Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Wilfred on FX

im a fan of the show. i wasn't expecting it to be as good as it has been so far because of the ridiculous ad campaing they had going for months. im very impressed with what fx has been doing with comedies lately but the ads had me confused on what to expect from the show. archer, its always sunny in philadelphia and louie are also some of the better comedies on cable in my opinion. mix in wilfred and thats an impressive lineup for the same network. the half baked latenights are gonna kick ass.

I recently started watching the US adaptation of Wilfred. It's funny and smart but very linear and predictable which I hate. Each episode goes the same way and ends in a similar fashion. Obviously a lot of money went into this show but I don't think the concept can last more than a few seasons. The fact the dog is always getting high makes me laugh but somewhere deep inside me I know the show needs more than this. Better off as a film than a series IMO. Does the Australian version have similar faults?

^Archer is fucking hilarious and FX is really getting their shit together.

Haha:
Australian boneheads are so much different than American coneheads, yet we're not really.

The dude in the Doggy costume is your typical 30-something lifelong Aussie pothead/beer drinker who is not in his comfort zone...i.e. L.A. is a tremendous leap for an Aussie actor.

Haha.

Elijah Wood is representative of all American stoners, I reckon.

Thin, likes P.C. humour...I don't know.

Good show, though?

I really enjoyed the aussie version and actually purchased both series on dvd.

Bit dissapointed with the american series although I put this down to the fact it is seems to have been recycled for american tv so it feels as though I have seen it all before.

IFC is going to be running a (Australian) Wilfred marathon Sunday.

Last edited:
There are two Australian seasons they can recycle for jokes before it gets stale so it does have that going for it.

One of my favourite scenes in the second series is when he chases a possum (another midget human in a suit). I don't know how that would translate to an American viewpoint but any one who owns a dog in Australia would be amused.
haha, we have possums in america too deary.

i'm gunna have to check out the AUS version too, like previous posters i had no idea that this was an american adaptation.

i reallly like elijah wood though, i think that's part of the reason why i enjoy the show so much. i was surprised to see him doing tv, if he wasn't in it i wouldn't have given it a shot. he only does interesting, quirky things since he's been an adult actor imo, if they had an unknown i would've assumed it was just some silly shit.

I think wilfred is sexy..

I think that dude is a GREAT actor, and an even better comedian. apparently he is the lead singer for some Australian band too? awesome life

speaking of sexy, Elijah Wood's sister in the show does it for me. and I usually don't like angry ladies, but...

dorian-brown.jpg

going through the american series now, and man did they declaw wilfred or what. in the aussie series he was far more manipulative and vicious. in the american version they're far too buddy-buddy straight away. still pretty funny though.

another change is the american version has far more plot, whereas the aussie original is more about the characters (the dog and the male lead) fight for domination as they get stoned on the couch.