• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Will I have withdrawals from a heavy 5 day Xanax binge?

bxtays

Greenlighter
I took roughly 20-26mg Xanax for 5 days straight and was wondering if I would have any withdrawals or symptoms.

Thank you for answering.

(I have major built up tolerance or the bars were underdosed, but I was ?safe? with it. Didn?t blackout once.)

was wondering if I would have any withdrawals or symptoms.

Yeah, maybe..

I took roughly 20-26mg Xanax for 5 days straight.
but I was safe with it

Define safe..

Didn't blackout once.

Not that you can recall anyway..

No seriously, you weren't safe.
When your criteria for safe behaviour involves an evaluation of whether or not you blacked out, you need to re-assess some things.

If you notice any tremors or start to feel off, don't hesitate to consult a medical professional.

I think it depends on your history. If you've been addicted or had wds in the past (and how recent). If this is the case.. You might get them.

If not I think you'll be ok.. Body might need a little told to clean itself out, but should be manageable.

And I agree with the poster above. Blacking out isn't the best measurement on being safe lol

you should be fine i done ir gor longet period of time 5 to 6 week but 4 to 6 mgs a day and just felt shitty for a couple of days but everyone is different piece bro hope you're ok

i also did 24 mgs of lorazepam in one night but cant recall what happened for 3 days loogoos luck and careful with benzos

You obviously have a supply. Your best bet, besides being ignorant about benzos, is make sure your stable on a dose, and taper slower down to normal dosage.That way, you are less likely to have negative side effects. Just don't go cold turkey.

Assuming OP took 20-26 mg over the course of 5 days (i.e. 4-5 mg per day) that's probably not long enough to give them seizures from discontinuation... I'd expect some rebound anxiety, though.

The worst rebound symptoms will probably be some heavy anxiety, insomnia, and possibly some tremors. Just watch out if you start getting brain zaps. They are a little hard to describe without a lengthy post, but you will know them if you have them, it's like electricity... If you start having those, I would advise to go to the Doctor.

Update: I have gotten no symptoms thus far, so I have a good feeling that I am in the clear.

I speak from nothing but personal experience which is me doing a great amount, unholy in terms of how many mgs I transformed to a gram, or more, consisting of a greater part diazepam and the lesser amount midazolam, that magically vanished in the wild side of me, the tasmanian devil that's seemingly acted with no responsibility or the like, doing IM-shots till I almost couldn't lift my arms, in no more than less than a weeks time of the incomparable and far beyond what I'd say is completely brainless consumption of aa shipload of ampoules! I did so much, I really had worries that it will bite my arse someday when all the accumulated amounts I hideously administered to myself, are dropping below a certain level - which was not the case, to my advantage! I dunno what other things can be considered to play a role in someone else experiencing the difference, even when the person had problems in the past with benzodiazepines, but no tolerance to speak of - especially when it's no shit that i cannot understand how I could do these amounts and still didn't do shit that week, went into autopilot-mode and blackout during the days, but just did fine, as usual..., even though I cannot understand how that's possible, in no way, honestly...