• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Whys PCP so stigmatized? (even by drug-users!)

PCP sounds pretty cool. I am a huge fan of ketamine and love the k hole, so if you say that ketamine = yawns and pcp = superhero status, then I would love to try it.

I've done it a few times and I did not enjoy it. I didn't feel any euphoria. I just couldn't hear or see very well and I couldn't make sense out of anything. Different strokes for different folks.

Not a fan of drugs that make me egomaniac, coke is bad enough I'll pass on the self - as - god feeling of PCP.

I can't wait to get a chance to use some serious PCP.

I like 4-methoxy-PCP a lot.

the big lurch incident in the media, the mention of it in fear and loathing in las vegas might also affect drug takers, and the word of mouth from drug takers; for instance, i have a friend whos uncle claims to have taken pcp regularly in his youth, he enjoyed fighting on it for some reason, but after messing with the wrong people, the fight got out of hand and a gun was pulled, he was shot in the leg, but instead of losing the fight he went on to still win the fight, go to the pub, have a laugh and a drink for a few hours then tried to 'walk off' his hurt leg before going to hospital.

but i for one would be more than willing to try it, even tho i have barely any experience with dissociatives.

Instead I rolled around in the grass in the summer sunshine playing with wild animals and went on hikes through mountains and helped out friends and family and watched movies and ate tons of great food at nice restaurants. That is still one of the best summers of my life.

Sounds like you've just smoked some chronic budd and are high as a kite, haha

CartoonPHYSICS, I knew someone who loved to snort 2C-T-7 before a fight. It was the ultimate brawling drug in his opinion. WTF?

Just because crazy people do crazy things on PCP doesn't mean it tells you much about the drug itself.

It feels crazy to me (and slightly disappointing) that I have never come across pcp in my years of experience with psychoactives, especially considering the obscene number of different chemicals ive seen come around and have experienced in my life, from the abused to the obscure. But never PCP... wonder why?

I love dissociatives, DXM and K are both fantastic drugs to me. Personally I actually prefer DXM to K (oddly enough). Maybe its the universe keeping me from something I will surely enjoy far too much to handle... though I doubt it because it hasnt afforded me such luxuries in the past lol

I am interested in PCP, but the purity is seriously an issue. I talked to someone who used to use it back in the 70's and he said it was way better than any Ketamine, he said it started getting pretty adulterated regularly in the late 70's/early 80's.

To those who have used it, i'm sure it's more euphoric and different, but is it kind of like salvia in the disassociated yet stimulating sense? I've never felt any stimulation on good doses of nitrous and Ketamine, just usually sit glued to the bed/chair/couch.

It feels crazy to me (and slightly disappointing) that I have never come across pcp in my years of experience with psychoactives, especially considering the obscene number of different chemicals ive seen come around and have experienced in my life, from the abused to the obscure. But never PCP... wonder why?

You must not live in an urban area. PCP doesn't tend to leave the ghetto much.

Neurotoxic as fuck. Disassociatives suck too IMO, but ive only tried DXM in terms of disassociatives/

It's stigmatized because the media like to jump on the horror stories, which in reality probably seldom occur.

Plus I don't think the neurotoxicity of PCP, with the corresponding Olney's lesions, were ever proven to exist in humans. Otherwise I doubt DXM would be sold over the counter, and K still widely used in human and veterinary anesthesia.

Interesting fact - Olney's study was first published on June 16th 1989, my birthday :) So I tend to think of my existence as an experiment to prove him wrong, to which I say "Bring on the dust!"

cause even drug users see the guy running naked through the street in the dead of winter being chased by the cops and say "fuck that shit"

I never said PCP wasnt addictive, it most definetly is, psychologically. How could feeling like your god itself not be addicting? But I generally equate addiction with enjoyment, the things I enjoy the most tend to be things I become addicted to, and im not just talking drugs, im talking hobbies and everything in life. Its simple math; if I enjoy something, i want to keep doing it. I would potentially say it was the most addictive substance ive ever consumed, and I was an opiate addict for 3 years. I would also say it was the most enjoyable substance ive ever consumed. See the similarities?

Why would I want to take a drug that I dont enjoy? And why would I NOT want to repeat doing something that I did enjoy? Thus, if its enjoyable, its addictive.

The only reason my binge ended is because I consumed my entire supply, otherwise I most likely would have continued smoking it 24/7 until the day I died. Is that bad? I guess? But thats a sign that its enjoyable. Dont we take drugs to enjoy ourselves? I dont find pscyhedelics enjoyable at all, nor enlightening. Because of that, I dont find them addictive. However ive known many people who loved LSD and as a result used it 3-4 times a week and would have used it daily if it werent for the fact they couldnt "get off" two days in a row. So I would say its addictive (ya, here comes little Timmy with his clinical studies to try and prove to me LSD isnt addictive). Generally, I just find them dysphoric, scarry, and confusing. I found far more enlightenment in the depths of a 3 year opiate addiction than I ever found in an acid trip.

I never really felt out of control on PCP either (which was something I was expecting based on what I had read on it beforehand), I was able to have perfectly normal conversations with people and they had no clue I was heavily intoxicated. I cant do that on drugs like LSD, I have waaay less control and ability to act sober on LSD or mushrooms than I did on PCP.

Also one of the things that irks me is how people ASSUME that in all those infamous videos of people acting crazy while high, that they must be high on PCP. Why? because theyre acting stupid? Go watch videos of people on mushrooms or LSD, they act completely stupid too. People also act reckless and violent on alcohol. Whys the assumption always that theyre high on PCP? Because the narrator of the video says so? I somehow doubt he was privy to the toxicology results.

"That guy just did something totally crazy!!"
"Dude hes clearly on PCP"

I bet in half those videos, the guys are simply DRUNK. But that doesnt have the same sensationalist appeal as saying theyre high on PCP.

One last thing I want to say is concerning PCP purity on the street. Most PCP sold on the street corner, is in the form of "embalming fluid" (PCP dissolved into a solvent). The purity of one dealers embalming fluid and anothers, can be dramatic (I recall reading from one dosage "unit" to another doses of 1.3mg up to 86mg have been confirmed in analysis). A person whose smoked PCP for ages, could one day cop a sherm stick and it had been dipped into embalming fluid that was 3x the potency of the stuff he was accustomed to using, next thing you know hes had a major OD and is acting a fool. OD on anything and your either dead, or acting a fool.

Its just a shame that PCP is so stigmatized, yet Ketamine has this green-light and is heavily used and abused, but those same people would never touch PCP cause it apparently makes everyone who takes it try and fly to the moon with a blanket off their bed or murder their girlfriends or play in traffic.

I'd try it (with care) if I had a deep trust in the source. I would NOT try street PCP. I've heard quite a few nasty stories regarding toxic adulterants.

PCP is great fun. I think the reasons it's so stigmatized is that, more times than none, drug users follow word of mouth. PCP has so many rumors floating around it that most of the time people tend to stray from it as theyve only heard nothing but bad about it.

Those who get introduced to PCP usually do more than they can handle, which is understandable as its usually dosed out in liquid on a ciggie, which no one can tell the real dosage from, and its easy to do too much and have a negative experience.

Not to mention the fact that PCP's structural make up does leave those with a tendency to get violent on high doses, which as stated above, is fairly easy to obtain.

I think if people slowed down, and didnt believe everything they've heard they'd really enjoy PCP. Hell, I know I did.

Damn Im craving a sherm now.

LSDMDMA&8062222 said:
Disassociatives suck too IMO, but ive only tried DXM in terms of disassociatives/

Then how can you say they suck?
You can say DXM sucks, which it does, but what gives you the right and authority to say all dissociatives suck when you've only tried one?

Thats like saying all fruits suck because bananas are icky (which they're not but I cant think of a fruit I dont like so i'm using a banana to prove my point)