Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Wilfred on FX

poopie

Bluelighter
from IMDB-

The story of Ryan, a depressed man who believes he is getting nowhere in his life and plans to kill himself. In the middle of his attempted suicide, he is asked to watch his neighbor's dog, Wilfred, but Ryan can only see Wilfred as a real person instead of a animal that everyone else sees. As they begin to bond more and become friends, Wilfred teaches Ryan a life lesson about people, love, and living. Written by Anonymous

I have been waiting for this show for two months. I went into the first episode expecting a lot, and I was not disappointed. Nothing amazing, but it's funny and cruel.

Plus, it haz a doggeh!:D:D

i'm watching the original series now. nice, dry wit.

I have the original Australian series at home. Bought it about a year ago and enjoyed it thoroughly, really dry humour.

I'll definitely be checking out the U.S adaptation. :)

That show is awesome. I just watched the first episode. When the dog started smoking marijuana I laughed pretty hard. Hope it stays funny.

Replays of the original Wilfred series started airing on cable TV here in Aus a few weeks ago. I hadn't seen any of the episodes so I set it up to record the whole series. I watched a few episodes and while I adore the concept of the show and I loved the dry/black humour, it just wasn't enough to captivate me....I don't know why...

I would be very interested to watch some of the new series though!

I didn't realize this show was based on an Australian show.

Either way the premiere was great, I'll be looking forward to the rest of season 1!

I didn't realize this show was based on an Australian show.

And I didn't realise that this particular second series we are currently discussing was NOT Australian! I just assumed it was made by the same people/actors as the original Australian one :D
Not quite sure why I assumed that but hey...

I think the dog is played by the same actor in both versions? Elijah Wood was on a talk show just before the premiere telling the story of how the show came to be, and I'm pretty sure he mentioned that the actor playing the dog created the show and plays in both versions.

Why is it that every good (american) show/movie made these days is a remake or was originally a book?

this is my new favorite show.. im downloading the aus series now

i've hated the commercials leading up to it. it was a reoccurring theme in our home to complain about the annoying ads. my teen son who actually watched it loves it though, so i may still try it out. the hubby watched it and is just pissed because "the dog" is doing human schtuff...so made him stop complaining until i got a watch for myself.

Elijah wood is great in it and how the guy who plays the dog falls for shit that actual dogs fall for. I need to DL the whole australian series.

Funny so far. We'll see if it gets redundant though.

There are two Australian seasons they can recycle for jokes before it gets stale so it does have that going for it.

One of my favourite scenes in the second series is when he chases a possum (another midget human in a suit). I don't know how that would translate to an American viewpoint but any one who owns a dog in Australia would be amused.

I like it because it is different (although not original since its an Aussie import).