• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Will Saphris/Lactimil help me mean off benzos?

cdigital

Bluelighter
My psychdoc is awesome and willing to give me anything to help me wean off/ get off xanax and klonopin. I tell him everything.

I do have a big habit... 6mg xanax and 6mg kpins a day. He knows this. As I start to taper slow i will feel horrible and hope these med will help. It was for severe anxiety though because I've been diagnosed with GAD. I go maybe 6 mos of periods of extreme self improvement - join the rotary club, work out everyday, saving money, bank stuff on autotransfer, setting up retirement accounts, vitamins, self improvement books, no smoking, etc.

This followed by 2-3 months party binging on anything (mostly H and oxy). We both agreed this is a kind of bipolar disorder.

He rx'ed me Saphris (I'm going to ask for Lyrica later as well) and Lactimal for bipolar.

Will these meds help my feel OK as I taper? This taper might be worse because it's my 2nd one.

(some baxkground as well, I has monstrous 1mg ksalol habit couple years back, popping like 20 a day. I mean they ran out, so found some oxy which turned into an oxy habit, then used rx'd subs to get off. I still take .5 -1mg of sub a day, to keep cravings away and for its awesome antidepressant effect for about 4 hours.)

Thanks guys :( Does this belong in Dark Side?)

We both agreed this is a kind of bipolar disorder.

He rx'ed me Saphris (I'm going to ask for Lyrica later as well) and Lactimal for bipolar.

Are you talking about Lamictal? If so then it should help, it's an anti-convulsant as well. Be careful with Lyrica because it has abuse potential as well.