• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will this taper work??

ElevatedSoul

Bluelighter
[Help!]Taper Schedule Needed.

So I've been doing anywhere from 8-12 10mg oxys a day for 2 weeks now. I want to know if this simple taper would work. First day 80mg, Second day 70mg, Third Day 60mg, and so on 10mg less everyday till I stop, If this wont work, whats the best taper for the least amount of oxys? I want to get off them but keep my script around for later use if need be. So I'm trying to use as little as I can to taper while still being able to get rid of most withdrawal symptoms.

edit: I've gone through 2 WD's over the past 3-4 monthes to take breaks and to prove points to friends that Im not mentally addicted, just physically.
I have 50 10mg oxys and can get a few more from my script if need be. Any help would be GREAT. Like I said, I've been doing anywhere from 80-120mg a day. If you could lay out an exact taper schedule for me with the 50 pills I have, I'd love you FOREVER.

Last edited:
If this is your first binge on opiates then I would reason that you could go cold turkey, as 2 weeks of use, may only have minor withdrawl symptoms. But if you are experienced with opiates and have been through the whole binge, then detox thing, then i would taper like this: 80mg, 60mg, 40mg, (assess how you feel), 20mg, 10mg, 5mg, 0mg, something like this. And for HR purposes i have to mention that you are playing with fire and i advise you to get our while your ahead, as opiate addiction is a hell that you DO NOT want to familiarize yourself with.

Cheers mate,

OB

Agreed. If you are going to taper you could probably go 60mg, 30mg, 10mg, but after only a two week binge withdrawals will be minor or nonexistent probably, so you could also just cold turkey and you'd probably be fine.

So if I did the taper I listed, would that be even a safer bet because Im only going down a little a day? And I'v been through WD's twice in the past.

Agreed. If you are going to taper you could probably go 60mg, 30mg, 10mg, but after only a two week binge withdrawals will be minor or nonexistent probably, so you could also just cold turkey and you'd probably be fine.
I found this on a .gov website that has taper schedules, is this the best way to go?

Oxycodone CR:
– Decrease dose by 20-50 percent per day until you reach30 mg/day
– Then decrease by 10 mg/day every two to five days

Did you go all the way through withdrawal those two times or did you start and then cop? I know withdrawal sucks bad, I go through it often, but you can kick it if you want to. I can get rid of just about every physical symptom now except RLS. To overcome the RLS at night I just take a couple Benadryl. My habit is slightly less than yours. If you have enough self control to taper then more power to ya.

Did you go all the way through withdrawal those two times or did you start and then cop? I know withdrawal sucks bad, I go through it often, but you can kick it if you want to. I can get rid of just about every physical symptom now except RLS. To overcome the RLS at night I just take a couple Benadryl. My habit is slightly less than yours. If you have enough self control to taper then more power to ya.
I tapered to decrease the WD's the first time. I didnt have enough to do a full taper then though. I have a good amount now so I definitely want to try and taper to get most of the effects from WD's to even hit.

I found this on a .gov website that has taper schedules, is this the best way to go?

Oxycodone CR:
– Decrease dose by 20-50 percent per day until you reach30 mg/day
– Then decrease by 10 mg/day every two to five days

I actually think this is a pretty reasonable taper and should cause minimal pain and discomfort. If you are really in tune with your body, why not start the taper and not do another dose until you're uncomfortable. You should be able to keep pushing your next dose further and further out until you've both reduced the amount you're taking AND reduced how often you need to take it. Just a thought.

u are better off going through mild WDs than tapering. IMO because only a couple weeks will not cause bad WDs if any at all. i have friends who say they can use for a month everyday without anything more than mild WDs