• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Will a purple ecstasy pill affect the testing?

Theguyfromhere

Greenlighter
I had a green ecstasy pill that I tested with a Bunk Police Marquis Reagent kit and it instantly turned dark purple almost black which is good. I have another pill of exactly the same logo but the color of the pill is purple. Will the purple dye of the second pill give a false positive on the test? Since it is already the color of what the testing soulution should turn to, I hope that it does not give me a false positive.

Very interesting question....I can definitely understand your concern here; I would be asking the same question!

Yah, because the testing solution is clear maybe a slight yellow tinge. So when it touched a green piece of pill and the liquid instantly turned dark purple I was happy. However I am worried that the dark purple color of the second pill may mess with the clear testing liquid.

Nah. You might have a tiny spot of watery purple colour for a moment but nothing that comes close to the intense dark purple that an MDMA reaction produces, the dye colour would be overpowered in a second. And I don't think you'll even see any influence of the dye, though a tiny spot is possible. Moving this to pill testing Q&A as soon as I get to a PC, on my phone now

*edit*
MED to Pill Testing Q&A

*edit 2*
If the dye of the pill does produce a very noticeable discolouration, you are using too much of the pill for testing. About the size of half a pinhead is all you need, that's even a bit too much still, just a tiny bit of dust scraped off

Last edited: