View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Will DMT improve my mental health?

eastern star

Greenlighter
I really want to change myself in a lot of ways. Depression, anxiety, addiction are a few areas I could use some improvement in.

I have the impression DMT is a profound and spiritual journey, that you see God and feel at peace.

Does anyone have personal experience with mental health changes from DMT either positive or negative?

I drank ayahuasca that i ordered off of ebay during my freshman year of college. I basically came to terms with my mortality, stared death in the face. It really sucked, for damn near 6 hours I was convinced that i was dead or dying. Total loss of connection with reality. When i finally came down i was so glad to be alive/sane! Thats mainly what it taught me... life is fleeting, you have to make the best of the time you are given or you're gonna die with nothing to show! That semester i got straight A's, which until then i hadn't seen since middle school. Really changed me for the better.

The common theme in all of my DMT experiences (including 4-ho-dmt), is DOOM and DEATH. Something about DMT causes you to mentally wrestle with your own mortality. That's why it's so beneficial for me to consume DMT, if you are able to realize that all things end you are better able to see the beauty of the present! That being said if you are looking for a break through tryptamine experience (the life changing kind) you better be ready to totally let go, there is not way to contain the mind under high doses of these compounds. You have to turn off your mind, relax, and float down stream. Otherwise you will feel like you're going insane because you can't control your train of thought!

Are we talking about smoked DMT? In my case (and this is just me, everyone is different) I found that the experience from smoked DMT lasted too short to really change me all that much. Somehow because the experience was so short, even if it seemed very profound while I was in hyperspace, I would somehow easily forget about the trip and just go back to my old routines. I have experienced much more lasting changes from oral psychedelics like mushrooms and San Pedro. I have yet to try oral DMT but it is on my to do list.

So if I were you, I would recommend making an ayahuasca type thing and dosing orally.

Thanks for the input. I'm worried about drinking it because of how long it lasts so I'm more attracted to smoking it.

Smoking gives you less time to take it all in, but a nice taste. Real psychedelic breakthroughs get weird and uncomfortable, sometimes for prolonged periods, its part of the beauty. Smoked DMT just doesn't get the point across as well for me, it's either all bad or all good.
Honestly I'd just recommend you take 5 dried grams of psilocybe cubensis in silent darkness if breakthrough is what you want. Safer than ayahuasca and more clear headed/bodied too. 100% fool proof recipe for spiritual and mental metamorphosis my friend ;)

Psychedelics aren't a magic potion to make your problems better. They can be, however, a tool to put you on that path yourself. The afterglow, for me, felt like pure love which was incomparable to any terrestrial love I had ever felt. Smoke some and see how it goes. You probably won't "see god" or anything like that, but it can be very spiritual. I recommend looking into changa.

For me taking mushrooms is like watching cartoons, it's fun but no breakthrough. Thanks for the advice. :)

How many times have you taken mushrooms, what doses and in what set and setting? Mushrooms and DMT do fairly similar things to you.

Have you tried taking mushrooms and listening to self-help talks for instance? or taking mushrooms and meditating in nature? Dont expect the drug to do it all for you. What you do with the experience makes a huge difference.

I'm not sure the dose, I spilt an oz with my friend and took a small handful at a time. I took them about 4-5 times over the course of a few months in different settings.
I ended up just giving the rest of the bag away to someone who LOVES mushrooms, as I tend to gravitate towards other types of highs.

You didn't take enough. Mushrooms and aya are same level for me personally. It's all about dose, if you don't see the divine truth you didn't take enough. You have to be ready to lose connection with your sense of self... your "ego". The whole eye opening process of psychedelics is taking your consciousness to places it has never been before. This is intense, scary, unsettling, euphoric, dysphoric, and transcendental all at once. A totally subjective experience that words wont do justice. Be careful!!

please have respect for the substances and yourself. Nobody can tell you a definitive answer. If you feel a substance could help you, please test it with a kit, start at a low dose and respect it.

I haven't experienced DMT or Ayahuasca yet, but they are essentially the same substance. A good friend of mine did Ayahuasca with a Shaman. I would highly advise against doing it without a shaman because they are there to protect you and keep you safe. From what my friend told me, he vomited profusely for an hour and a half and then the euphoria kicked in. Don't do it alone! Find a Shaman who can guide you. This doesn't necessarily mean going to south america to do it, but maybe finding a native american Shaman who can take care of you while you're doing it. From what I understand, they aren't as hard to find as you might think. It's still on my todo list, so maybe i'll look into it again since i have some issues with Depression and anxiety as well. Good luck!

I would start by smoking it, as that will give you a little prep for what to expect. As far as shamans? i think a friend and a little research will be just as good of a replacement. Drinking anything like this can always cause nausea, but unless you take pretty high doses of DMT you wont feel anywhere near as sick as drinking Ayahuasca. Thats just my $0.02 though, ide recommend what hawk-o said. Have fun and be safe.=D

I've heard multiple things, my friend told me either do it at the worst part of your life, or the best part. Ive never done it but I can tell you it will probably change the way you look at things forever.

Are we talking about smoked DMT? In my case (and this is just me, everyone is different) I found that the experience from smoked DMT lasted too short to really change me all that much. Somehow because the experience was so short, even if it seemed very profound while I was in hyperspace, I would somehow easily forget about the trip and just go back to my old routines. I have experienced much more lasting changes from oral psychedelics like mushrooms and San Pedro. I have yet to try oral DMT but it is on my to do list.

So if I were you, I would recommend making an ayahuasca type thing and dosing orally.
my reality in this is that while my life has thoroughly changed it hasn't slowed my habits with other drugs. Mushrooms and lsd can bring the same realizations as dmt. it's all about what your intentions are going into. for me