• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will the ER help you for withdrawal?? In US

Every single time I leave my pm doc they schedule my next visit. I don't understand why this didn't happen for you.

Every single time I leave my pm doc they schedule my next visit. I don't understand why this didn't happen for you.

EXACTLY.

His story doesn't add up at all. The ER will spot him a mile away.

The tell tale sign of a Junkie Bullshit Story is how every element of it is all mapped out to justify and explain why he can't be stabilized in any other way except more opiates.

Just look at his wall of text there. He had every little contingency covered, all of which involves the entire world shitting all over him to create this one in a million "unique" set of circumstances.

tacodude, seems like you don't know the meaning of the saying, it means "doesn't do shit for no one" = you better be ready to do it yourself. But why you're going off like that anyway?
I can't explain it to you if you don't understand. I may completely disagree with your opinion, but agree with the freedom of choice of opinions.

I say it as I'm tired of seeing people rationalize their judgements, opinions, and actions based upon G-d's will when there's many cultures that essentially think of Satan being G-d. Religion is only metaphorical and a way to express rationalizations of beliefs that only become logical when combined with factual evidence, but should not be expressed as something to rely on to base ones motivation to live nor how to live.

I also never said just to do it yourself, but I do believe no one will do anything for you unless you do something for yourself. Anyways I digress this is going way off topic.

People who use god to justify other people's suffering are sick. They're fucking sadists and it's only our religious infested culture that doesn't discourage the behavior. It's sociopathic, but it super duper helps justify capitalism. Gaia should open a can of whoop-ass on that Silence of the Lambs judeo-christian MFer and his houses of worship built with blood.

It's not even Christianity or catholism, but the zelous ideology the only way to be good is to submit to a higher power, but that's just a bull shit way to absolve oneself of personal responsibility. Really though this discussion is one that deserves a new thread if continued... Really this thread should be closed at this point as op questions are answered and this is off topic.

ER will call you a junkie and charge you 2k for saline

Kinda agreeing with this

Never been to er for wd but, Docs and drug use are for the most part two separate entitys. Sadly, they don't care about the suffering of addicts....No matter how you became that way. I think that problems are problems and should be treated as such, but doctors despise addicts of any kind as a general rule, "drugs" especially, first hand knowledge here... Not sure how to help you here I just know that it sucks

Yes, I missed an appointment, and rescheduled it. I have been going there for seven years though. Rarely do I miss appointments. But I didn't realize I only had 1 month script. My doctor (the only nice one there) is gone for the entire month....

I ended up GOING THERE IN PERSON to speak to the nurse/assist, not the stupid phone people. Which they ended up asking the other asshole doctors and guess what they said..... "we won't prescribe any Cll meds to you, even to last you to your appointment".
I was like WTF!?! So then I told the nurse I've been taking pain meds for 7 years, and I would be out for weeks. So she went back to the doctor to ask. He said "no" again. I then told the nurse "I can't just cold turkey quit 100 mg++ of Oxycodone"............. I'll get VIOLENTLY ill. What do I do?? She looked up to records and saw I was what I was on, and knew the doctor was being insane. (I normally see a diff doctor who's gone for the month, but same office)

She (the nurse) realized how crazy the doctor was being, so she tried again to ask the doctor to give me something. She couldn't get the doctor to even do something like Tyneol 3!!!! Even though I have been on Hydromorphone and Opana!! Wtf! Finallyyyy the nurse got him to give me..............1 Tramadol a day! 5 tablets only. Are you kidding me!?! That was literally a spit in the face and a f*** you move.

In a couple days I will be fully out and I'm scared.

But the front desk lady flat out told me you have to wait until your next appointment and "too bad". And said are you new here? I said no I've been coming here for seven years and I've never seen you before (SHE was new). She then said well you're just gonna have to be without medication. She told me they would kick me out if I get a pain meds from any doctor.... Which is my only option at this point.

That was by far the worst doctor experience I have ever encountered.

I can't explain it to you if you don't understand. I may completely disagree with your opinion, but agree with the freedom of choice of opinions.

I say it as I'm tired of seeing people rationalize their judgements, opinions, and actions based upon G-d's will when there's many cultures that essentially think of Satan being G-d. Religion is only metaphorical and a way to express rationalizations of beliefs that only become logical when combined with factual evidence, but should not be expressed as something to rely on to base ones motivation to live nor how to live.

I also never said just to do it yourself, but I do believe no one will do anything for you unless you do something for yourself. Anyways I digress this is going way off topic.

Offtopic yes but to clarify: I'm not only an atheist but an outspoken atheist, religion and esp. organized religion is a form of disease imo. I know that people will have a different understanding of this saying depending on where they're from. In the US where Christianity/God has quite a different significance many people might use it in a scriptural sense but in Europe the expression is generally understood in an atheistic sense, it means there is no God and you better not trust on your good fortune and the help of your fellow human beings when the going gets tough so you better be prepared to get things done on your own.

i always love it when a group of degenerates attempt to rationalize their own mistakes as 'the will of our loooord jesus christianson'
and i'm not saying that addiction is some sort of personal moral failure, i know its hard, but yeah when people just pass off any accountability they may have to god, allah , jah or fucking john lennon it just makes me laugh

but yeah we are sooo off topic

If I did a methadone clinic doesn't that go on my record? Closest one is 60 miles... And I'm trying to get off this stuff, but NOT cold turkey with violent withdrawals.
Methadone seems like it would just get me more addicted?

If I did a methadone clinic doesn't that go on my record? Closest one is 60 miles... And I'm trying to get off this stuff, but NOT cold turkey with violent withdrawals.
Methadone seems like it would just get me more addicted?

i'm not sure because i don;t know the american system but in the UK, yes, it would go on your medical record
but if you're trying to get off the stuff why would that matter?

methadone could just hold you until your refill then you could start to taper down with that

but yeah, if you don;t wanna CT then you'll either have to stretch those trams out, buy drugs off the street or get some methadone to hold you til the weekend or whrnevr you get your refill

Why is it that you can't quit 100mg+ of oxycodone cold turkey? Tons of us do it all the time. I'm personally on day 3... again from 120mg+ a day. It sucks but it's not what you are making it out to be.

You're in a shitty situation sorry, but you really should have been on top of things. No excuse to miss an appointment. I hate to sound cruel, but if you have been there for 7 years you should've known better especially with regulations getting tighter.

That said there is the possibility of poppy seed tea, but then you would fail a drug test. Kratom is probably your best bet, but make sure you get raw leaf as the enhanced extracts are known to contain other stuff. Also do not try to use anything else as even one time use can show up even two weeks later as metabolites, which I say from experience. I don't suggest risking using anything else even if you haven't been drug tested in a while.

Again I hate to sound cruel, but you're in a bad position that sadly you let yourself get into. It may seem cruel what the doctors are doing, but they are trying to protect themselves. This is coming from someone who was cut CT from 60 mg opana (iv too) daily with 120 mg oc er when my doctor retired and no one wanted to take over even though I was ready to ween as they expected that to happen sooner, which if my norovirus was not neglected and written off as withdrawals I would've dropped my dose rather using more to combat the violent bile vomiting leading it to last a month vs less then a week when it hit months later and my doctor at the time explained exactly what it was and how to overcome it.

Seriously though use the Kratom and start reducing your dose asap as it is your best bet besides using the tramadol which is an snri pro-drug to an opiate so it can really affect your mental health. I honestly think it should not be scripted like a regular opiate and more of an anti depressant. Don't get me wrong it works for pain and you may find it useful, but it's extremely irresponsible for them to script it to you expecting the pharmacy to explain to you all the intricacies of the medication such as seizure risks in high doses, which I'm sure will be tempting to attempt as I doubt it's near equivalent to the oxy doses you are prescribed. That would be something to file grievance about, but don't expect it to change your situation at all.

Just going to throw this out there- I wouldn't recommend you go to a methadone clinic as a pain patient. First, most clinics in the US have wait lists. Some of the ones that don't take insurance might accept you, but there's a high chance you'd still be screwed if you live in an area where the only one is 60mi away. Also, I don't know if clinics are registered with prescription databases (probably, they have dr's working there) but even if you go to one and say you're an addict as opposed to a pain patient, they could still look you up in the script database run by your state and figure it out. The methadone clinics in my area, (there are several, like 5+ w/in a 30mile radius) none allow pain patients to enter into treatment without first making them go to an inpatient detox, and then basically forcing them to use street drugs upon leaving just to get on with the clinic. Stupid, I know, but I'm willing to bet this occurs in other locations. If you managed to get onto one you'd effectively screw yourself out of pain management now and for the foreseeable future.

Methadone clinic is your best bet...and no i dont hink it goes on your record..but if it does explain your situation to your doc when he gets back

I already stated the risk of labels developing by going to a clinic even if you present your situation straight forward. You definitely would lose your pain meds if you didn't discuss it and it was found out. If you do go don't expect to use it as a band aid, but something you'll have to continue along side your script if you do using the done to maintain and manage your dependency and reduce your tolerance over time and the oxy for breakthrough pain. You will have to be straightforward with the clinic and your doctor likely reducing your oxy script. None of this is certain though this is all speculation. The wait list issue might be true too.

Again Kratom is your best bet just don't get the extracts that might contain something life o-dt, which could get you kicked out of the pain clinic although if it was o-dt the tramadol script would explain it..... You're really in a difficult situation.

Lol, the ERs in my area, will not give you any type of opiate for withdrawl, consider yourself lucky if you are offered they're detox , which then, u can recieve bupe or methadone briefly, which is strictly inpatient. On an outpatient ER visit, you get five ambien tablets, some nausea pills, and clonidine.