• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Will Taking LSD after an MAO inhibitor kill me?

Trinityxx

Greenlighter
Last night, I took 31g of Nutmeg, and wow... that was trippy, Colors were more vibrant, things seemed brighter, and music was just wow.

Now today, after preparing over 280 morning glory seeds, washing them thoroughly and grinding them to a powder. I am putting the powder in a small dish of water and waiting for the LSA to extract, then drinking the powder and water to give a good effect. This method was used by the Aztec and Myan healers before assessing their patients.

My question is: After taking Nutmeg, an Active MAO Inhibitor, will it react badly with the LSA (which the amount im taking tonight will be like 1 hit of acid equal to .300 of LSD or something) anyway, will it react badly with the MDMA (LSD) and kill me? or no because its a low amount?

I don't want to die, I havent tried all the drugs yet.

****** This is a response i got from yahoo answers :p

According to wikipedia....

"It is a common misconception that nutmeg contains monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI’s). This is untrue; nutmeg should not be taken in combination with MAOI’s but it does not contain them"

I don't think it should matter... But I don't know very much about LSA. If you're concerned you might want to wait a few days for Nutmeg you took to leave your system.

Figured I'd asked you guys too because you seem experienced :D haha

Last edited:
Will taking LSD after another MAO inhibitor kill me?

Last night, I took 31g of Nutmeg, and wow... that was trippy, Colors were more vibrant, things seemed brighter, and music was just wow.

Now today, after preparing over 280 morning glory seeds, washing them thoroughly and grinding them to a powder. I am putting the powder in a small dish of water and waiting for the LSA to extract, then drinking the powder and water to give a good effect. This method was used by the Aztec and Myan healers before assessing their patients.

My question is: After taking Nutmeg, an Active MAO Inhibitor, will it react badly with the LSA (which the amount im taking tonight will be like 1 hit of acid equal to .300 of LSD or something) anyway, will it react badly with the MDMA (LSD) and kill me? or no because its a low amount?

I don't want to die, I havent tried all the drugs yet.

****** This is a response i got from yahoo answers :p

According to wikipedia....

"It is a common misconception that nutmeg contains monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI’s). This is untrue; nutmeg should not be taken in combination with MAOI’s but it does not contain them"

I don't think it should matter... But I don't know very much about LSA. If you're concerned you might want to wait a few days for Nutmeg you took to leave your system.

Figured I'd asked you guys too because you seem experienced haha

tomorrow are you gonna lick a frog ? or are you gonna smoke the inside of a banana peel...?

Both. But listen man, i know it seems stupid as fuck, but it's all i can get my hands on right now. Whether you think its stupid or not, its a good alternative to the actual substances when you cannot get ahold of them. So stop being a douchebag, and help. If not, then dont answer.

Both. But listen man, i know it seems stupid as fuck, but it's all i can get my hands on right now. Whether you think its stupid or not, its a good alternative to the actual substances when you cannot get ahold of them. So stop being a douchebag, and help. If not, then dont answer.

I wouldn't use MAOI's at all, but since you did, why not wait to take the acid? You may have a very intense and unpleasant experience, I would think theoretically speaking, if the MAOI effect was very strong or was still lasting, etc.

I'm not sure what would happen if you combine it though I am just thinking theoretically.

I would not take LSD recklessly without knowing it's safe first, let's see if anyone else has a good idea.

what the fuck kind of LSD do you have, MDMA is an entirely different compound.

My question is: After taking Nutmeg, an Active MAO Inhibitor, will it react badly with the LSA (which the amount im taking tonight will be like 1 hit of acid equal to .300 of LSD or something) anyway, will it react badly with the MDMA (LSD) and kill me?

LSA, LSD & MDMA are all different drugs.

LSA is what is contained in Morning glory seeds.

yeah, you will be taking lsa if your taking morning glories. like fest said, lsd lsa and mdma are all different drugs (i have no idea why you even mentioned mdma...) sounds like you need to do a lot more independent research before partaking in these drugs.

but i would find it unlikely the nutmeg would adversly affect the lsa. i have never heard nutmeg being called an maio. though both are known to cause stomach upset. personally id wait until the nutmeg totally clears from your system (at least 36 hours) before ingesting lsa.

why would you take nutmeg in the 1st place? Nasty shit, doesnt even look like its recreational at all because of the side effects and duration

Now today, after preparing over 280 morning glory seeds, washing them thoroughly and grinding them to a powder.

Dude, what the fuck are you talking about???

The title says you're taking LSD.
Then you talk about washing morning glory seeds; Morning Glory = LSA.
Then you say LSA = LSD.
No. They are two different drugs.
Then you ask if MDMA (LSD) will kill you.

MDMA is NOT LSD. MDMA is MethyleneDioxyMethamphetAmine, commonly called Ecstasy.
LSA is NOT LSD. LSA is Lysergic Acid Amide, commonly called Morning Glory.
LSD is NOT LSA or MDMA. LSD is Lysergic Acid Diethylamide, commonly called Acid.

You actually will die. I am not kidding. I know that that sounded kinda funny, but seriously MAOI + lysergic acid = Death, dont do LSA either.

sorry I did not read the full thing but WTF... MDMA and LSD = different.........

Nutmeg doesn't contain MAOIs so you don't have any in you. BTW, please don't take nutmeg again, nasty stuff, much better stuff out there that's not too much harder to obtain. You'll get more resourceful the more you look around and then you'll be able to find the really good stuff. You just can't ask for it on here. :)

I'm going to go out on a limb and think you simply have an Morning Glory seed preparation (LSA). You'll probably okay to take it but I would wait til next weekend in case the nutmeg has you not at your prime.

Have a read through our Morning Glory/LSA thread for more info. Take note of the links in the first post. :)

I'm going to close this one. You can ask any more questions in the thread I linked or feel free to PM me directly. :)

Edit: Well, sorry about that I jumped the gun and thought I knew what I was talking about but I had a doubt and did a quick Wiki search. Nutmeg does have a mild MAOI component. Morning Glory likely won't be too dangerous but it will be stronger than without an MAOI. It also likely won't be as clean and pleasant of an expereince (something MG isn't known for anyway). The MAOI component will increase side effects and will make it rougher.

I'd advise to just wait til next weekend and stay away from nutmeg. ;)

I checked it out and nutmeg does contain a mild MAOI. It might make the experience have more side effects and a bit rougher but LSA+MAOI isn't physically dangerous.

You might have a better experience if you wait for the nutmeg to clear your system though.