• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will Fentanyl Block Heroin?

aarondank

Bluelighter
I was thinking about one of my previous posts, in which we discussed the binding affinity of fentanyl vs. buprenorphine, and it got me thinking...

If one were to ingest heroin cut with fentanyl, would ONLY the fentanyl bind to one's receptors?

And more importantly, if one ingested fentanyl (technically heroin cut with fentanyl), and then a few hours later ingested CLEAN heroin (just diacetlymorphine with an inert cut, no fentanyl), would one get high from the "Clean Heroin?"
Or would the Fentanyl from prior be so tightly bound to the receptors, that it would prevent the actual heroin from latching on / getting one high?!

Hmmm....

It depends on the dose, but since the intrinsic activity of both are pretty high the difference is in only obvious for those tolerant.

fentynal and h are both full agonists so you should feel effects from either, like the poster above said, really the only factor would be tolerance.

Fentanyl has a much higher affinity, so yes, it'll most likely block the heroin, but as others have said, it depends on the dosage

Yeah this is kind of a random situation but it depends on your tolerance

having a greater dependence on opioids would actually help you in this situation because you would need more faster and thus would feel the heroin effects much more

I just went thru this, as i have two sources for my *****, one is from Baltimore, heavily cut with fynt, the other is locL, high grade original recipe lol. After doing the Baltimore for a few days i ran out and switched to local within a few hours. The local usually gets me right but i did 5 times as much as usual and hour later was in withdrawal. My point is that i personally experienced this first hand where the Baltimore fynt was lached on so hard to the receptors , the original recipe couldn't, it took a good 17 hrs for all the fynt to let go even tho the whole time i was in severe withdrawal. It was almost like waiting to take subs , had to wait to do any local because i was wasting it.

It was not a blocking effect your tolerance likely shot up for a few days after using the fent. If it was truly blocked you wouldn't feel a gram IV