• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Withdrawal Q

IceBearKnows

Greenlighter
SWIM has been using powder heroin, occasionally cut with Fentanyl (like 1/4 of the time, depending) for six months. This person makes sure to only buy it 5 pts at a time and shares it with his girlfriend. They make sure it's gone in two days, and don't obtain more for a week at a time. They sometimes snort it, sometimes smoke it off foil. The reason these controls are in place is so that SWIM and his girl can ascertain if the drug has a hold on them outside of the appropriated usage period and cease using (or cut back). They have made a pact to never shoot dope.

This weekend was just a 3 day weekend and SWIM's girl is throwing up this morning after the first time they used for 3 consecutive days (still .5, it was just a little better than usual and it carried over, per SWIM).

Because most people I read tend to be talking about IV usage and associated WDs which seem to come on much faster, my questions are as follows:

1) Does dope sickness come like a freight train for newish users? Like does it come on in 6-8 hours like it does for established users, or IV users? Or should new users expect for it to be mild at first, with symptoms getting progressively worse as the user builds more and more of a tolerance? The reason I am asking is because SWIM has continued to use the same .5 (part as a function of cost and packaging, as much as it is the desire to place a ceiling on the festivities) since they began dabbling around Thanksgiving.

For example: SWIM once used Percocet for 5 days straight, probably 50 mg a day and had the runs and a little bit of restless leg and insomnia for about 24 hours. Therefore it gave SWIM a baseline for future events. But thus far, SWIM hasn't had any of those issues, and hasn't detected them in his girl until today. And now SWIM is preparing for her to be asking at the end of work today if arrangements can be made, and is in the usual position of strength to say no. But is worried because it's a couples activity and if she can't play, then SWIM is out of commission as well. It isn't the end of the world for SWIM, but SWIM doesn't want his girlfriend to have issues, but he also doesn't want to feel resented for not having the same sort of attachment. SWIM has been thru this before during his "cocaine period" with a couple of girls.

2) Snorting and smoking as method. Withdraws intensity? How is it compared to IV? I would think it goes a little easier on you. Should we expect to be violently ill? Because SWIMs girl was exorcising demons this AM.

In summation: SWIM expected that because use was moderate and inconsistently consistent that they could dodge the WDs. Is this a pipedream? Unavoidable? So far SWIM is quite comfortable with the routine.

Bonus question: SWIM has a friend who had the typical car accident issue that led to street dope usage. Said buddy had a 150 mg a day tolerance built up from medications, and uses far less dope since it's stronger. But he claims that when he has to use pills, he can't feel a thing unless it's a minimum of 100 mg. Even after not using for long stretches of trying to be clean. Is the friend full of crap? Can the tolerance level not recede?

Thanks to any and all who took the time to read this. Just seeming to find SWIM's situation a bit unique compared to most here.

First, we don't use SWIM here.

I don't completely understand your post.

Have you been taking heroin for two to three consecutive days and then take a week-long break before you do 2-3 days again?

Usually you say that withdrawals get worse the more you have. But I don't really buy this. Some suffers a lot the first time and some just have an easier time with withdrawals. But that you have stayed away from IV use is good. Snorting and smoking heroin however is still something that will influence your body negatively.

Yes for six months, use Fr/Sat....rest Sunday. Take the work week off.

Basically, I expected that if I jumped right in and used a ton of days in a row and indiscriminate amounts I'd be prone to sickness more violent and quicker onset. But since I don't do that, I have experienced next to no WDs. And am wondering what the correlation is between using and getting sick.

It sounds like variations for everyone. I'm hoping I can run across someone with same usage patterns.

She may just be getting a flu or something. But everyone's bodies are different so it'd be difficult to ascertain just what is happening with her. What, If any, are her other symptoms?
If she's not getting sick (flu) and it's not something like food poisoning or pregnancy :)^O), it may just be after effects of a long weekend of use.
If she is withdrawing, it shouldn't last too long and shouldn't be too intense but like I said, everyone is different. If she is, be patient, it won't last forever.

Nothing but nausea, but she's a bit of a hypochondriac, so she is likely going to be doing her own bit of research and possibly attributing things that aren't there.

OK, let's for argument's sake say she is experiencing some light WDs. Are we to expect those to come on immediately now after using Fr night, are we to expect that she's gonna wake up needing a bump Sat morning to avoid being sick? Does the sickness ebb and flow or does it only ramp up no matter how much you use? Some have told me that once your body gets sick, it's always ready for heroin and always ready to be sick when the heroin goes away, regardless of amount used, time clean, etc.

Ehh her throwing up could actually be from being to high. Although it is a symptom of w/d, u will know ur in w/d if its bad enough for u to throw up. Where as doing to much dope and throwing up from nausea is quite likely. Im not saying its not w/d but reread what I said lol.
Has she used again? If she stops throwing up then u know it was w/d.

Ehh her throwing up could actually be from being to high. Although it is a symptom of w/d, u will know ur in w/d if its bad enough for u to throw up. Where as doing to much dope and throwing up from nausea is quite likely. Im not saying its not w/d but reread what I said lol.
Has she used again? If she stops throwing up then u know it was w/d.

No, have no plans on using til Fri night again. So we shall see if this proliferates.

Personally, I do a bump or smoke a foil and feel great, then I nod. And then just sitting up or getting up and getting air makes me sick on occasion. And then after I throw up I feel great and even hungry again. She had this type sickness more at the beginning and then not so much. Now she throws up at the very end.

This time she went 24 hours between throwing up. We wrapped up middle of the night Sunday, and she threw up then. Was OK yesterday, though fatigued. Now today, tuesday, throwing up. I've been doing things as normal. But I threw up like 3x throughout the weekend. Once per session I'd say. And you think that's just being too high? If I do less, I don't nod though.

Not necessarily. If she were a chronic user, that may be the case. W/D are your body's way of fighting back after a chemical it's become accustomed to is reduced or cut off.
But since she's not chronic, w/d's usually start off mild and get worse and then taper. Kind of like driving up a mountain, hit the plateau and slowly coming down the other side.
They most certainly can come on like a freight train and can certainly feel like that to someone who has never experienced them. Once you have been through w/d several times, there are little signs that come on gradually, just to let you know the sickness is on its way but if you've never been dope sick before, they be kind of easy to dismiss. A few for example are being sensitive to cold, cold sweats, yawning, teary eyes, I always get that tingling in my butt cheeks (think playing hide and seek and getting wonky-britches, lol)
But unless you know what w/d's feel like for you, it'd be easy to dismiss the small signs, until the bigger, much more unpleasant ones are right on top of you.
I hope I'm being even somewhat helpful. I start trying to explain something, my mind starts running, then I start rambling, lol

Not necessarily. If she were a chronic user, that may be the case. W/D are your body's way of fighting back after a chemical it's become accustomed to is reduced or cut off.
But since she's not chronic, w/d's usually start off mild and get worse and then taper. Kind of like driving up a mountain, hit the plateau and slowly coming down the other side.
They most certainly can come on like a freight train and can certainly feel like that to someone who has never experienced them. Once you have been through w/d several times, there are little signs that come on gradually, just to let you know the sickness is on its way but if you've never been dope sick before, they be kind of easy to dismiss. A few for example are being sensitive to cold, cold sweats, yawning, teary eyes, I always get that tingling in my butt cheeks (think playing hide and seek and getting wonky-britches, lol)
But unless you know what w/d's feel like for you, it'd be easy to dismiss the small signs, until the bigger, much more unpleasant ones are right on top of you.
I hope I'm being even somewhat helpful. I start trying to explain something, my mind starts running, then I start rambling, lol

Yeah I get the WD thing. But considering that getting nauseous as a function of use and getting nauseous as a function of WD are kinda similar. I didn't have all the symptoms when I felt like I was DT from Percocet, just some.

Tingling in butt cheeks and a heaviness in my hip I attributed that to being part of restless leg.

It is helpful, even determining that it's different for everyone is somewhat reassuring in its own way. I'm just worried about a tipping point. And I'm trying to stay away from the tipping point. I'd rather keep getting sick from using, then being sick from not using.

Usually, getting sick from using makes you feel better afterwards but getting sick from w/d's makes you feel horrible afterwards. Ime, I try to chew it back as long as I can because once it starts, that's it. It blows up and it's not pretty.

I stopped using 36 hours ago, and per the usual (sorry for TMI) I have experienced a loosening of the bowels, and can't seem to hold anything in. This will persist through the day. Then after that I am done. I guess when I am using it constipates me? Hence all the immodium advice I see?

My buddy told me that immodium breaks the blood/brain barrier and helps sedate also? Not a high, but a calming effect?

Yes Imodium is an anti-diarrheal OTC med but primarily it is an opioid and has the same effect as opioid induced constipation would, nothing more. In high doses it crosses the BBB as an opioid and creates the effects of an opioid high (varies based on the individual) and that is why it effectively manages we. It, however, is a dirty kinda high IMO and too much causes very unpleasant and dangerous side effects from visual disturbances to cardiac irregularities.

Sounds like Benadryl tripping. Thanks. Still haven't felt sick, but am noticing that the sleep I get during and immediately after my H sessions is worthless. I feel exhausted for a day after. Definitely going to have to scale back to once a month. I am the kind of person who does whatever is around if it's decent, and feel no attachment. My girlfriend is going to be a more difficult sell. She loves the H effects for her PTSD. As long as I have my cannabis I can survive pretty much anything.