really help. And you really don't need a full 8mg. Would be nice. I'd take it if I had it. But when they prescribe people that much at a time. That would definitely get you through it. When I run out... Half left probably for bed tonight. I'll go to kratom. Look up kratom on here. Kratom saved me so many times. It's gross. So I put it in veggie capsules. I used to try to drink it. Ugh!! Nasty shit. But herbs for withdrawal. Kratom. And phenibut. I buy mine from mood and mind. Com. And the phenibut I think you can get at health stores. I buy that in bulk online too though. Also nasty taste. Withdrawal and your gag reflex will be at a 10. But after 30-40 min. I feel ok. Ok enough to take care of my 3 dogs, 3 kids 5 cats and a husband that knows nothing about my secret life/problem

Sorry I'm not really sure what to say, just stay strong, stay goal orientated, if your religious pray to God, and DONT GIVE IN.

Go to to an addiction dr. But, since most ppl won't (and I'm not judging because neither did I for any drug addiction, try this that have been proven time and again:

Loperamide...anti-diarrheal you can get OTC. I've read NUMBERS of reports of this helping heroin addicts get off heroin by taking just 6 2mg tabs. I know it works for my kratom withdrawals which are BAD! But careful to lower your loperamide dosage as low as possible until you are off--you don't want to be addicteed to that and it can cause permanent heart damage.

So today was my last day using heroin. Not because I have to but because I choose to. I'm tired of letting it control me. I have no money and no way of getting anything to help me detox my self. I'm planning to do it cold Turkey I don't really use a lot but I get really dope sick. Does anyone have any home remidies that will help with withdrawals. I get really bad lower back pain, my bones ache, and I get restless legs at night time it's really hard for me to fall asleep I literally roll around every 30 seconds because my legs and I just can't get comfortable I used today so I hopefully will be good for tonight but tomorrow and the days to come are going to be hell so please if anyone has any suggestions that can help me they will be greatly appreciated thank you.

Go to to an addiction dr. But, since most ppl won't (and I'm not judging because neither did I for any drug addiction, try this that have been proven time and again:

Loperamide...anti-diarrheal you can get OTC. I've read NUMBERS of reports of this helping heroin addicts get off heroin by taking just 6 2mg tabs. I know it works for my kratom withdrawals which are BAD! But careful to lower your loperamide dosage as low as possible until you are off--you don't want to be addicteed to that and it can cause permanent heart damage.

I've never understood this. Opiod or not, how the hell does something that doesn't even cross the blood-brain barrier help any of the real withdrawal pains? I mean yeah I know it can help stop the runs, but the aching? the restlessness? the hot flashes/cold sweats? the sickness? Surely not.

Thank you for all the advice guy's I really appreciate it. Today my buddy helped me out with a quarter of a suboxone. It helped a lot in still a little achey but it's tolerable and I can function. I really don't want to go to a doctor because I don't want to become addicted to something else it's like trading one addiction for another. I can't wait untill I can just wake up and feel good again without taking anything. It's really hard but it has to be done. I was told by my mother I can go to the ER and they'll keep me there and help me detox can anyone clarify this? I live in Massachusetts if that helps and I also don't have health insurance and again thank you for all the replies it's nice to kno I'm not the only one going threw this. I hope everyone can get the help they need. God bless you all.

hang in there bud
hope you get the help you need by any means necessary

Thank you for all the advice guy's I really appreciate it. Today my buddy helped me out with a quarter of a suboxone. It helped a lot in still a little achey but it's tolerable and I can function. I really don't want to go to a doctor because I don't want to become addicted to something else it's like trading one addiction for another. I can't wait untill I can just wake up and feel good again without taking anything. It's really hard but it has to be done. I was told by my mother I can go to the ER and they'll keep me there and help me detox can anyone clarify this? I live in Massachusetts if that helps and I also don't have health insurance and again thank you for all the replies it's nice to kno I'm not the only one going threw this. I hope everyone can get the help they need. God bless you all.

Dude if they detoxed everyone at the ER for free there'd never be beds for anyone else, you can try looking for public rehab centers, in my experience in the UK they're usually government-funded or some kind of religious outreach program, but they're usually pretty strict and have waiting lists so I'd start ASAP. And if you don't want to trade one addiction for another, why not do a rapid detox off the subutex? Just use for a week or so, decreasing everyday. You'll still get sick at the end but it won't be half as bad as coming off of a heroin habit.

Withdrawals

Yeah true that's what I was thinking it definitely sounded to good to be true my only problem right now is I don't have money untill Thursday and by then if I don't use I should be good right? How long does the withdrawals last I never went more than 3 days cold Turkey before I took a quarter of a sub like 3 hours ago so I'm not that bad right now I'm just afraid of tomorrow

Last edited:
Yeah true that's what I was thinking it definitely sounded to good to be true my only problem right now is I don't have money untill Thursday and by then if I don't use I should be good right? How long does the withdrawals last I never went more than 3 days cold Turkey before I took a quarter of a sub like 3 hours ago so I'm not that bad right now I'm just afraid of tomorrow

I couldn't tell you since the sub complicates it. For me withdrawing off of just heroin by day 6 all the physical symptoms were gone, but subutex might make it a bit smoother but last longer.

Alright thank you for the help. Today is day two I took another quarter of a sub today and I'm doing good no pain or anything at all but that was my last piece of sub so we'll see how tomorrow goes without taking anything.

Last edited: