• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Wisdom teeth removal - pain meds?

jleb12

Greenlighter
I am getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth out next week (I'm going under general) and my surgeon gave me 2 prescriptions to fill beforehand, antibiotic and ibuprofen 600 (lol what)

I didn't want to seem suspicious and ask if I would be getting anything else. Do you think he will prescribe me the actual pain medication (hydro or Tylenol 3) the day of the surgery or is this all I'm getting? I'm super nervous about the pain afterwards.

The oral surgeon may give you percocets, codeine, or vicodin, or they could just give you the ibuprofen at 600mg.

It depends upon if your wisdom teeth are impacted or not. The pain is not that bad but they give you anesthesia, which means you will probably get nitrous to inhale. Good luck. To reduce the swelling for the first 24 hours put ice on your face every 30 minutes or that's what they told me to do. I don't remember anything about the surgery besides inhaling nitrous and I did not feel the injection of Valium they gave me which is good since I do not like needles.

I am getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth out next week (I'm going under general) and my surgeon gave me 2 prescriptions to fill beforehand, antibiotic and ibuprofen 600 (lol what)

I didn't want to seem suspicious and ask if I would be getting anything else. Do you think he will prescribe me the actual pain medication (hydro or Tylenol 3) the day of the surgery or is this all I'm getting? I'm super nervous about the pain afterwards.

ibuprofen is almost a given due to it being anti inflammatory and anti biotic because there is a chance you'll get an infection

and the pain meds is really up to what the dentist will you give you, most give out T3 but if you feel you need something stronger most dentist are understanding
because well it hurts like a somebitch
you can always call them to give you something stronger like hydro or vicodin

i wouldnt flat out ask for anything until post extraction because in all reality you dont know how much pain youll exp