• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Will Taking LSD after an MAO inhibitor kill me?

Well, Last night, without knowing about mixing nutmeg and such, I consumed about 80 powdered seeds WITH the nutmeg and some Adderall sprinkled on top :p I felt absolutely fine, and feel the same today, Just last night my left leg muscle cramped up badly. Probably nothing to do with it anyway, But i believe mixing the two actually intensified the high, and made it crazy good.

I merged the 2 threads.

You really should just wait to have a clean system.

LSA is actually known to cause somewhat strong vasoconstriction (tightening of veins and arteries); that's what caused you leg pain, adderall also helped with that.

Just wait man, your body needs to recover. Trip when you have a clean system.

So wait - before asking about this, you *already tried* the combo you then thought might kill you without researching potential interactions at all beforehand? And to top it off, you threw in some amphetamines?

This is why we can't have nice things. -.-

Seriously, though. The only drug advice I feel comfortable giving you is to stop taking them until you're mature and responsible enough to do *basic* safety research before combining multiple drugs whose effects you are clearly not very familiar with. You thought MDMA=LSA=LSD; to me, this says you have no business taking any of the three until you do your homework. Just because some drugs are easy to get legally doesn't make them safe and it certainly doesn't make them toys to take so irresponsibly. Go around eating random combinations of drugs like this and sooner or later, one of them probably *will* kill you.

You are way too confused about everything you're doing to be taking any of it.

Oh wait, what solistus said.

I'd be reading up on www.erowid.org before taking any of the drugs mentioned above. If you don't even understand which is which or what does what then I'd strongly suggest you do some research before dosing multiple drugs.

I did over 8 hours research on Erowid last night... And as for drug combinations, i'm just asking if what i did last night will effect what im doing today.

I've looked into every possible scenario that could happen and what could go wrong. Yes i'm stupid i know. And i only put a tiny pinch of addy in there. barely enough to kill a fly

adderall is speed. speed+MAOI=death via serotonin syndrome. you obviously havent looked into all possible scenarios.

Well, then answer me this... I am prescribed Adderall. I've been taking it everyday for the last 2 weeks. I havent taken it Friday, or today. Am i safe to go to town on this LSA?

Here's info i pulled up on Morning Glories a few days ago:

Oral Ipomoea violacea Seed Dosages
Light 50 - 100 seeds ----1.5 - 3 g
Common 100 - 250 seeds----3 - 6 g
Strong 250 - 400 seeds----6 - 10 g
Heavy 400 + seeds--- 10 + g

I'll be taking about 280.

-------------
Onset : 30- 180 min
Duration : 4 - 10 hours
Normal After Effects : 2 - 24 hours
Please Note: Some individuals report lasting visuals and feeling off baseline for more than a day after taking moderate doses of morning glory seeds.

The seeds are not ingested whole--they are not active in this form (Kinross-Wright 1959; B.P. Reko 1934). They are ground to a fine powder, which is then steeped for several hours in cold water, after which the solid matter is filtered off and discarded. The liquid is then drunk neat or with juice for flavoring." (Ott Pharmacotheon 1993, pg. 140)

You managed to look that up but didn't know the difference between LSA, LSD & MDMA??

:\

yeah, but it's the stupid sources i got it from. Sources i got it from say that. So I need to check my sources before i believe them

You cant take MAOIs with adderall or MDMA. Both are of the amphetamine family, either would kill you via serotonin syndrome if you mix with MAOIs.

ok, let me explain this fuckign again.
THE NUTMEG HAS THE MAOIS IN IT.
THE LSA IS NOT A DAMNED MAOI, AMPHETAMINE+LSA IS FINE. THE NUTMEG's MAOIs will probably be in your for a while, wait a week or two. ITS THE DAMNED NUTMEG FUCKING ALL THIS UP, not the LSA or AMP, or MDMA(?). and how do you know this LSA is as strong as 300mics, thats strong as fuck. I smell shit..
how about you start by not doing shitty drugs like nutmeg, and get some basic comprehension skills. NEITHER AMPHETAMINE NOR MDMA (why did you involve that, its obvious you dont roll..) NOR LSA IS A MAOI.

Last edited:
I was reading Erowid vaults again, and this guy takes them

DOSE:

T+ 0:00 40 g oral Nutmeg

T+ 0:30 275 seeds oral Morning Glory

BODY WEIGHT: 175 lb

He said it felt fine.

Don't take stimulants and LSA together.

As you probably found out with the leg pain, both are vasoconstrictors.

Also many people find stimulants + psychedelics to be difficult/unpleasant.

A. Don't trust trip reports on erwoid, people are fucking stupid.
B. Get your fucking drug names right, LSA, LSD and MDMA as stated above are not the same.
C. Yes, LSD after an MAOI might kill you.
D. You didn't eat an MAOI "It is a common misconception that nutmeg contains monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI's). This is untrue...." Encyclopedia Britannica
E. So you never did take an MAOI and this thread is pointless.
F. Nutmeg is kinda unpleasant but rather unique, the rest of yall need to STFU on judging the drugs other people use, its all good to help people shoot H on bluelight, but talking about eating some nutmeg and everyones telling the OP to "get real drugs". Fuck that keep doing all natural hallucinogens that most people are too pampered to handle the comeup up/down from.
G. As an amph user (script as well) ill tell you, dont mix amphs and pyscs, it ruins the introspective aspects of trips and really lovers the overall value. If your already doing drugs with painful side effects you may as well get the most from their therapeutic potential.

Sorry if im angery today, got cock blocked, still huger over and ave not had my AM bowl of danks yet...sigh.

I've taken LSD with pharmahuasca and mushrooms. It didn't kill me, I had a great trip (it did however make me go partially crazy for a few months after the trip). I don't know about nutmeg and LSA, I've never done either. From what I've read on the subject, LSD isn't metabolized by MAO, so MAOIs don't effect LSD at all. I'm not sure about LSA, let alone morning glory seeds and any other alkaloids that may be present in them. LSA would be fine with an MAOI if it was pure.

^To the poster above me- all natural hallucinogens aren't neccesarily less bad for you then synthetic drugs. Many of them are far more harmful then heroin.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I downed the bottle of the extracted LSA about an hour ago, and im definetely feeling it, pretty nice. I'll keep checking up in an hour or so to tell you how its going...

So far, small stomach ache... Nothing you can't deal with though. Some Alkee will take care of that.

Things are becoming a bit harder to focus on, small waves.